View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How is the material in the Legion of Superheroes silver age omni? I was intrigued by them in Geoff Johns Superman run, but know very little about them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    NZ_InFerno posted quite a while back that he was stepping down from being a moderator and from updating the OPs for the Marvel and DC Collected Editions threads and was looking for anyone eager to take the reins of each of them. Canucked volunteered and took upon himself the updating of the Marvel Collected Editions Thread first page which resulted in the Marvel thread being restarted. To this day, no one has put themselves forward to take on the DC thread. Maybe you're interested?
    I don't think I'm the one for that job. I can post for days in a row then go days without even lurking. I'm about to move into my new house in April (just signed the papers this afternoon) and having my first child in September. I'll have to pass but thanks for checking!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I can't wait for the to Peter David collections of Aquaman to come out!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBeetle91189 View Post
    I can't wait for the to Peter David collections of Aquaman to come out!
    Now you're talking my language. And no, I DON'T talk to fish.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Now you're talking my language. And no, I DON'T talk to fish.
    I hate to plagiarize myself from another thread, but...

I hope everyone who plans on buying these is pre-ordering them! Either from their LCS, Amazon, wherever.

Both volumes 1 and 2 are available for pre-order, but if DC doesn't perceive enough interest based on those numbers, there won't be a volume 3...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

The Only thing I have is the Planetary Omnibus. I is excellent. You should buy it from Amazon.com

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    People who read Hellblazer past the Mike Carey run:
    Vol 20 is out and I don't know if I should continue. The last volume finished the excellent Carey run but the story after that was just really not that interesting and very stretched out, I still didn't finish it. So I'm just wondering if the series will ever reach the heights of previous stories, cause if not I'm not sure I want to invest in another 10 or so volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    If you didn't like Andy Diggle's portion of Vol. 20, you probably won't like Vol. 21, since he wrote all of it except for two issues Jason Aaron guest-wrote. After that, there will probably be just four more volumes covering Peter Milligan's run, which I liked a lot. I think you should check out Vol. 22 once it's out, just to see if you like Milligan's take on John Constantine.
    I second Starro's reply. Both Diggle and Milligan had solid runs that ranged from "good" to "great" at parts.

If you've stuck with the Hellblazer reprints this far, I say finish it. We're almost there!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I second Starro's reply. Both Diggle and Milligan had solid runs that ranged from "good" to "great" at parts.

If you've stuck with the Hellblazer reprints this far, I say finish it. We're almost there!
    I shall then I genuinely thought there will be like 10 more volumes.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

I know it's subjective but are the Batman by Grant Morrison omnis worth picking up? I understand there will be 3 altogether? I am a big fan of Batman and I really enjoyed New X-men by Morrison if that's any kind of an idea..

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I know it's subjective but are the Batman by Grant Morrison omnis worth picking up? I understand there will be 3 altogether? I am a big fan of Batman and I really enjoyed New X-men by Morrison if that's any kind of an idea..
    Absolutely. It's superior to his New X-Men run (Which I did enjoy). The first Batman omnibus is the best, in regard to the contents

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Absolutely. It's superior to his New X-Men run (Which I did enjoy). The first Batman omnibus is the best, in regard to the contents
    Both of these statements are matters of opinion. For me, the work collected in the 2nd Omnibus is among the best Morrison has done. I also prefer New X-Men to Volume 1 and felt volume 3 was something of a let down.
    Art is uneven throughout but volume 2 features Frank Quitely, Chris Sprouse, Ryan Sook and Frazer Irving, so it has that going for it as well. I'm not a huge fan of Chris Bunham, Tony Daniel or Andy Kubert though, and actively dislike David Finch.
    That being said, all three volumes are definitely worth reading and rereading.
    Last edited by rtk79; 06-23-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Yeah, they material is pretty great. Volume 1 is fantastic and is probably my favorite omnibus. While I haven't gotten v2 yet, I've read all the material a couple times (okay, more like 10 times). It's a more complicated read (there are two or more interweaving stories), so just power through it - all will be revealed and make sense by the end.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

All-New Member

only recently came to collect collections. Started with well-known authors.

Is anyone reading any current books? ("current") is Justice League Odyssey any good? Love Abnett on Earth2 he did a few years back and of course his Aquaman run(even if the ending was... Wavey). Curious about this JL title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Is anyone reading any current books? ("current") is Justice League Odyssey any good? Love Abnett on Earth2 he did a few years back and of course his Aquaman run(even if the ending was... Wavey). Curious about this JL title.
    yeah great book. nothing groundbreaking but some really exciting moments especially if you're a fan of Cyborg or Jessica Cruz.

i'm not a fan of team books that shake up the roster more than a few times. JLO unfortunately does that. the story is consistent and engaging though, so I'd say it's worth a grab.