Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

So I was curious, if we have our fourth issues sent in can we send in pitches for new series to start in October or do we need to wait till the fourth issues are published?
    Last edited by Blue_Raider; 08-04-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Default A stroll down Memory Lane with the Legion of Doom (from New Dawn 1.0)

NEW DAWN ARCHIVES
    Lex Luthor & the Legion of Doom debuted two year ago, back in August of 2012. From out of the New Dawn 1.0 Vault and reposted here for the first time are the first five solicits.

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #1 ***ALL NEW SERIES!***
    Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHN
    Plot by GLOBAL HONORED & MCGAFFER
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Jimmy Olsen's Wild Ride"
    Lex Luthor has risen from Smallville's star pupil to become one of the world's wealthiest and most powerful figures. That isn't nearly enough for a man with his ambition. Time and again Superman and his friends have stood in the way of Luthor's ultimate goal - to rule the world. Individually he has failed but now he sees a new direction, a new hope, a new plan, a new ... team! Luthor hires Mirror Master (the stealth), Cyborgirl (the technician) and Giganta (the muscle) to break into T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Headquarters and steal the Menthor helmet. With a few evil modifications to the device along with the help of his trusty, seductive android RoboLois and an adorable lost kitten named Dex-Starr, Luthor lures Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen to LexCorp. The final piece of the puzzle, the key to finally besting the Kryptonian now answers to Luthor. Jimmy Olsen - Welcome to the Legion of Doom! The New Dawn's most evil adventure kicks off in August and as young Jimmy Olsen would say, "Yes sir Mr. Luthor, Superman must die!"
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #2
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Rise to the Challenge"
    Lex Luthor has big dreams. Now he has put together the team that will enable him to reach his ultimate aspirations of ruling the World - his Legion of Doom! Equipping Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen with the Menthor Helmet to corrupt his soul as well as probe his consciousness for clues on the Man of Steel's identity and weaknesses is one key but it will take many to unlock the universe and Luthor plans to collect them all. Phase Two begins now as the L.O.D. plan a daring assault on Challengers Mountain. Luthor, Olsen, Mirror Master, Cyborgirl, Giganta, RoboLois and their ferocious feline Dex-Starr tackle the mountain, but what exactly are they looking for? Find out this September as DCU: New Dawn's epic evil adventure continues - guest starring The Challengers of the Unknown.
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #3
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "The Time of Our Lives"
    Lex Luthor has orchestrated the hostile takeover of Challengers Mountain, but to what end if it isn't the Challengers he is after? The ruse is on. Summoned by a time/space spanning distress signal, Rip Hunter is called to the present by his colleagues, The Challengers of the Unknown, only to find the LOD lying in wait. Oh yeah, and they want to "borrow" his Time Sphere. Journey through time with Lex Luthor and his ruthless team of aspiring conquerors. Next stop: Ancient Egypt. Nothing could seriously go wrong in this issue, right?
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #4
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Walk Like an Egyptian"
    Lex Luthor and his Legion of Doom invade Ancient Egypt! It's high theatre in the sands of the past as Lex and his team plot to steal the Orb of Ra from the power mad priest Ahk-Ton who has consolidated control of the desert in a wrath of bloodshed and tyranny. If they are to succeed and survive - Luthor must form an alliance with the most unlikeliest of partners, Vandar Adg, who in a few thousand years will be among his greatest rivals...aka Vandal Savage! Luthor, Savage and the L.O.D. in the land of the Pharaohs face true evil incarnate. Would you trust these guys? Plus Jimmy Olsen has his ultimate Indiana Jones adventure. Evil has never been this fun!
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #5
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Once Upon a Time in Ancient Egypt"
    Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage have out-schemed the mad priest Ahk-Ton to gain possession of the Orb of Ra. But one should never trust an immortal tyrant. Luthor and his L.O.D. are predictably double crossed as Savage uses the Orb's immense power to possess an army of his own in order to rid Egypt of the greatest threat to his world domination, now and forever- Luthor! Could the fate of history itself rely on the Legion of Doom? You won't want to miss Giganta punch the nose off an animated giant Sphinx! Plus Dex-Starr worshippers? Join the cult this month at DC New Dawn.
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

Spectacular Member

Did Batwoman exist in New Dawn?

Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    Did Batwoman exist in New Dawn?
    Absolutely, she had her own series plotted by our friend TheAnimalMan (Chrysalis)
    Kate Kate may be appearing again soon in a Gotham title for New Dawn 2.0. Stay tuned. Of course if you have ideas for new series, let us hear them. The more the merrier.

Spectacular Member

Oh man, I'd kill to read those solicits.

Hmm.. I may have an idea, which would feature some kind of 'Avengers Academy' in the DC universe, except much more.. rural. With some Z-listers such as Millicent Mayne, Tye Longshadow, Cheyenne Freemont, and maybe even Wonder Boy.. Let me get back to you sometime on that.

Hmm.. I may have an idea, which would feature some kind of 'Avengers Academy' in the DC universe, except much more.. rural. With some Z-listers such as Millicent Mayne, Tye Longshadow, Cheyenne Freemont, and maybe even Wonder Boy.. Let me get back to you sometime on that.
    I would like to see this up on the solicits. It sounds like something I'd be interested in reading.

You should absolutely do this. Without question.

Hey New Dawn, could you guys fill me in on Aquaman's current status and if he would be available for use in a multi-issue storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    NEW DAWN ARCHIVES
    Lex Luthor & the Legion of Doom debuted two year ago, back in August of 2012. From out of the New Dawn 1.0 Vault and reposted here for the first time are the first five solicits.

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #1 ***ALL NEW SERIES!***
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Jimmy Olsen's Wild Ride"
    Lex Luthor has risen from Smallville's star pupil to become one of the world's wealthiest and most powerful figures. That isn't nearly enough for a man with his ambition. Time and again Superman and his friends have stood in the way of Luthor's ultimate goal - to rule the world. Individually he has failed but now he sees a new direction, a new hope, a new plan, a new ... team! Luthor hires Mirror Master (the stealth), Cyborgirl (the technician) and Giganta (the muscle) to break into T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Headquarters and steal the Menthor helmet. With a few evil modifications to the device along with the help of his trusty, seductive android RoboLois and an adorable lost kitten named Dex-Starr, Luthor lures Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen to LexCorp. The final piece of the puzzle, the key to finally besting the Kryptonian now answers to Luthor. Jimmy Olsen - Welcome to the Legion of Doom! The New Dawn's most evil adventure kicks off in August and as young Jimmy Olsen would say, "Yes sir Mr. Luthor, Superman must die!"
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #2
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Rise to the Challenge"
    Lex Luthor has big dreams. Now he has put together the team that will enable him to reach his ultimate aspirations of ruling the World - his Legion of Doom! Equipping Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen with the Menthor Helmet to corrupt his soul as well as probe his consciousness for clues on the Man of Steel's identity and weaknesses is one key but it will take many to unlock the universe and Luthor plans to collect them all. Phase Two begins now as the L.O.D. plan a daring assault on Challengers Mountain. Luthor, Olsen, Mirror Master, Cyborgirl, Giganta, RoboLois and their ferocious feline Dex-Starr tackle the mountain, but what exactly are they looking for? Find out this September as DCU: New Dawn's epic evil adventure continues - guest starring The Challengers of the Unknown.
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #3
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "The Time of Our Lives"
    Lex Luthor has orchestrated the hostile takeover of Challengers Mountain, but to what end if it isn't the Challengers he is after? The ruse is on. Summoned by a time/space spanning distress signal, Rip Hunter is called to the present by his colleagues, The Challengers of the Unknown, only to find the LOD lying in wait. Oh yeah, and they want to "borrow" his Time Sphere. Journey through time with Lex Luthor and his ruthless team of aspiring conquerors. Next stop: Ancient Egypt. Nothing could seriously go wrong in this issue, right?
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #4
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Walk Like an Egyptian"
    Lex Luthor and his Legion of Doom invade Ancient Egypt! It's high theatre in the sands of the past as Lex and his team plot to steal the Orb of Ra from the power mad priest Ahk-Ton who has consolidated control of the desert in a wrath of bloodshed and tyranny. If they are to succeed and survive - Luthor must form an alliance with the most unlikeliest of partners, Vandar Adg, who in a few thousand years will be among his greatest rivals...aka Vandal Savage! Luthor, Savage and the L.O.D. in the land of the Pharaohs face true evil incarnate. Would you trust these guys? Plus Jimmy Olsen has his ultimate Indiana Jones adventure. Evil has never been this fun!
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

LEX LUTHOR AND THE LEGION OF DOOM #5
    Art by FRANK QUITELY
    "Once Upon a Time in Ancient Egypt"
    Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage have out-schemed the mad priest Ahk-Ton to gain possession of the Orb of Ra. But one should never trust an immortal tyrant. Luthor and his L.O.D. are predictably double crossed as Savage uses the Orb's immense power to possess an army of his own in order to rid Egypt of the greatest threat to his world domination, now and forever- Luthor! Could the fate of history itself rely on the Legion of Doom? You won't want to miss Giganta punch the nose off an animated giant Sphinx! Plus Dex-Starr worshippers? Join the cult this month at DC New Dawn.
    32 PGS./Rated T...$2.99

Cool stuff, GH!

Hey Whit -- Lorec sent you a pitch a couple of days ago for a book he & I would like to co-plot once the monthly restriction is lifted. Did you get it?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I started using an image hosting site for my wallpapers and covers...
    And I'm sure y'all are sick of seeing the same ones again... so...

I'm going to throw in the covers to SUPERFRIENDS #5, 6 and 7 to make up for it...

First, the current issue:

And the last two issues:

Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-09-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Next month:

Also beginning in #4 is the Who's Who back-up feature:
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-09-2014 at 09:43 PM.

And now for the bonus previews for putting up with all this...

#5:

#6:

#7, featuring a cross-over with BADMEN INC.:
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 08-09-2014 at 09:45 PM.