Page 157 of 159 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2379

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Part 1 and 2 are out. Part 3 will be released in July 8th.
    Thank you so much.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You'd think animation of all places could do better.
    Well it is not easy to match what Perez did when it comes to visual side of the story.

But other than that I feel like you have to be a bit stupid to even try adapting it? I mean, main reasons why Crisis worked is already mentioned artwork and the fact that it had decades of continuity behind it. And well, it obviously changed the game for DC.

Even if in theory, with big budget, you could match what Perez did you can't really replicate other two factors. Maybe, maybe it could have worked if it was final DCAU storyline, but Tomorrowverse? After, what, six storylines? Who cares.

Reminds me of the JLU Amazo.

Even GL:TAS did a better Anti-Monitor design:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well it is not easy to match what Perez did when it comes to visual side of the story.
    Maybe this is one of the reasons they didn't really try when they tried to adapt The Judas Contract.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Maybe this is one of the reasons they didn't really try when they tried to adapt The Judas Contract.
    I mean, it was 90% the same story with the major bits adapted give or take, so I don't think you can really say the didn't try.

Though I guess they didn't do a comic-accurate Perez Deathstroke...but he still looked better than the Anti-Monitor here.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oh hey, Green Arrow and Black Canary!

Looks like they end up putting the call out to the other major DC Animated continuities via their Batman's for help.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

At least it seems more exciting than 1&2

Astonishing Member

So basically, in Apokolips War Barry restarted the entire multiverse and not just DCAMU?
    Do they even realize how stupid it is?
    But at very least it seems like it's going to be something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So basically, in Apokolips War Barry restarted the entire multiverse and not just DCAMU?
    I mean, he Flashpointed like 3 times, it was bound to do something to the entire multiverse.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Now that is a trailer!

Idk how they dropped the ball so hard with part 2. But part 3 looks like it’ll pay off big time. Dr. Fate finally!
    I mean, he Flashpointed like 3 times, it was bound to do something to the entire multiverse.
    I had the same thought after watching Part 1.
    That Barry’s multiple Flashpoint revisions reset more than just the one Earth.

1. Creating the Flashpoint Earth
    2. Undoing the Flashpoint Earth when Capt Atom went nuclear. Making a new timeline. The DCAMU.
    3. Flashpointing Apokolips War Earth and making to a new timeline again. The Tommorrowverse.

The few nods Part 1 had to Crisis on Two Earths. With that universes Owlman saying Earth 3 Luthor’s research said it was possible. Nice bit of continuity to see what became of Earth 3 when the JL wasn’t there to intervene. Flashpoints wiped out that adventure. So it never happened. Luthor ends up as a mounted head on a wall.

Even though I predicted them giving Barry multiversal reset powers, and now it’s confirmed. I don’t like it. I hope they have clever explanation for what makes the main Barry so special/unique to do it.

Still loopy though. COIE has been something they wanted to do since 2017. They reset the animated universe and are using COIE as the 2nd big adventure for the League. The first being their battle against Amazo.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-07-2024 at 11:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but the entire multiverse? Isn't it too much?
    With that universes Owlman saying Earth 3 Luthor’s research said it was possible. Nice bit of continuity to see what became of Earth 3 when the JL wasn’t there to intervene. Flashpoints wiped out that adventure. So it never happened. Luthor ends up as a mounted head on a wall.
    I think the whole point here is that Tomorrowverse is a worst case scenario. Justice League was assembled too late (which is why Syndicate wasn't stopped in their world), some of members don't even exist on their Earth (like Diana), some of them went the wrong way (Hal), Batman refuses to adopt Dick and hates the whole idea of having a family, so no Bat-Family in this timeline, and without them Bruce's future is questionable. And Bruce, Clark and Diana would die on Warworld if it wasn't for Monitor.
    So most likely it has to end with restoring the old multiverse, or something like that. Probably Barry doing one last Flashpoint and restoring the old continuity.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 05-07-2024 at 12:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, it was 90% the same story with the major bits adapted give or take, so I don't think you can really say the didn't try.

Though I guess they didn't do a comic-accurate Perez Deathstroke...but he still looked better than the Anti-Monitor here.
    Deathstroke was the least of that adaptation's problems.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Yeah, but the entire multiverse? Isn't it too much?
    Well, it was what happened in the comics.