Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Also, I see that I'm already a month older than some of you. I guess time isn't the same in these parts. Kinda like being in... HELL!?!?!?!?

I'm still here, I guess. If this is still to be the one Mignola/Hellboard?

Default Please don't panic about the reboot...

Hey Guys...
    This reboot is not a surprise to us so I don't want anyone to panic that all their hard work has been deleted...we (myself and Gary) have access to the old forum for the next month so we can repost it... Does anyone here have any special request on missing threads that they want reposted...
    Thanks
    Christine Mignola

Just saw that some of you already have done this from the old forum...after that 14 day I am guessing we have 2 additional weeks... Thanks for the help...

I'll have another look through what is there, nothing standing out from my first viewing - Middenway's thread is the definite one to be back and he's sorted it so far.
    Have to admit when I saw what happened this morning I was ready to go to the Dark Horse Forums and start again over there, but if you guys are onboard here, I'll stick around. Even though this is THE Hellboy forum, I've always felt a bit "nervous" since it isn't owned by DHC or by Mike and we live by the owner's ups and downs.

Good to hear from you CBM!

I'd reckon' regulars would wish to see the many great Middenway utility threads remain, as well as the shop appreciation and such, like the "stickied" threads basically?

Plus it might be good to add a stickied "Introduce Yourself to the Hellboy Forum"-thread?

If a fresh start would be the aim then it'd be best to get it underway. I'm ready to help with whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Hey Guys...
    This reboot is not a surprise to us so I don't want anyone to panic that all their hard work has been deleted...we (myself and Gary) have access to the old forum for the next month so we can repost it... Does anyone here have any special request on missing threads that they want reposted...
    Thanks
    Christine Mignola
    Good to hear. I noticed this forum suddenly didn't have a moderator and was worried something had happened to Gary. Glad he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Good to hear. I noticed this forum suddenly didn't have a moderator and was worried something had happened to Gary. Glad he's still around.
    Yeah he's on the beach in Mexico so don't feel sorry for him

OK, I've been thinking about what to salvage from the old forum, and we always used to get people coming onto the forum asking about hardcovers and omnibuses, or where to start. Perhaps with this new forum we could pin two threads to the top "FAQs: Library Editions and Omnibuses" and "FAQs: New to Hellboy. Where should I start?"

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    OK, I've been thinking about what to salvage from the old forum, and we always used to get people coming onto the forum asking about hardcovers and omnibuses, or where to start. Perhaps with this new forum we could pin two threads to the top "FAQs: Library Editions and Omnibuses" and "FAQs: New to Hellboy. Where should I start?"
    True enough those questions would seem frequent, but what incentive would they be giving off really?

If the question comes down to whether books or editions would be 'worth it', shouldn't people best be to answer such for themselves?

Whereas the question 'where to start', concerning designed narrational and serialized reading material for any individual having an interest - with any installment or tale as being to hold up on its own already - what would there be to add to such?
    Aren't these comics all numbered and serialized and containing English or at least existing language, plus graphics, so people can read them, as to their own preference completely?

So my reasoning would be that any not answering or not catering to some questions immediately or at all, could actually be a graceful both as graceous thing to do moreso than not.

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Yeah he's on the beach in Mexico so don't feel sorry for him
    I'm picturing him riding Batmobiles, with GDT sitting shotgun and wide-eyed, making confetti trails and deliberating on but steep popsicle folly with umbrella beverages ever at the ready...

Don't know why or how correct a notion that would be, but it's gotta be close.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-02-2014 at 05:36 AM. Reason: blame it on the English.

Request: there was a verrrrrry long (but I think mostly inactive now) Hellboy art thread. A lot of incredible stuff was in there. If that hasn't already been restored can it be? That thread was a real chronicle of people's blood, sweat, and tears. I just re-registered and wanted to mention it before I forget.

As an aside: this was the only forum I was ever really involved in and I really enjoyed seeing such an early join date and my post count. This reboot is......very disappointing.

Amazing Member

Sorry,Hellions....all is pretty much lost.
    the only way to have saved any material would to have cut and paste everything...but all the photos would not have been transfered over.
    Don't give up folks.I've been through three of these reboots already and we always bounce back better and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    Sorry,Hellions....all is pretty much lost.
    We can take it. Mister Gloomy Pants.

Besides, you're awesome. Missus Christine said so. And she is the real Kate Corrigan of the books, so.

All is not lost, even if it kinda is. It's just a matter of more posting, with enough attitude, especially if you're old. Gotta nap now...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-18-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: I'm old...
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy7783 View Post
    I just re-registered and wanted to mention it before I forget.

As an aside: this was the only forum I was ever really involved in and I really enjoyed seeing such an early join date and my post count.
    Yeah but, seeing you already re-registered, with bigger head and all, what you posted about everything really amounted to stuff particularly, so please keep on saying it. Like only you can.

Please feel free to remain on the lawn, longtimer. Like you know things from way back, like Bon Jovi...
    Last edited by Kees_L; 05-18-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper