Page 673 of 675 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675 LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 10125

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That's only counting 616. X-Men have more alternate reality versions
    One can argue if those count as the same characters or not. Especially since most people have their attachments to the 616 versions. And if we start to consider alternate reality versions, then that wouldn't exclude the movies, TV shows, video games, etc.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    One can argue if those count as the same characters or not. Especially since most people have their attachments to the 616 versions. And if we start to consider alternate reality versions, then that wouldn't exclude the movies, TV shows, video games, etc.
    True. Maybe Comicvine has counted all of them? But as I said mavel has published around 30 thousand issues of comics right? And they're available on Marvel Unlimited. So it makes sense for Wolverine to appear in third of them and Scott appearing in 8 thousand issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    True. Maybe Comicvine has counted all of them? But as I said mavel has published around 30 thousand issues of comics right? And they're available on Marvel Unlimited. So it makes sense for Wolverine to appear in third of them and Scott appearing in 8 thousand issues.
    I don't know but the numbers come across as skewed to me because even looking at Wolverine's page on Comicvine, in the top five books he's appeared in, 3/5 of those are foreign language reprints.

There's also Essential X-Men which used to reprint all the X-Men issues as well (but in English in Europe I believe). That's partially why the X-Men have always had such a boost when it comes to Comicvine appearances because pretty much all the main characters list Essential X-Men as one of their most recurring books.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I think I should start rooting for another character anyway. I'm done defending Cyke. I've had enough.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Disagree. It was Claremont's original plan for Maddie to originally be Jean reborn. Check out those few pages from XMen (Can't remember those issue numbers) from the mid eighties. I think it was a valid plan, until Layton, Shooter, and everyone else came up with an alternate plan to bring Jean back.
    --jthree
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I've seen Claremont state that his his only plans for Maddie and Cyclops were to have Cyclops retire and ride off into the sunset to live a normal life with a normal girl.
    No, in the "From the Ashes" arc, Claremont intended Maddie to be here own person and everything else a red herring. It was his way of having Scott move on while also paying homage to his original planned ending for Jean had she lived. He really should have had Maddie look nothing like Jean once Mastermind was defeated, or preferably just wrote Scott out in a different way so he could focus on Storm. Turns out if he had been more patient, Jean was gonna be resurrected in a few years and he may have had more control over it.

Maddie ended up becoming one of his best written characters as part of her descent into the Goblin Queen and the clone retcons actually made more sense than what came before. But I'm not sure her existence is worth the rest of it, both the X-Factor stuff and Claremont 's own very dodgy ideas it interrupted
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-05-2024 at 08:06 PM.

The fact Carol is still getting crap for Civil War 2 while nothing is said of Cable trying to kill the Avengers based on vague information is the height of fandom hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The fact Carol is still getting crap for Civil War 2 while nothing is said of Cable trying to kill the Avengers based on vague information is the height of fandom hypocrisy.
    Or some people calling Avengers cops when X-Men literally had their own covert ops team in X-Force, or Avengers getting flak for Genosha with no one remembering what happened to Slorenia. When Emma asked Tony where the Avengers were when Genosha died I expected him to ask her the same question about Slorenia but that would go against the common narrative.

Extraordinary Member

Controversial.
    In this new post-Krakoa era, we see a new Excalibur book with mutants going after Moira and try to redeem her.
    Banshee, Proteus, Wolfsbane, Pixie, Hope, Tempus, Egg, Elixir, Karma, Thunderbird

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Debatable/Controversial
    Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor don't look 100% identical. Living different lives, things like life experience, diet, environmental conditions, resurrection means that while they strongly favor one another, they are not exactly 'identical' anymore. They are like the Olsen Twins now in my headcanon. I envision Maddy as being more "plum" or somehow a bit heavier than Jean, who always seemed wispy and waifish to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Debatable/Controversial
    Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor don't look 100% identical. Living different lives, things like life experience, diet, environmental conditions, resurrection means that while they strongly favor one another, they are not exactly 'identical' anymore. They are like the Olsen Twins now in my headcanon. I envision Maddy as being more "plum" or somehow a bit heavier than Jean, who always seemed wispy and waifish to me.
    Jean never gave birth, so Maddie’s bustier and curvier.
    Even X-Men ‘97 highlights this. ��

Emma Frost was way more interesting as a villain and I keep waiting for her to become one again.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Villains need to start being villains again. Happy happy love island is over. Marvel basically ruined 90% of the x-baddies with Krakoa and the villains they are left with are all C or D tier.

There are only two villains whose reformations I ever bought. Rogue, who's always been more hero than villain in the public eye since she was barely a villain in publication history, and Magneto, because at least his first reformation was earned and took several years. Both characters proved themselves over and over and I think it's no coincidence that Claremont was behind both of them. Magneto's constant swaps from villainy to heroism since Claremont left ring false to me.

And the long litany of X-Villains who joined the team since then seemed to basically expect that a spot on the X-Men was guaranteed to them because of the earlier goodwill towards Rogue and Magneto. Expect pretty much all of these later additions did not earn their redemptions and have shown to have little to no morality. They all need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Villains need to start being villains again. Happy happy love island is over. Marvel basically ruined 90% of the x-baddies with Krakoa and the villains they are left with are all C or D tier.
    Right on. Because Mystique & Destiny having a wedding where half the guest list are heroes is just wrong.

Astonishing Member

Wasting Sherlock Holmes being public domain to prop up Destiny and Mystique was a bad move.

So is the inability to build up the two of them without shovelling blame for their actions on to others (usually Xavier)