Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which DC Character Has The Biggest Fanbase At CBR?

I'd say Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I'd say Batman.
    Batman was my first thought too. Even the ones who criticize Batman want him to be a 'better/more favorite' version of Batman... but still Batman. As opposed to the split fanbases like Flash, Green Lantern or Robin....

Spectacular Member

I would say it's between the members of the trinity...I mean they have their own pages on this site,,,, but between the three of them I'd give batman the edge in terms of fanbase.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Batman is number one if you count posts and threads for a single character, DC or Marvel, so I would say he has the biggest fanbase of anyone here. That doesn't mean his fans are the most vocal, however. In fact, as I mention every now and then, he doesn't even have an appreciation thread (even Peter Parker has one). No need to have one when you're at the top and have no competition for the cape and cowl.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I'd say Batman.
    Sometimes it seems like Batman isn't even the most popular character in the Batman subforum.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I've noticed much love for Dick Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Nightwing fans are insane. Certifiably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Don't get people started on which fans are "insane", "rabid", "annoying", etc. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its very interesting how many Batfamily fans don't actually seem to care for Batman himself. I don't really get it, but ya you see it all the time.
    These days, I'm in that boat.
    I'm a fan of the character in the past, but haven't cared in a while because of the directions DC's writers have taken the character since even before Rebirth began.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its very interesting how many Batfamily fans don't actually seem to care for Batman himself. I don't really get it, but ya you see it all the time.
    I don't really get it either. I've certainly been in a situation where the main protagonist isn't my favorite character in a given property (Buffy, Evangelion, some others), but I wouldn't be able to be invested in the story if I wasn't interested in them a great deal. They ARE the story.

BANNED

And very, VERY faithful.

I've thought about it and I realized Batman being disliked by a lot of hardcore fans puts him in the same boat as a lot of other popular characters. Harry Potter for example, definitely isn't the most popular character from his franchise among more hardcore fans from what I've seen. I remember reading a thread on a forum asking people to list their top 5 Harry Potter characters from the books. There were over 50 posts that I read and literally NONE of the posters placed Harry in their top 5. Likewise Luke Skywalker isn't the most popular Star Wars character, with Han and Vader usually beating him in popularity polls. A lot of Dragon Ball fans seem to not like Goku, Vegeta is easily more popular with diehard fans.

Sinestro and Hal, Black Adam and Shazam, sometimes the Rogues and Barry, Felicity Smoak and Oliver on Arrow, Doom and the other Fantastic 4 villains, internet wrestling fans liking heels (the villains) more than the faces (the heroes) Loki and Thor, Kramer and most of the supporting cast on Seinfeld etc. There are probably more examples but that's just off the top of my head where support and villains are more liked than the lead among hardcore/Internet fans. It seems to me that those fans almost always gravitate more to supporting characters and the villains more, whereas casuals are usually the opposite.

Because he's a character that deserves it, one of DC's greatest heroes and my all time favorite fictional character.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Because he's a character that deserves it, one of DC's greatest heroes and my all time favorite fictional character.
    Mine, too. And he's accumulated so much devotion and goodwill from his fanbase IN SPITE of DC doing everything possible over the years to discourage those fans. DC looks down on Wingnuts, but if I was at corporate, I'd say, "Why are there so many Wingnuts and how can I make more of them and get more of their money?"

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Grayson, sure.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Sometimes it seems like Batman isn't even the most popular character in the Batman subforum.
    There are times when Batman seems like the least popular character in his own subforum.

It makes me sad...