Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222
Results 3,316 to 3,318 of 3318
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    DC's run of Lee Falk's Phantom, circa late 80's. It is collected in a 3 volume set by Hermes Press and comes with nice extras spotlighting the creators and writers.
    17 issues in total, a 4 issue PAD mini then the 13 issue ongoing by Mark Verheiden.
    Attachment 139364

I'd never read this run and really enjoyed it. It has a nice arc to it in total with Diana Palmer. This could be ones first intro to the historical character and you'd get a good grasp of him and his setting. It does have stories in America and South America to go along with the African set stories you'd expect.

Grade: A
    Is the PAD mini named Danger in the Forbidden Kingdom. Its my favorite Phantom story.

Beastars volume 12

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DC's run of Lee Falk's Phantom, circa late 80's. It is collected in a 3 volume set by Hermes Press and comes with nice extras spotlighting the creators and writers.
    17 issues in total, a 4 issue PAD mini then the 13 issue ongoing by Mark Verheiden.
    Attachment 139364

I'd never read this run and really enjoyed it. It has a nice arc to it in total with Diana Palmer. This could be ones first intro to the historical character and you'd get a good grasp of him and his setting. It does have stories in America and South America to go along with the African set stories you'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Is the PAD mini named Danger in the Forbidden Kingdom. Its my favorite Phantom story.

Phantom Danger in the Forbidden City
    by Peter David
    Attachment 138999

This was a fun read. I didn't intend to read it all in one sitting but I did. In this tale the Phantom(Kit) battles the Singh Brotherhood as they attempt to take over The City of Gold. An adventurous reunion with the Baroness all with Diana in tow. Who is the Baroness tied to you ask....Jimmy Wells!
    Read this and see how it all comes together in a fantastic manner you would expect of Peter David.

Danger in the Forbidden City is a separate Phantom tale told by Peter David. I reviewed(post 3288 two pages back) that just prior to the DC run that yes PAD did the mini for them there. I see the confusion.
    Danger is a fantastic tale I agree!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime