Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223
Results 3,331 to 3,335 of 3335

Wakanda forever omnibus + Black Panther by Coates omnibus.
    Last edited by JPAR; 05-28-2024 at 11:08 AM.

After finishing the Titans by Johns omnibus and the Batman Beyond 25th Anniversary Compendium that I was slowly making my way through an issue at a time, I then hammered out Wonder Woman Dead Earth and Cyborg Homecoming. This morning I started Booster Gold, the Complete (2007) series.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Jonah Hex No Way Out by Gray and Palmiotti

@MRP Booster Gold is so so good. I never appreciated the series when it came out.

Finished Berserk Deluxe Edition Vol 3 a couple of nights ago. Still very good, but I'm trying to space out my buying of these. They are not super cheap (~$30 each) and they read really fast.

Started reading Fantastic Four by Millar and Hitch Omnibus. I read the first trade of this years ago and liked it, but have never heard glowing reviews of this run. I'm only 4 issues in, but it seems good so far.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Gold Goblin
    Grade: B

Gold_Goblin_TPB.jpg

This felt like the opening arc in what should've been an ongoing series. Complete with tie-in to an event(Dark Web) but looping back around to tell its own story which was addressing the removed sins of Norman. The tie-in with Dark Web allowed addressing those sins and the burden they are upon the new owner, Queen Goblin/Ashley Kafka (clone #2). The use of a rather middling Jack O'Lantern to given Norman a chance to save someone had a good feel to it despite failing in the end. It is this failure that should've been a spring board into another arc showing how Norman deals with that and continues to try and give second chances to others like he has been given(this may have been his 3/4th chance?), but anyway it was a mini and just ends.
    I do think they should've either tried harder with the mask or not gone with the Goblin moniker for Norman. That sheer faceplate is just too....blah. Also the purple eye at the gliders center is weird, just a color tie back to Green Goblin for the sake of a tie back? I could've gone for more Norman trying to make amends but hey, we had to get to ASM#50 didn't we.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime