Thread: Gi Joe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Man I really didnt want to be a hater but...

Image's entire Joe line is DOA for me.
    First off, Hama's #301 was probably as bad as you could possibly make a relaunch comic. Pedestrian dialogue - no draw or hook to the story. Serpentor turns himself and all of Cobra Island into flesh eating zombies? uhh yeah - that happened. Sorry Hama, time to hang it up. The cover and interior art was nice though.

The original Image Joe stuff being set in the Transformers universe is not something I ever wanted, even back in the 80s/90s.

Costa's Cobra from IDW is the hard-line espionage direction the franchise should have turned for the modern era.

At least we finally got the uncensored Gi Joe #1 reprint after all these years.
    Hopefully the Marvel line will get its Deluxe hardcovers continued - they simply stopped printing them over at IDW around volume Nine, all those years ago...
    Transformers and G.I. Joe are attached to the hip now unfortunately. Hasbro has screwed up G.I. Joe so badly that they're using Transformers as a life support just to keep it going. G.I. Joe is on its death bed. They've been doing reboot after reboot after reboot and nothing has been working. I don't think Hasbro knows what to do with the brand. We finally have someone that seems to actually care about G.I. Joe and is trying to revive it. We also have Hama just continuing his run.
    Last edited by wyokid; 12-13-2023 at 07:21 AM.