View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

57 45.24%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

47 37.30%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.46%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Then why even mention it? That feels like an exaggeration. Reshoots going longer than the initial shoot is not normal. "literally every film does it" Come on White Guardian, you know that's not true. They're in crisis mode here trying to pull a good movie out of this trainwreck, but most likely they want to put out something akin to a political thriller while being as apolitical as possible. I think it's probably normal for Disney to cut up a body of work so they can put out something that will be lucrative but it's by no means a practice that results in a coherent work and this level of reshoots after the initial shoot is not normal - spells bad news to me.
    It's worth mentioning because it's a good example of a film that is acclaimed(and deservedly so) and yet it had MASSIVE reshoots which means jumping the gun on a film you haven't even seen and have no insider knowledge of what is being reshoot or why is just an example of a very clear negative bias. And it's not like it's the only film to do the same, there are literally hundreds of other examples as it's a crazy common situation.

I mean, if you like coming off as incredibly biased then be my guest, I can't stop you. But it's very easy to see one's bias in this situation and take a step back and say, "Hey, yeah resoots don't objectively mean a film is going to be bad, maybe I'm just letting a really bad bias color my vision."
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 05-07-2024 at 01:07 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!