Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Magneto's relationship with Xavier is not his relationship with Scott. Id suggest your rewatch the finale. He literally tried to kill Scott and his wife. When they tried to go to Genosha, he sees the Blackbird in the sky, and causes it to blow up on sight, presumably killing the X-men and he didnt care bc in his words "they could never be apart of our world". Those are actions of a villian. Thats the last thing he did to Scott before Xavier went away. They are not close and they viewed each other as enemies. To expect Scott to just ignore that and not call Xavier out is unrealistically and unreasonable. Its not like he disowned him, refused to forgive and completely turn his back on him. He called him out on abandoning the X-men and unwisely handing everything to someone that hadnt proved he was trustworthy. Scott had every right to do so
I've seen the finale. S5 was very inconsistent when it came to continuity and animation so I didn't give it much thought that Magneto was more villainized here. He's a lot more neutral in earlier seasons. I don't have a problem with Scott's issue with Magneto but I do think he's way too hard on Xavier and I don't remember Jean ever calling out Xavier. It seemed Scott was the only one with issues besides Rogue, which demonstrates Scott's own insecurities. I haven't found him very sympathetic and it's a bit hypocritical of him to get angry at Xavier for turning his back on the X-Men when he did the same thing to Jean after the Maddie incident. Beau has written Jean to be very patient and understanding here because I feel Jean should have been allowed to vent more and call out Scott for his actions. In X-Factor, Jean was allowed to be angry about how her life was taken away from her and that while she wasn't the only victim, she was still a victim. In fact, of everyone involved, Jean is the biggest victim because she's the catalyst for everything that went wrong with her kidnapping/replacement.

And back to Magneto, Scott is aware of how close Xavier and Magneto are so despite his own personal issues, it's selfish and presumptuous of him to feel the X-Men and everything Xavier owned should be bequeathed to him. Magneto is Xavier's friend so Xavier has every right to designate him the mansion.