Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

The problem with Old Man Steve AND Falcap is that they need better writing.

I kind of like Old Man Rogers, he may be an old man but he still kicks a lot of butt, seeing as how he can still handle himself in fights. I'm ok with him in his old age leading the avengers, he has tactical mind and everyone respects him.

To be honest, and this is just something I want to see happen, but I think it would be great if old man Rogers teamed up with Old man Logan.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    The problem with Old Man Steve AND Falcap is that they need better writing.
    I think Remender has done a pretty good job with Old Man Rogers, overall.

I think it's the Hickman version which most have a problem with. But I think for story balance Hickman needed to write Steve that way. The Illuminati were blowing up planets, so Steve needed something to ensure he didn't walk out smelling like roses by comparrison. Him losing his priorities achieved that, even though it took all of 5 seconds to get him on the same page with them once they actually ended up talking.

I think Old Man Rogers away from Hickmans scenario is basically regular Steve only older. Basically.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Remender has done a pretty good job with Old Man Rogers, overall.

I think it's the Hickman version which most have a problem with. But I think for story balance Hickman needed to write Steve that way. The Illuminati were blowing up planets, so Steve needed something to ensure he didn't walk out smelling like roses by comparrison. Him losing his priorities achieved that, even though it took all of 5 seconds to get him on the same page with them once they actually ended up talking.

I think Old Man Rogers away from Hickmans scenario is basically regular Steve only older. Basically.
    For some reason Hickman seemed to think that Rogers is unable to see the bigger picture when it comes to conflicts, which isn't true. Rogers ran SHIELD for a while and if you read the first Secret Avengers run, you could tell that he saw the big picture, he's willing to make tough and sometimes morally gray calls in order to protect the world.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    For some reason Hickman seemed to think that Rogers is unable to see the bigger picture when it comes to conflicts, which isn't true. Rogers ran SHIELD for a while and if you read the first Secret Avengers run, you could tell that he saw the big picture, he's willing to make tough and sometimes morally gray calls in order to protect the world.
    Whether or not you can justifiably write Steve Rogers as morally grey is actually somewhat debatable. Some writers will potray him as a bit more flexibable in that regard than others. Some of the stuff Ellis did in his Secret Avengers run certainly showed Steve on the greyer side of things... and I recall some readers buying it, and some not buying it. A Gruenwald version of Steve would probably be opposed to the Illumianti, but an Ellis version might be willing to pull the trigger himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    He knows the ins and outs better than most. What he lacks in physicality now, he makes up for in respect and experience. So he smashed a holograph? People get frustrated.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective. I'm sure many would replace "old" with "psychotic" and "holograph-smashing" with "murdering Xavier" to describe someone else.
    Ouchies

So now he refuses to give Tony another chance of helping (after he just saved their butts) just so he can work his issues out by brawling with him?

That's a new low for Old Man Rogers.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 04-30-2015 at 12:23 PM.

I think preventing a reverted Stark from rebuilding the next world was a good call. It may be influenced by personal feelings, but we saw what reverted Stark did in San Fransisco. He's a loose cannon on his best day, and an out of control firework most others. Leaving him to rebuild humanity? I'll pass on that.

And I apologize for my earlier comment, I didn't realize how snarky it came off when I first posted it.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

*shrug*
    No offense taken.

At the end of the day, they are still just fictional characters.

And if I'm opening a thread to snark about somebody else's favorite fictional character (and I'm sure he is this to a lot of people) I think I can take somebody snarking at my favorite as well