Mighty Member

Default Supernatural Diversity (not about the CW show)

Right now, I can only think of manga/anime like Princess Resurrection, Monster Girls, and Rosary and Vampire dealing with diverse supernatural beings interacting with each other, are there any other books-comics-films-tv dealing with this subject?

Mighty Member

Blast it! Looking back at my post, I realize I didn't make clear I meant cultural differences, like, say what a Mexican Quetzacoatl and a Japanese Oni might think of each other.

Bill Willingham's FABLES would probably be a good example, though I've only read a couple myself.

The early Anita Blake books bring together various monsters. It doesn't seem to work that well when she works in faerie creatures, though.

Abbot and Costello meet the Wolfman. Van Helsing are both movies that do it. Cabin in the Woods does it, but it could've been so much better. The Ring versus the Grudge is coming out soon.

I'm not too sure what DC's Frankenstein did.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Sandman and God is Dead both have deities from different religions interacting.

Dr. Strange automatically jumps out at me. Mostly because sooner or later everyone comes to seek his counsel with the supernatural.