Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another year and another total lack of X-men and F4 news. That's pretty disappointing, given that other parts of Marvel are actually helping Fox develop TV shows like Legion. Other than Guardians of the Galaxy, there's not a lot worth getting excited about these days with Marvel animation.

I'm also glad to hear Ultimate Spider-Man is finally ending. That show went on for several seasons too long. It's still unwatchable, so immature, crass, and utterly lacking drama. I hope this new show goes in a different direction. The best Spider-Man cartoons found ways to balance kid-friendly themes with more mature stories. I hope the new cartoon actually makes an effort this time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I wonder if one day can watch another animation / cartoon about X-mens?

Maybe in a few 5 or 10 years or am I being too positive?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That Secret Wars cast sounds great! I wonder what happens to the mainstays like Cap and Iron Man? And what flavor of Secret Wars lends it's name to the title? Happy to hear about Ms. Atwell too.
    From the sounds of it, with Cap and Iron Man stuck in the past, the mainstays are thrown into different dimensions/time periods which necessitates the forming of the new team.

Perhaps they're going to be Hank and Janet and be more MCU focused that AA focused.
    I would be genuinely (but happily) surprised if that was the case. I think they've already confirmed Melissa Rauch is voicing the Hope Van Dyne Wasp.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    • New Spider-Man series is announced. Ultimate Spider-Man is ending on January.
    • There will be animation shorts featuring Rocket&Groot, Venom&Deadpool, Spidey&Iron Man and more.
    • There will be multiple animation shorts with Ant-Man and the Wasp. Josh Keaton voicing Ant-Man and Melissa Rauch as the Wasp.
    • Avengers Assemble season 4 is titled Avengers: Secret Wars. The Main cast consists of Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Wasp, Black Panther, Ant-Man and Vision.
    • Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter will also appear in Season 4.
    • Season 2 of “Guardians of the Galaxy” will feature Carol Danvers’ Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, as the series digs deeper into the cosmic side of Marvel.

Interesting.
    I'm most excited for the Rocket&Groot and Venom&Deadpool shorts. Didn't this website show a few second clip of a the Rocket&Groot short not that long ago? I thought the animation in that was awesome. And its cool to see Deadpool get some love too, it would be awesome if one day that there was an X-men cartoon but hey maybe the Deadpool short will open up more opportunities in the future.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/09/nycc...-disney-xd-ne/

Cort Lane, SVP Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment used the word "retro" to desccribe the series of shorts for Ant-Man and the Wasp...!!!! My interest went from nada to sky-high in two seconds! If we really get a series of shorts about Hank and Jan during the Cold War, does this mean they're planning on educating the masses further more on these characters because the'll be more featured in the next movie? Fingers crossed!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Another year and another total lack of X-men and F4 news. That's pretty disappointing, given that other parts of Marvel are actually helping Fox develop TV shows like Legion. Other than Guardians of the Galaxy, there's not a lot worth getting excited about these days with Marvel animation.

I'm also glad to hear Ultimate Spider-Man is finally ending. That show went on for several seasons too long. It's still unwatchable, so immature, crass, and utterly lacking drama. I hope this new show goes in a different direction. The best Spider-Man cartoons found ways to balance kid-friendly themes with more mature stories. I hope the new cartoon actually makes an effort this time.
    Baby steps, my friend. We just recently got Deadpool back in something animated. Hopefully the rest of the Fox crew will follow.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    I'm most excited for the Rocket&Groot and Venom&Deadpool shorts. Didn't this website show a few second clip of a the Rocket&Groot short not that long ago? I thought the animation in that was awesome. And its cool to see Deadpool get some love too, it would be awesome if one day that there was an X-men cartoon but hey maybe the Deadpool short will open up more opportunities in the future.
    Probably a different thing. The ones talked about here the OP left out an important detail, they are a collaboration between Funko and Marvel, they're in the style of the bobbleheads.

Spectacular Member

Spider-Man movie he is a kid in high school. Spider-Man animation he is a kid in high school. What a surprise! And it looks like Marvel animation is going down the same path that Marvel comics with the Avengers:Secret Wars and getting rid of their white male heroes. And the Ant-Man and Wasp shorts are going to be Hank & Jan while Ant-Man and Wasp in Avengers is Scott & Hope? That will work!

I never did get into Avengers Assemble the way I got into EMH, but maybe I'll give it another shot. A Deadpool short will be fun too and I do hope it leaves room for the X-Men to do their thing. I'd love another cartoon with them.

If Kamala will be a main in the next AA season, guess I'm there. Still a big deal for me that she made her first animated appearance in the last season and is now a main character for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He also said this wouldn't be the last season of Ultimate Spider-Man
    We need better comics

Not having an X-Men and Fantastic Four cartoon is a really big missed opportunity. Hopefully, Deadpool will be a gateway to that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    Baby steps, my friend. We just recently got Deadpool back in something animated. Hopefully the rest of the Fox crew will follow.
    Marvel animation in general is still a growing division. It's one area DC consistently beats them in. But it's getting better. X-Men Evolutions and (what little I've seen of) Assemble are both "pretty okay."

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Probably a different thing. The ones talked about here the OP left out an important detail, they are a collaboration between Funko and Marvel, they're in the style of the bobbleheads.
    Ah, ok then thanks for clearing that up. That will be interesting to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not having an X-Men and Fantastic Four cartoon is a really big missed opportunity. Hopefully, Deadpool will be a gateway to that.
    Thats what I'm hoping too.