Page 84 of 185 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2767

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    "Why can't everything be exactly the same as it was in the '80s! Why do things have to change!"
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what I said. What "awsome" powers of interpretation you have.

Peace

MCU Steve Rogers is a hypocritical,self righteous, delusional thug whose supposedly altruistic nature is a facade for the fact that war is all he has. He's Big Boss from Metal Gear except Big Bosd had way more reasons to be s dick and the writers knew Big Boss was a villain.

BANNED

Jane as Thor is a lot better and more interesting than Odinson as Thor.

The best written and most enjoyable mutants right now are all Avengers.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

There are probably quiet a few if I think about them. Some that come to mind are...

I prefer Sam Wilson as Captain America then Steve Rodgers. Speaking of which, Steve can be just as self-riotous and ignorant as Tony.
    I like Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther series.
    Jane is more interesting then Odinson as Thor.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

-Cyclops is cool.
    -The O5 are terrible and need to go back to their own timeline asap.
    -Aquaman is cool.
    -Robin is cool.
    -Moon Knight is best when he's fighting villains instead of (solely) his multiple personalities.
    -Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) was cool.
    -There should not be multiple heroes with the exact same codename.
    -Silver Surfer should not have a side kick or travelling buddy or whatever the hell Dawn Greenwood is.
    -Liking/not liking certain fictional people or events does not indicate whether you are a good or bad person.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

- I like it that the X-Men is no longer Marvel's premiere franchise. It's given other characters and corners of the universe a chance to shine. Marvel wouldn't be taking the risks they are right now if the X-Men were still on top.

- Bucky is my favorite Cap. Followed by Ultimate Cap.

- I loved all the Hulks. Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Lyra, A-Bomb, Skaar. I hated that Gerry Duggen got rid of them in his crappy Doc Green run. I want them back.

I wish they emphasized more that Loki has had children. And stop demphasizing he has been a parent in the past. I do want Hela retconned back somehow into being his biological daughter and she interacted more with Fenrir and the Midgard Serpent. In fact I wish her brothers got as much focus as her. I actually think retconning her into written into existence is kind of like like the Magneto not being Wanda and Pietro's father.

MCU Hawkeye is more interesting than MCU Black Widow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    You are right

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

* The Real Reason why the X-Men and Mutant Franshice is in the state it is in now is NOT because of The Inhumans, The Avengers, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man or whatever is the Flavor of the Year that my fellow X-Fans call the true enemy of the Brand is the cause of the X-Men's Ills and hardships.

No, No, No; it is cause FOX owns the rights to the X-Men and Marvel can't make the money it can with the other brands. The Focus my fellow X-Fans have on Dislike of Fictional Characters and Cheering the for Fights, Sucker Punching and Wars with Inhumans and Avengers as being the way to make X-Men Great Once more will achieve Nothing. It makes X-Men look bad in the eyes of other Fandoms.

If we as fans gave even 1/4 of the time in finding ways to help petition Marvel and FOX to stop acting like babies to one another and either petition to either share the rights and/or try to get them back to Marvel Slowly, then that would have a better chance going a Heck of a LOT Longer way in making Marvel make the X-Men more relevant again.

The X-Men can Beat-Up the Inhumans in Inhumans vs. X-Men all event long, my fellow X-Fans can cheer it all day long as a solutions to their frustration and I understand that frustration, but the truth is the X-Men Franchise will make NO real steps further in resolving it underlining issues from it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    * No, No, No; it is cause FOX owns the rights to the X-Men and Marvel can't make the money it can with the other brands. The Focus my fellow X-Fans have on Dislike of Fictional Characters and Cheering the for Fights, Sucker Punching and Wars with Inhumans and Avengers as being the way to make X-Men Great Once more will achieve Nothing. It makes X-Men look bad in the eyes of other Fandoms.

If we as fans gave even 1/4 of the time in finding ways to help petition Marvel and FOX to stop acting like babies to one another and either petition to either share the rights and/or try to get them back to Marvel Slowly, then that would have a better chance going a Heck of a LOT Longer way in making Marvel make the X-Men more relevant again..
    Look at Deadpool. He is everywhere.

Why X-men are not? Because Fox-men movies are avoid uniforms and they don't have interesting heroes. New people simply don't have reasons to start reading about Cyclops (because he did nothing in the movies), Storm? Rogue? Jean? any X-men other than Wolverine?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Look at Deadpool. He is everywhere.

Why X-men are not? Because Fox-men movies are avoid uniforms and they don't have interesting heroes. New people simply don't have reasons to start reading about Cyclops (because he did nothing in the movies), Storm? Rogue? Jean? any X-men other than Wolverine?
    Forgive my writing here, I am typing from my iPhone.

Indeed Until recently I did not get Deadpool either but by what I have heard he is by both fans and the internet been made SOOO popular to an untold level, Deadpool is something else. That alone make up for in sales the rights not being in Marvels hands.

Also yes, that is a major point to; FOX is just not good and sadly Not comfortable with promoting superheroes being and looking as superheroes. Yet they fight to keep these rights, IMO they need to start to give them up, they should have done this with the Fantastic Four a year ago.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    - I like it that the X-Men is no longer Marvel's premiere franchise. It's given other characters and corners of the universe a chance to shine. Marvel wouldn't be taking the risks they are right now if the X-Men were still on top.
    Ehhh... I don't see much difference. When X-men were on top, we had a glut of X-books coming out of the woodwork new characters and old favorites getting the spotlight. X-factor, Blue/Gold teams, X-Force, X-caliber, Gen X.... Now?? Avengers are the #1 spotlight and we get Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Avengers, Mighty Avengers...

It all feels pretty much the same to me...

If anything, my opinion is that the 90's were a golden age for Marvel. YES... there were a lot of bad stories, but we haven't seen risk-taking like that since. When you can have brand new characters who's first appearance is in their own #1 and have it run for years... That's just something we don't see anymore. My pull list had tons of characters like Darkhawk, Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, Morbius, New Warriors, SleepWalker, etc. etc... Now?? If they aren't ON the avengers or somehow tied to the avengers... and already have a solid following by usurping someone elses book.... They won't even get a chance, and if they DO get a chance, it'll be relaunched before it's issue 20...

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    This is just Brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Jane as Thor is a lot better and more interesting than Odinson as Thor.
    Other than the hammer, Odin, Malekith what have we really learned about Jane Thor? The stories are being driven by the Mystery of Mjolnir and Malekith than Jane Thor. I'm enjoying the book but my enjoyment has nothing to do with the "main character".
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-06-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough