Astonishing Member

Default No Colossus in any of the current X-Books?

After Cable and X-force ended, I noticed he's no where to be found. Any news where he will be popping up? Hope they don't plan to sideline him too long.

I heard he was going to be in Amazing X-Men pretty soon. Still miss Cable and X-Force, btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I heard he was going to be in Amazing X-Men pretty soon. Still miss Cable and X-Force, btw...
    Shows up in Amazing X-Men #8 i think. He's on the cover of Amazing X-Men #9. So you will be seeing him soon.

Yup, it was confirmed that KYost will bring him with them once they start writing AXM

He probably took a bit of time off to catch up on his painting skills that he's neglected for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbar View Post
    He probably took a bit of time off to catch up on his painting skills that he's neglected for so long.
    And his brooding and selfloathing too probably

BANNED

Forget Colossus, what about Angel~~!!!

Amazing Member

Looking forward to that Amazing X-Men team roster. Agree with Flight, wish Angel, the sane one, was there too. They've dragged his storyline out far enough without any real development.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Forget Colossus, what about Angel~~!!!
    OMG Flight! Not only are you a Havok fan, but now you're an Angel fan too?!

You are officially my new favorite X-Poster.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Yeah, he's due to be in Amazing. As for Angel, I guess he's just hanging out at the JGS having no personality and not mattering at all?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    And his brooding and selfloathing too probably
    They have really taken a dump with/on the character. He was my favorite in the pre-revolution days, especially AOA bsc Peter, but man is he a sullen, one-note whiner now. I put a book down when I see him in it. Hopefully the new team does something with him or sends him off to the sunset. The promise he had in AVX was solid and away it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    They have really taken a dump with/on the character. He was my favorite in the pre-revolution days, especially AOA bsc Peter, but man is he a sullen, one-note whiner now. I put a book down when I see him in it. Hopefully the new team does something with him or sends him off to the sunset. The promise he had in AVX was solid and away it went.
    Funny how it seems that all major characters nowadays are whiny and brooding all the time. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Wolverine... Everyone is either bitching or whining. All positivity has been sucked out of these great and fun characters. Becoming the host for Cyttorrak seemed like a plot point that would have given Colossus something interesting to deal with but in the end it went nowhere and was completely pointless other than to make him hate his sister. Hard to see any reason for him to have been brought back by Whedon as nobody has done anything with him since.

And regarding Angel, another character writers completely ignore, I hope somebody would finally do something with him as well to give this new one some personality and define him some more.

Is he still a fugitive though ? If so, despite that it wouldn't be the first time the X-men harbor wanted criminals, maybe they won't let him join officially the school' staff ?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Funny how it seems that all major characters nowadays are whiny and brooding all the time. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Beast, Wolverine... Everyone is either bitching or whining. All positivity has been sucked out of these great and fun characters. Becoming the host for Cyttorrak seemed like a plot point that would have given Colossus something interesting to deal with but in the end it went nowhere and was completely pointless other than to make him hate his sister. Hard to see any reason for him to have been brought back by Whedon as nobody has done anything with him since.

And regarding Angel, another character writers completely ignore, I hope somebody would finally do something with him as well to give this new one some personality and define him some more.

Totally right about Angel. Remender did great work with him in X-Force. The juggerlossus thing happened when I wasn't reading so....was he a villain for a while or what? Is he no longer the cytorrak avatar or whatever?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbar View Post
    He's into SCULPTING now, he's probably off somewhere sculpting Magik's head into every available surface... like a creepy Easter Island...