Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cheching this out for the Wilstorm guys, Frankenstein and the dark characthers that might show up. Dont much care for the rest of the DC b and c listers, so I hope itll be really good to keep me interested,

In Azz and Lemire I trust. Hope the rest of the writers bring their a game, cause I havent enjoyed anything from Jurgens other than the first two years of his Thor run and Im not all that familiar with Giffen's work.

Fantastic Member

They're kind of ruining everything Wildstorm...

I'm encouraged by the fact that it does seem to be creative driven, not editor driven. The way they talk it's clear that, though they may have been given some sort of end goal to reach, or beats to hit, the characters involved and the plot is up to the writers. That means they will care more about the story and the characters involved, and if a writer cares about the story, it's usually better.

Im confused, is this story taking place 35 or 5 years later from current time in the DCnU which is it?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Im confused, is this story taking place 35 or 5 years later from current time in the DCnU which is it?
    Both. Batman beyond travels back in time (which is 5 years into the future) in hopes to stop what happens 30 years later (which is the big brother satellite taking over).

Fantastic Member

Still super on the fence about this.

Lemire, Azzarello and Giffen all carry a lot of weight with me. I like the cast of characters as well. But were I to have seen the material we've gotten so far without knowing who the creative team is, I know I wouldn't be interested. I think I'll be waiting to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Both. Batman beyond travels back in time (which is 5 years into the future) in hopes to stop what happens 30 years later (which is the big brother satellite taking over).
    Thanks. Understand now.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-03-2014 at 02:06 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Yeah. What's a little hazy to me is when something in the story is going to happen "now", but maybe they will get to that down the road.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    It has been a weekly since it was announced?
    Apparently.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah. What's a little hazy to me is when something in the story is going to happen "now", but maybe they will get to that down the road.
    Most likely, towards the end as things start to resolve. From a basic standpoint, there doesn't seem to be that much timey wimey stuff going on if all that happens is Terry going back in time to stop a villain from arising. Yet the creators seem to be implying there is a bit more timey wimey stuff in the story than meets the eye. So I presume things will come to the "now" towards the end of the story (which, incidentally, is how they will probably pull the 5 years later stuff out of existence).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    So guys, do you care for continuity? Would you read an ongoing that disregards a lot of previous material?
    I care about continuity in certain books. Like if I'm reading SUPERMAN, I want it to be pretty tightly knit in its own little world. I don't care if it fits with, say, AQUAMAN though. I just care about the book I'm reading and if there's a sense of a cohesive world to delve into.

Continuity is important, but I don't care about line wide continuity. That stuff stifles creativity. If EVERYTHING has to tie into FOREVER EVIL and all the books are just one story, what's the point? To me, that's boring.

I think there's a place on the market for ACTION COMICS and SUPERMAN, which tell stories of the current incarnation of the Big Guy, but also books like ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN where any story can be told. I buy both.