Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I was thinking bout this a bit ... and came to a weird conclusion: Doom is the _actual_ Batman analog in Marvel. His powers boil down to "I'm Doom". He's absurdly smart with god level plot armor attributed to him thinking a thousand steps ahead (It's just another Doombot!) This lets him have Near richards IQ, near Stark level armor, can learn near Strange level magic, it just goes on and on. The biggest thing holding back this otherwise mere "mortal among gods" is his own ideals ... like batman. Otherwise his plot armor lets him scale to universal power levels as needed.

This makes him ridiculous to gauge as a threat. In fact, I think if we spun this question slightly differently Doom would win. Pretend for a moment there was something both Thanos and Doom wanted the same maguffin. Would you bet against Doom? I dont know that I would.
    I'd bet against Doom if it were a story written by Starlin.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd bet against Doom if it were a story written by Starlin.
    LOL....was going to say the same thing. But in that same story Thanos did admit to keeping tabs on Doom to see how he was developing.

BANNED

Wonder who is the greater threat.... A omnipotent mad Titan possessing the power of the heart of Universe or a omnipotent Machiavelli possessing the power of the beyonders.