Incredible Member

Default Lazarus: Risen #6

Since neither Rucka or Lark are active Twitter users anymore, anyone heard anything on Lazarus: Risen #6? 5 came out back in October. Not in the new May solicits. I know part of the reason they switched to the quarterly/but not really quarterly publishing on Risen from the previous series was Rucka stating that Lark was a little burned out.
    Starting to wonder if they are both just burned out on the series, and it's going to become one of those books that just fades away with the occasional "yeah, we're still working on it" from one of the creators.

The next issue is coming in June, as long as the power problems in Texas don't create too many more problems.

If you'd like to keep up to date, you should join the Lazarus discord. There's a QR code link in the backmatter of Lazarus: Risen issues.
    Last edited by middenway; 03-04-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Meh. I’m waiting for Lazarus to be finished so I can read it from the start. I was thoroughly invested originally but my interest has waned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Meh. I’m waiting for Lazarus to be finished so I can read it from the start. I was thoroughly invested originally but my interest has waned.
    I believe Lazarus will go for a long time to come. At least 50 issues If I remember correctly.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I believe Lazarus will go for a long time to come. At least 50 issues If I remember correctly.
    I remember Rucka saying they were a third done when they wrapped up the original title, so maybe not 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I remember Rucka saying they were a third done when they wrapped up the original title, so maybe not 50 issues.
    I’ve got 100 issues in my noggin..but not got foggiest idea what that is based on.

But like you given up following it as it comes out, although I think it’s a terrific series...just too frustrating.

Always just use comixolgy now to buy electronic copy, so don’t anticipate any problems in buying when complete. Will probably be cheaper.

Fans who buy comics as they come out...and thereby keep the whole show on the road...are heroes. But I don’t have the stomach for that fight anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I’ve got 100 issues in my noggin..but not got foggiest idea what that is based on.

But like you given up following it as it comes out, although I think it’s a terrific series...just too frustrating.

Always just use comixolgy now to buy electronic copy, so don’t anticipate any problems in buying when complete. Will probably be cheaper.

Fans who buy comics as they come out...and thereby keep the whole show on the road...are heroes. But I don’t have the stomach for that fight anymore.
    Its not that bad. If you have to wait, you read other stuff. If you don't remember the last issue, take a reread before you dive into the new issue. Some stuff reads better in one sitting, ill give you that.

Incredible Member

Is this series ever returning? Same with Black Magick.
    Last edited by newparisian; 05-20-2024 at 02:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I really hope so. Its just too good to be shelved.

The thing with indy creators is, whenever a series get a delay, radio silence begins. It would be too easy to post an interim report, to not keep your fanbase guessing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I really hope so. Its just too good to be shelved.

The thing with indy creators is, whenever a series get a delay, radio silence begins. It would be too easy to post an interim report, to not keep your fanbase guessing.
    Rucka has been doing other books (Forged), so perhaps it's Lark that's somehow indisposed. Hope there aren't health issues with anyone.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    It has been too long between installments.
    It is future based with a few controlling "houses" that rule areas/kingdoms, I forget how its worded in-story.
    Each house has militia and there are of course champions.
    I think Forever, the lead, is a fallen champion who sees things anew but is trying to be brought back to heel. This is where my fog kicks in the heaviest.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Rucka has talked about it some on his Lazarus page on Discord. Basically, Lark was a little burned out, other responsibilities, etc. They were aiming to have enough in the bank to start back up by the tail end of this year ('24), and run (hopefully) straight through to the finish. I want to say another 6-8 issues to close it out? I haven't been on there in a while, so I could be off on some of the details.

Edit: Found this on the Discord page, from Rucka thispast November: "I think we’re going to try and release HC4 in fall of 2024, with an eye to returning with monthly issues at either the end of the year or early 2025. Michael is drawing Fallen 4 now (well now I’m hoping he’s eating turkey etc); I’d like us to have up through 8 finished before we return, ideally 9. "
    Last edited by sbp1972; 05-23-2024 at 08:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Rucka has talked about it some on his Lazarus page on Discord. Basically, Lark was a little burned out, other responsibilities, etc. They were aiming to have enough in the bank to start back up by the tail end of this year ('24), and run (hopefully) straight through to the finish. I want to say another 6-8 issues to close it out? I haven't been on there in a while, so I could be off on some of the details.

Edit: Found this on the Discord page, from Rucka thispast November: "I think we’re going to try and release HC4 in fall of 2024, with an eye to returning with monthly issues at either the end of the year or early 2025. Michael is drawing Fallen 4 now (well now I’m hoping he’s eating turkey etc); I’d like us to have up through 8 finished before we return, ideally 9. "
    Ah ok that's a decent update then, thanks. I assume Fallen is the sub-title for the last stretch of Lazarus heading towards conclusion..?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm with Dan Mad1977; willing to wait for quality material, willing (and needing!) to re-read previous on announcement of the next. And PLENTY to read between times!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet