Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
With the way Bendis titles sell right now, DC will never let him near their flagship title.
He may get a batman book, but not the main Batman book.

Justice league barely managed to stay in June top 50 comic sales, and Checkmate, with the very 1st issue, isn't even on this table.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-june-2021
I just wonder how much correct are those numbers or how trusting are they. We don't manage all the data than in the companies deal with. Maybe Bendis still is popular and we only marauder in forums and nets where Bendis is not that liked but he still sells. I mean, we are trapped in our own echo chambers and only hearing what we want to ear. And that is why DC is keeping Bendis.

Maybe Bendis still sells for other formats. Or maybe he still have contacts in Hollywood and DC want to keep him for that network of contacts. I mean, you can see than where Bendis go, certain pencillers go with him. Maybe that is true for other contacts, like directors or other writers. Who knows. Bendis in this case would be not only the writer, but the whole pacakge.

Maybe. Maybe not.

That said, I also wonder if Bendis still have influence in DC. I mean, there is he, working on his Leviathan/Checkmate proyect and his first move is to erase all the secret agencies and preparing something to do with Mr. Bones... and the next week you see the DEO working again, Bones in charge and dealing with the multiverse bussiness, far away of Checkmate, as if Williamson is not considering that as important. It is an speculation on my part and maybe it is totally wrong, but it catches my attention and it makes me wonder if Bendis have tha same level of influence now with the new managment than he had apparentely with DiDio. Maybe it is nothing, but still it is something to consider.