Ultimate Member

Default Yor Forger vs. King Bradley

Saw two threads, got inspired so her we go.

Yor Forger/The Thorn Princess takes on King Bradley/Wrath of the seven Homonculi.

Yor gets her stiletto style piercers and Bradley gets his swords.

Who wins?

Extraordinary Member

My gut says Bradley has the speed advantage

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My view is that Yor is just slightly outclassed in all of the aspects that matter here. Bradley is quicker, arguably more skilled and has body reading.

She'll be like a challenge but I don't think she can beat him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm with Nik. Bradley, being a rather impressive bullet-timer who effs up tanks with his sword and has combat precog, should be just fine against Yor.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Is Bradley fast enough that Yor has no chance of landing a hit? Because IIRc she does coat her needls in poison

It's less that he's so fast she can't hit him, and more that he enjoys a chunk of a speed advantage (solid bullet-timer with sundry other speedfeats versus some who maaaaaybe past CBPH) and combat precog to boot.

That's not enough to say 'Yor will never, ever hit him', but it's enough to say 'the vast majority of the time, Bradley will connect with his sword before Yor does with her needles'. Given the kind of stuff Bradley casually cuts through with his sword (tank shells, tank treads, etc), that'll be enough to get him the win even if that hit doesn't kill Yor; certainly it will degrade her performance enough that, coupled with Bradley's other advantages, she will get minced. Especially since her resistance to edged weapons doesn't seem to be on the same level as her ability to eat blunt damage.

However if the poison is 'standard equipment' for Yor (ie, she does this regularly, not just special occasions), it does mean that the very odd occasion that Yor might manage to hit Bradley before he chops her up, she might actually win. So, say, 9/10 Bradley with him knowing he has been in a fight?

...barring Bradley having some poison resistance feats, I don't know the character as well as I could. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Not poison resistance but Bradley clearly does have beyond human endurance for damage.

Despite being stabbed through the stomach, puking up blood and having chunks torn out of both arms, he was still cutting through multiple foot thick boulders and duelling with Scar (himself a respectable bullet timer with instant death touch and conventional alchemy) for an extended period of time.

Even at the end of that, Scar getting a lucky opening and blasting both of Bradley's arms clean off, he still had the wherewithal to snatch a sword blade of his air with his teeth and stab Scar in the throat.

Unless Yor's poison is like instant death or something, I can't see it making enough of a difference in this match.

Scar vs Bradley for reference.

Poison could be some kind of comic book neurotoxin that rapidly induces paralysis or something of that sort. I'm pretty iffy on someone just powering through that barring them having some kind of poison resistance. I guess it does depend on the type of poison; rather, how the poison works in the manga.

...watching that scene really does cement the idea that Yor is facing a near-impossible battle here, unless she gets better feats. At one point Bradley ginsues what appears to be more than a cubic meter of rock. o_O He hits her anywhere near solidly (as opposed to a nick), whatever he hits is coming clean off.

If the poison is some kind of fictional super-poison, then I can still maybe get behind 1/10 for Yor. If not...
    Why are we here?

Ultimate Member

The poison isn't a big deal in her repertoire, or at least it doesn't get a lot of focus so it doesn't have any specific properties beyond being deadly to people.

I would not consider it a reliable method for taking down Bradley. At least not more than her hilarious strength.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure there's enough data on the poison to call it standard equipment. She mentions coating her weapons in it once, but not in a way that implies it was a special occasion. And I don't think there's been any cases where she just grazes someone with her thorns. Her stabs are usually pretty lethal on their own.

As for it's strength, it's apparently strong enough to kill Elephants, but that's all we know

If it's a one-off, then she probably shouldn't get it as standard.

Whiiiiich...means Bradley basically murders her.

Maybe she'll get some better speedfeats later on, in which case the fight might get closer.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Keep in mind that the entire Final Scar battle feats is after he lost his Precog eye. He'd have been even more insane with it, not to mention if he had not sustained so many injuries beforehand as well. Dude's an absolute beast for being the "most human" of the homunculi.