Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Fair callout. Let me have the chance to correct myself…

This thing reads like a bad version of Spidey Super Stories that never actually existed
    Now that's more like it

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt14teg View Post
    IDK about that, a lot of us could just be the vocal minority and the book is selling well.
    Well, you just sort of expressed the same thought I did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    I’m glad you liked them, lol.
    What’s really weird is that this run actually started off giving Peter a good reason for a loss against Tombstone.
    Like they’re roughly equal in strength, but Tombstone lured Spidey into a situation that negated Spidey’s speed advantage and bolstered his own durability advantage. It was good! I liked and appreciated the effort of coming up with a good reason for Spidey to lose. Since then though it’s been humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat that just makes Spider-Man (ostensibly our hero) look like a chump.
    hmmm, as someone who hasn't read the run outside of the worst of the worst Dead Language, this explnation as to why people like that first arc helps. THough I think Spidey should be stronger than even enhanceed tombstone, close enough I could see it since Tombstone maximized his advantage. I also think he stopped a hobgoblin in that story? But yeah 26 issues in and Spider-Man has beaten one guy it looks like, and I don't know enough to know how much credit he should get for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think it's funny that you totally ignored anything happening with Felicia, the woman Peter is actually supposed to currently be in a relationship with.
    Ahahahahaha I legitimately forgot! I guess I'm also unsure as to what will happen there because it doesn't matter. Maybe they will use the opportunity to break them up so they can completely isolate Peter, which I could see, but maybe not. I still think the Jackpot/Spider-Man/BC team-up thing is on the table which requires them to be together at the time, so exactly when they're breaking up and ending the charade is nebulous.

I got a bunch of spider man books in my mail stack, and I’m reading 28 first . So I’ll start here. J. Jonah Jameson is lonely. To be pitied. Interesting to see octavius and Osborn butting heads, but I don’t remember them doing that before. And spiders little pet bug is cute. Can we hope to see more kraven in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I got a bunch of spider man books in my mail stack, and I’m reading 28 first . So I’ll start here. J. Jonah Jameson is lonely. To be pitied. Interesting to see octavius and Osborn butting heads, but I don’t remember them doing that before. And spiders little pet bug is cute. Can we hope to see more kraven in the future?
    yeah kraven is coming back in issue 32
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy