View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

57 45.24%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

47 37.30%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.46%
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That’d be fine if the people sharing non-positive opinions didn’t resort to “u mad bro”-like responses or “hey I’m just sharing my opinion, you can’t say anything about my opinion” argument tactics.

Saying “well don’t watch it if you don’t like it” is a very valid opinion to have (at least no less valid than the opinions on the counter side). Time should be spent doing things you enjoy, IMO.
    We're in agreement And finding enjoyment even from things you don't like, from the experience of engaging with it, can be very profound
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    We're in agreement And finding enjoyment even from things you don't like, from the experience of engaging with it, can be very profound
    So the MCU provides value to your life.

Great!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I think this thread is great and there's no reason the cows and horses need to be separate, except for some people that seem to get offended whenever someone shares a non-positive opinion about the MCU. but obviously that's bound to come up in a thread like this. But when someone is just sharing their opinion and then told stuff like "if you don't like them don't watch them" that comes off as a frantic defense instead of real discussion.
    There's definitely Anti-MCU posters who love seeing the company fail at any project. Never happy with any movie or show but keep on watching everything just to get whipped in a furor.

But OTH there are definitely Pro-MCU posters who can't stand to read any disparaging comments towards the company. For some they take it personally when criticisms are launched at the MCU.

So the MCU provides value to your life.

Great!
    Oh my god... just get over it..
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Can everyone from the back n' forth snipe-fest move on? Just assume you're awesome and silently won the argument.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

spiderman works better on his own on he's on universe xmen works better in its own universe
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-06-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    spiderman works better on his own on he's on universe xmen works better in its own universe
    Decades of reading comics where Spider-Man teams up with everyone from the Fantastic Four to the X-Men has me coming to a different conclusion.

No Marvel Team Up? No Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends? Spidey is the mascot of the Marvel Universe. Nobody puts Spidey in a corner.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-06-2023 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Decades of reading comics where Spider-Man teams up with everyone from the Fantastic Four to the X-Men has me coming to a different conclusion.

No Marvel Team Up? No Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends? Spidey is the mascot of the Marvel Universe. Nobody puts Spidey in a corner.
    We are talking about movies bro what works in comics doesn't always work In movies the best mcu Spider-Man man move didn’t have much to do with the MCU sev dr strange who was just a plot device.
    Last edited by choptop; 08-05-2023 at 02:06 AM.

Incredible Member

We are talking about movies bro what works in comics doesn't always work In movies the best mcu Spider-Man man move didn’t have much to do with the MCU sev dr strange who was just a plot device.
    However it does work in movies. It worked for all the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies and for his appearances in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. Not sure how that can be denied. Maybe for you personally it’s not but for audiences it seems to be working quite well.

Someone else was talking about “respecting the comics,” though.

That means team-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    However it does work in movies. It worked for all the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies and for his appearances in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. Not sure how that can be denied. Maybe for you personally it’s not but for audiences it seems to be working quite well.
    I didn't say it didn't work at all it made money for sure I'm just saying as a whole spiderman works better in he's own unvers.

Someone else was talking about “respecting the comics,” though.

That means team-ups!
    I love team-ups I'd just rather it be with spiderman related hero's or villans myself.

Extraordinary Member

Here is list comparing the disney mcu plus show to other mcu shows.
    The movies are talked about as well.

13 AMAZING TOMATOMETER STATS FOR THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
    WHICH PHASE RANKS BEST? WHICH CHARACTER IS FRESHEST? WHEN DID MARVEL HIT A ROUGH PATCH? WE BREAK IT DOWN.
    May 5, 2022
    1. THE AVERAGE TOMATOMETER AND AUDIENCE SCORES FOR THE ENTIRE MCU ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL
    Average Audience Score: 81.88% | Average Tomatometer Score: 81.84%
    The average Audience Score for every MCU film and show is 81.88%, while the average Tomatometer score is 81.84% — that is some consistency right there! The nearly identical scores are almost unheard of with individual films on Rotten Tomatoes, let alone when averaging out scores across 44 movies and TV series. Critics and fans: Assemble!
    2. THE DISNEY+ SERIES HAVE THE HIGHEST TOMATOMETER AND AUDIENCE SCORE AVERAGES
    In 2008, the MCU kicked off with Iron Man, which earned a 94% on the Tomatometer. In 2013, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted on the ABC network and earned a 95% on the Tomatometer. In 2015, Daredevil made its debut on Netflix and scored 89%. On January 15th, 2021, WandaVision continued the trend of critically acclaimed debuts when it premiered on Disney+ to the tune of 91% on the Tomatometer and began a run of shows on the streamer that currently boasts a 90.3% Tomatometer and 90.1% Audience Score average. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What If…?, Hawkeye, and Moon Knight have all impressed both audiences and critics, and together they have a higher critic and audience score average than the theatrically-released movies, Netflix shows, and other series released on ABC, Hulu and Freeform.

Tomatometer Averages
    Disney+ Series: 90.3%
    Theatrical Films: 83.5%
    Netflix Series: 73.5%
    ABC/Hulu/Freeform: 72.8%

Audience Score Averages
    Disney+ Series: 90.1%
    Theatrical Films: 83.7%
    Netflix Series: 76.6%
    ABC/Hulu/Freeform: 69.4%
    *Note: The 2020 Hulu series Helstrom was not included in this data
    THREAD: MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE PART II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...91#post6558891

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Can everyone from the back n' forth snipe-fest move on? Just assume you're awesome and silently won the argument.
    I always do that.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Default The Marvels’ Director Says Superhero Fatigue ‘Absolutely Exists,’ New MCU Film I

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/t...ly-1235694441/

I think superhero fatigue absolutely exists,” DaCosta told Total Film magazine. “The biggest difference from the other MCU movies to date is that [‘The Marvels’ is] really wacky, and silly. The worlds we go to in this movie are worlds unlike others you’ve seen in the MCU. Bright worlds that you haven’t seen before.”

“‘The Avengers’ movies are these epic conclusions to chapters of storytelling, whereas this is a team-up within the narrative that we didn’t necessarily expect for Marvel,” producer Mary Livanos added about what makes “The Marvels” stand out. “Usually, you wait for characters to show up all together in ‘Avengers’ movies. We were excited to design a team-up featuring characters that women from all walks of life could relate to