Extraordinary Member

Default The Flash #4 Preview

The Flash #4 Preview
    Writer: Si Spurrier
    Artist: Mike Deodato Jr.

Looks good! Deodatos art is beautiful. Four issues in....hopefully we get some answers as to what is going on this issue. I love seeing that this mystery is effecting everyone.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

Looks like the twins are back closer to the age they would've been had they not been deleted from history.

Though I feel like the reason is it's more suited thematically. Just like how Adams' wholesome family adventure stuff suited younger, more impressionable/naive kids, Spurrier's horror or looming dread tone is suited better to younger teens who are a bit more mature and can justifiably have a bit more emotional intelligence. For instance, this short scene we see with Irey in the preview doesn't fit quite as well for an 8-9 year old's internal monologue, but fits fine for a young teen.

They call Irey 13 even though she's drawn like she's 16.

Wally's Speed Force mind palace looks cool. This is a very introspective Flash run.

Teens can develop fast, especially girls. I had a classmate in the 6th grade who looked 18 and high school guys kept trying to talk to her. Another classmate same thing, by the time she was 13 she had a big chest. One of the boys in my 6th grade class towered over everybody but stopped growing when he was 19. It's not unusual. There's no teenage template (other than them looking like little kids). I think what makes it weird is when they're all made up like they're 25 or something. Like those models you see on perfume ads, basically 14-17 year olds under piles of makeup.

It always bugs me when superpowered twins always has the "Sparkle super special Starchild" girl while the boy always has problems and struggles. Annoying trope.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 01-04-2024 at 03:51 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.