s there a way to add a poll in the middle of a thread? I came away thinking this marvel should offer refunds for a book this bad.

The dialogue was corny. The author got MJs positivity and resiliency but her personality overall came off like a really bad Saturday morning cartoon. Paul having so much influence over MJ’s technology seems troubling, i would have hope for a more independent MJ. Also plot wise it seems like a reader red flag about the future. The acting jab seemed really bad, MJ’s has used this skill before why would she be so bad now?

Overall I got the sense the writer either had a lot of external issues affecting her, which is the fault of management or her own issues, or the author doesn’t have a lot of passion for these characters.

Finally this is especially a crappy way to portray the first spiderman jackpot meeting which is why I read. Aunt May and MJ are the two S tier characters in spider’s cast, the fact there is t a deeper more meaningful talk in her superhero interaction here seems bizarre.

Is it bad, are my expectations too high? Am I biased because I like MJ too much as a character to see her in such a shallow story.

I’ve always bought spider family first issues but can’t see myself investing in the MJ/Black Cat series going forward.