Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Ha. And a brand new artist -- who turned out to be none other than George Perez. I was never a big fan of George Tuska or Vince Colletta, but together -- they weren't horrible. Colletta only inked Perez once -- on Avengers 147, and I liked the result.

Avengers: When Did the Wasp First Start Changing Her Costumes?
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-wasp-changing-costumes/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers: When Did the Wasp First Start Changing Her Costumes?
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-wasp-changing-costumes/
    I always felt like Jan changing/modifying her costumes was something she did almost right from the start, even if it was only a very small modification.

I always liked it and it works for Jan!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Came upon this bit of Wasp trivia (to me at least) while looking for something else: Not only did Janet Van Dyne coin the name "AVENGERS" when they came together, she proclaimed the "SECRET WARS" conflict just so, in that original series...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yay, Jan !

Maybe she'll help the Ultra Guard redesign their uniforms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Came upon this bit of Wasp trivia (to me at least) while looking for something else: Not only did Janet Van Dyne coin the name "AVENGERS" when they came together, she proclaimed the "SECRET WARS" conflict just so, in that original series...
    ^^^Oh that’s good trivia! Imma USE this, thank you!

Please read Avengers Twilight #6. Turns out Janet is still alive in the dystopian future.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Overall I didn't enjoy Avengers Twilight very much, but issue 6 did give me something to smile at.

spoilers:
    The return of Janet Van Dyne. The Wasp! Back in all her glory with a new feat of growing bigger than the Washington Monument. Funny how in many alternate Marvel world Janet grows more. Her outfit is very MCU especially the helmet. If Hank Pym had been in the issue then all the original Avengers would have been in it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Overall I didn't enjoy Avengers Twilight very much, but issue 6 did give me something to smile at.

spoilers:
    The return of Janet Van Dyne. The Wasp! Back in all her glory with a new feat of growing bigger than the Washington Monument. Funny how in many alternate Marvel world Janet grows more. Her outfit is very MCU especially the helmet. If Hank Pym had been in the issue then all the original Avengers would have been in it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wears it better than Nadia .
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Of course, due to the method used to bring her there (she was in stasis inside a ring) she hasn't aged - and since it's roughly 25 years in the future, Kamala (the youngest surviving Avenger) is probably now older than her in that universe (bearing in mind Janet is in her mid 30s, and Kamala would have aged into her 40s since she's about 18 in the present day). Janet has ended up like silver age Steve, a couple of decades behind! Too bad this couldn't have been explored more.
    end of spoilers

Twilight never mentioned Nadia at all, so I think she never arrived in the US in Twilight's universe - if she existed, logically she'd have been the one to look after James Stark (who should be her stepbrother) after Janet and Tony's apparent deaths, and the entire story would've been averted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-29-2024 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Of course, due to the method used to bring her there (she was in stasis inside a ring) she hasn't aged - and since it's roughly 25 years in the future, Kamala (the youngest surviving Avenger) is probably now older than her in that universe (bearing in mind Janet is in her mid 30s, and Kamala would have aged into her 40s since she's about 18 in the present day). Janet has ended up like silver age Steve, a couple of decades behind! Too bad this couldn't have been explored more.
    end of spoilers

Twilight never mentioned Nadia at all, so I think she never arrived in the US in Twilight's universe - if she existed, logically she'd have been the one to look after James Stark (who should be her stepbrother) after Janet and Tony's apparent deaths, and the entire story would've been averted.
    Or she just died an early death like so many others
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Wears it better than Nadia .
    end of spoilers
    Well I'll agree to that. Anything to throw shade at my arch nemesis. Still it was an interesting choice to have Janet in it. It makes me wonder of the future for Pym Particle users and their fashion going forward. Provided they get any spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Well I'll agree to that. Anything to throw shade at my arch nemesis. Still it was an interesting choice to have Janet in it. It makes me wonder of the future for Pym Particle users and their fashion going forward. Provided they get any spotlight
    Well, there is Ultimates...