Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I checked the Rebirth issue again and as far as I can tell, Hippolysta never said this either. There isn't a scene where Wonder Woman is given the lasso in Rebirth.

I think Wonder Woman's no longer has a definitive origin story anymore. Like during the Post-Crisis era, Perez's story was the definitive origin story. It was treated like the Bible and even some of the weirder elements to it, like the reason why WW is called Diana, get referenced in later issues by other authors. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Rebirth run, it no longer carries the same authority as Perez's work and we're now getting a mishmash of events that technically never happened.

To be fair though, this might be a Tom King thing too. I read his Supergirl run recently and a character shows up called Comet that, as far as I know, has never appeared in a comic since Crisis on Infinite Earths. He is more interested in writing characters in their grandest, almost timeless state, not constrained by current continuity.
    I'm surprised you're coming to this conclusion so late. From the second issue it was evident that the events of Rebirth had been altered, this scene made it clear. That's not the same contest that Nicola Scott depicted, it's not even the same stadium.

Last edited by Koriand'r; 04-26-2024 at 08:37 AM.