Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know "Hopeless" did his research at least, considering the baby had the same name as her son from MC2.
    Would had been cool if Gerry's father was none other than Peter Parker....

News on Spider-Woman #7 and The Assembly:

bleedingcool.com/Spider-Woman #7 sold on eBay already/
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Too bad the aged up Gerry couldn’t be one of the Assembled.
    Well, I guess there’s still time to redeem him in the ongoing story, to join them eventually.

Today’s issue was great!!

I KNEW we were going to see that certain guest star from Jessica’s past!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Too bad the aged up Gerry couldn’t be one of the Assembled.
    Well, I guess there’s still time to redeem him in the ongoing story, to join them eventually.
    I assume it's meant to make her emotionally process what happened to Gerry.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Moon Squire? Cadet Marvel? Really with this stuff???
    end of spoilers

I did like the West Coast Avengers comment though.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's ridiculous that Marvel is making a big deal out of these "new Champions" but not putting them on the cover. (I miss the days when covers were more than just glorified pin-ups and had some action to them as well.)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

What a misleading headline. The Assembly are teenagers, they're more like Kamala's team than Natasha's. And San Francisco does not equal Los Angeles.

Also, while the last issue of Champions was in 2021, the team only disbanded in 2023 (issues of several books, including Scarlet Witch, had mentioned the team as still being active until then) - Fallen Friend being their final appearance, apparently it was Ms. Marvel's death that ended the team. You'd think Miles's book would've addressed what happened to them after that considering the resurrected Kamala has been appearing there.

That article is all speculation - nothing new is confirmed that wasn't in the solicit.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-27-2024 at 10:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Frankly, I'd love to see the original Champions reform, but it seems very unlikely with Angel one of the core members of the new X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Frankly, I'd love to see the original Champions reform, but it seems very unlikely with Angel one of the core members of the new X-Factor.
    The Angel in the spotlight again. I might actually pick up an X book for a change. I loved the original Champions and the original X-Factor. As for the new Assembly? I’m not really that excited. Just curious because of the whole Gerry thing.

There's one big blunder they made with the Champions. During Secret Empire, Black Widow, a member of the 70s team, trained three of the then-current Champions and three other teens who'd later join the team. The fact that Natasha had also been a Champion never came up - it's uncertain if the kids even know there was another Champions team before them, though it'd be out of character for Kamala to not know she was reusing an old name. I guess they wanted to pretend that the 70s team never existed. The only book that did acknowledge both teams was Iceman's solo book. Natasha was killed saving Miles, and the old Champions gathered to mourn her (not knowing she'd soon be resurrected in Tales of Suspense's miniseries revival). Iceman had heard about the new team and thought it was a "sick line-up".

Might history repeat? If the name Champions gets referenced in dialogue, will either previous incarnation be acknowledged?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's one big blunder they made with the Champions. During Secret Empire, Black Widow, a member of the 70s team, trained three of the then-current Champions and three other teens who'd later join the team. The fact that Natasha had also been a Champion never came up - it's uncertain if the kids even know there was another Champions team before them, though it'd be out of character for Kamala to not know she was reusing an old name. I guess they wanted to pretend that the 70s team never existed. The only book that did acknowledge both teams was Iceman's solo book. Natasha was killed saving Miles, and the old Champions gathered to mourn her (not knowing she'd soon be resurrected in Tales of Suspense's miniseries revival). Iceman had heard about the new team and thought it was a "sick line-up".

Might history repeat? If the name Champions gets referenced in dialogue, will either previous incarnation be acknowledged?
    Amadeus definitely knows about the previous team, as shown way way back when he was in Hercules’s title.