Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is it? It is are going to adapt OZT, that’s her story and I’d expect to see her at the least cameo
    Well... a lot of characters have been absent from 'their' stories, lol.

Still exciting to see her though. I always wished they'd find a way to bring her back in comics - I felt during Krakoa she could've made a great foil to Omega Sentinel.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

This was amazing, and KURT.

But there needs to be a really, really, really, really good reason that Storm wasn't back at the X-mansion within minutes of hearing of the Genosha massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    This was amazing, and KURT.

But there needs to be a really, really, really, really good reason that Storm wasn't back at the X-mansion within minutes of hearing of the Genosha massacre.
    According to DeMayo on Twitter, episodes 7 & 8 occur at the same time as 6, which makes no sense at all.

I was expecting her to show up at the end to help in the mansion fight. They just didn't want her there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    According to DeMayo on Twitter, episodes 7 & 8 occur at the same time as 6, which makes no sense at all.

I was expecting her to show up at the end to help in the mansion fight. They just didn't want her there yet.
    Now it makes sense to me. I was noticing how all of the weather in the episodes were changing so much. like the lightning in this episode and the rain going in and out and starting about the same times in the story. given the storm storm created when she got her powers back it actually makes sense that the episodes are happening at the same time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I knew Valerie Cooper wasn't Mystique in disguise. It makes perfect sense. When the sentinels attacked Genosha they didn't attack Cooper because she wasn't a mutant.

William Stryker. Enough said.

Magneto caused a power outage over the entire Earth. Nice cameo from Spider-Man, Silver Samurai, and Omega Red. I have a feeling that since Omega Red awakened we will be seeing Colossus ( and probably Magik) soon.

Charles arrives in the nick of time.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-01-2024 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Now it makes sense to me. I was noticing how all of the weather in the episodes were changing so much. like the lightning in this episode and the rain going in and out and starting about the same times in the story. given the storm storm created when she got her powers back it actually makes sense that the episodes are happening at the same time.
    It really doesn't. Storm could only see the Genosha news on TV way before the Prime Sentinels were activated and Magneto did his thing. The Xavier timeline doesn't work as well, if that was happening at the same time.

But it's cool. This episode still rocked. I just missed her in this.

Mighty Member

You know this episode kinda hit me why I'm not fully viking with the show on plot level. Robot enemies are stupid. They create no tension or anything. I'm not sure if Bastion is gonna be good or not but I think The original series never overused the sentinals. Sentinals are cool b plottype characters but they are being way too overused in this series because Disney doesn't want to portray any mutants as bad except for a few for plot sake. It's also why I believe they are pushing Sinister, he's not a villain. I think the show is just too scared to dive into complex politics sometimes. It's just false flag attacks all the time.

It also I think shows another level of why Gambit's death was done poorly. To die to defeat a robot and not an actual villain really hollows his death in my eyes

Gambit will be back. I'd bet money on it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

It really doesn't. Storm could only see the Genosha news on TV way before the Prime Sentinels were activated and Magneto did his thing. The Xavier timeline doesn't work as well, if that was happening at the same time.

They said that life death was originally one episode but execs said it was too boring and split in 2. I feel like ending of episode 4 was supposed to be Storm looking at the TV shocked but we weren't supposed to know what she was seeing until the next episode

I think her absence was mostly just to make the big "to me my X-men" cliffhanger make more sense. I would have been a lot more interesting and dramatic if we saw Iceman (and Angel if he's alive) too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    You know this episode kinda hit me why I'm not fully viking with the show on plot level. Robot enemies are stupid. They create no tension or anything. I'm not sure if Bastion is gonna be good or not but I think The original series never overused the sentinals. Sentinals are cool b plottype characters but they are being way too overused in this series because Disney doesn't want to portray any mutants as bad except for a few for plot sake. It's also why I believe they are pushing Sinister, he's not a villain. I think the show is just too scared to dive into complex politics sometimes. It's just false flag attacks all the time.

It also I think shows another level of why Gambit's death was done poorly. To die to defeat a robot and not an actual villain really hollows his death in my eyes
    I wanna see the Prime Sentinels wake up and realize they're now cybernetic Humans and try to do something with that. Like: "so what can I do with this Prime Sentinel tech now that Bastion isn't controlling me?"

Which yeah... shades of Homo Novissima.(or however that's spelled)

question about Sunspot: i thought he could just absorb solar energy to become very strong and more resistant. Oh and fly.

He can do solar blasts too?

I mean I guess that makes sense since thats what a sunspot it hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    As mentioned in the other discussion. Seems my prediction regarding the show not using the destruction of Genosha or having it stick was wrong. Time will tell how much they can lean into the comics past 24 years of bleakness until the show's audience might get repulsed aswell?

Trish being a prime sentinel seems to be a nod towards how in Iceman's part of OZT he met an ex-girlfriend who was also revealed to be a prime.
    I wanna see Trish wake up post EMP and be like "ok, I'm a cyborg, now what?"

HEHEEHEH

Yeah Gambit's death seems to be lacking in gravitas as the episodes continues to drop. At first it felt big and like a major moment. Now it feels less so. That wild sentinel feels like a throwaway miniboss before the plot really starts. Maybe we get a statue of him on Genosha in episode 10. Some crying, mostly Rogue, and then we end the episode with his grave being open or in the process of being digged up. Sigh... I really hope not.

I just feels that for everything the show gets right it messes other stuff up. LifeDeath, seemed like an obvious win but the whole plot just felt forgetable. It gave us Ororo's new costume and more confidence, but it did so in a rather boring way.

Gambit and Rogue was the true pairing according to Beau before the show and when reading fans comments it seems most felt the same way. So they kill of Gambit and Rogue gets a reason to go... rogue. Yet Gambit's death sort of disapears in the noice and fans are left hoping he will be ressurected, but said resurecction seems to happen earliest in season two(if it happens at all). Leaving this season a real loss for Gambit fans. He had episode 5 andsome small parts in episode 1. I still consider episode 1 the best in terms of focus on characters.

Instead we spend a lot of time with Scott and Jean. Like a lot. Which is great for their fans but for me who consider myself somewhere between neutral and positive to them in this show it feels noticeable. It feels like Beau made a conscious effort to focus on them when he could have done other stuff with other characters.

Beast gets to meet Trish and it turns out she was so anit-mutants she allowed herself to be turned into a prime sentinel. Unless they are abducting people for the process, which of course they don't have to. She was just a random reporter who approached the X-men. She was nothing before she was turned. Beast also doesnt' see this coming at all and gets knocked out.

At least we got some sweet Logan&Kurt scenes. Highlight of the episode for me.

Kurt's scene with Jean felt too much and too soon. I get that it's his role but it feels like a big sign "Newcomer to the team! Must be established!".

I am perfectly willing to be the only one in this camp but: It was interesting that Cable loved Maddie and didn't really connect with Jean. It was fresh. I liked that dynamic.

Bishop is still lost in the timstream, future most likely. He left in episode 3 I think.

Rogue was in a coma so others could have teh spotlight and we wouldn't learn what she stole from Gyrichs mind. Rogue is still one of my favorites but I haven't really loved what they have done with her so far. She should be the one I connect with but she isn't allowed a quiet moment to really show us how she feels. A moment for us to connect with her. I didnt' get that in episode 7, happy if others feel differently.

I really thought Magneot was being brainwashed. Instead it seems it all was a ploy to drive him to do somethign major and reckless like he did with his worldwide EMP.

There is so much to like about this show. The ambitious scope, the overarching plots, the serious tone, the clever writing. I think it captures the mutant metaphor wonderfully. I just tune in and the episodes seems to miss what to focus on, lingering to long on some plots and staying not enough time with others. For instance I liked the Roberto scene with his mother and what they were going for. It just bored me in execution.

Well, this is the most disagreeable take I can see. I don’t think the intent is avoiding complex politics. I think this is simply you trying to come up for a reason to validate why they shouldn’t use a plot concept you don’t like.

I say if you don’t like enemy robot concepts, then that is completely fine. But we can’t say the show is avoiding complex politics when it is the literal base of what they are building the entire show on.