Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Anybody know when the next issue comes out? (#10 I think?)
    It's the only book I go pick up anymore, and it's been so long I can't keep track!
    Tentatively, May 28th. But, I'm not holding my breath on it hitting that date.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Comixology currently has it as May 28th but it also has a place holder cover which isn't a good sign.
    The cover has been out for a bit. It's the one with the Legionnaire in the center, with other JSAer's in smaller boxes on each side. An homage to Legion of Super-Heroes #301.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    The cover has been out for a bit. It's the one with the Legionnaire in the center, with other JSAer's in smaller boxes on each side. An homage to Legion of Super-Heroes #301.
    Yeah I've seen the cover. What I'm saying is that Comixology doesn't have the cover as part of the listing. That sometimes means the book might be delayed.

Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah I've seen the cover. What I'm saying is that Comixology doesn't have the cover as part of the listing. That sometimes means the book might be delayed.
    The FOC date for issue #10 was 3 weeks ago on April 7th. I think that’s a pretty good indication that the release date of May 28th is accurate, LOCG shows the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Anybody know when the next issue comes out? (#10 I think?)
    It's the only book I go pick up anymore, and it's been so long I can't keep track!
    This is beyond painful. I’m going to have to re read it all again because it’s been so long in between issues. DC needs to get a new writer and start all over again before the JSA is ruined forever.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    This is beyond painful. I’m going to have to re read it all again because it’s been so long in between issues. DC needs to get a new writer and start all over again before the JSA is ruined forever.
    It's almost as if that were a feature, and not a bug.

DC doesn't seem to think that a team with old people on it can succeed, and they're determined to prove it via sabotage.

We've seen more incarnations of the JSA in various mediums than the Justice League, it feels like, and DC just can't make the effort to let them thrive.

Just read in twitter that there is confirmation that a new writer will take over the JSA after issue 12. Adams has confirmed that it's not him.

I guess it's Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's almost as if that were a feature, and not a bug.

DC doesn't seem to think that a team with old people on it can succeed, and they're determined to prove it via sabotage.

We've seen more incarnations of the JSA in various mediums than the Justice League, it feels like, and DC just can't make the effort to let them thrive.
    Wow if they are using sabotage to prove these old people can’t thrive in todays world. They must be afraid these old people might be their number one seller. Johns clearly has too much on his plate and the JSA has to take a back seat. DC better consider replacing him with another writer before we all just give up on ever having a continuous JSA ongoing. As in monthly not quarterly or as it seems right now annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's Sheridan.
    That would be an underwhelming outcome. Sheridan’s Alan mini isn’t that good in my opinion.

I’d rather Venditti write the team next.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Just read in twitter that there is confirmation that a new writer will take over the JSA after issue 12. Adams has confirmed that it's not him.
    https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...38765569536440
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Issue #10 has been pushed back to June 25th

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Issue #10 has been pushed back to June 25th
    It’s beyond sad at this point.

And no, I don’t think it’s some grand conspiracy by DC to discredit older heroes.

Everyone of Johns’ books for the past 5-10 years have had significant delays.

It’s an Occam's razor situation. The simplest explanation is probably the most accurate. Johns was producing tv and films in the past decade and now he’s starting his own comic line. He’s had too much on his plate to get his books out on time.

With Doomsday Clock the delays were so bad that DC started to go in a different direction mid story because too many heroes (including the JSA) were being held up by his lateness.

So apparently, according to Mr. Johns, the Justice Society will become a global institution. That was his plan anyway. I wonder if they’ll just scrap all of his ideas and start fresh or use his notes for a continuation of this grand storyline.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-06-2024 at 06:15 PM.

What the absolute #@$%? Surely if DC respected their fans, they would get another writer to finish mediocre

Justice Society of America #10 December 19, 2023 Expected for June 25, 2024
    Justice Society of America #11 April 14, 2024 Expected for July 23, 2024
    Justice Society of America #12 Unnannounced Undetermined
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 05-07-2024 at 05:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here’s hoping we get the final three issues in 2024 at least. and then a new series in 2025.