Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Scary art by Caleb

Those claws are massive.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 05-05-2024 at 06:36 PM.

Whats wrong with fine artists? They bring far more diversity and complexity to storytelling. Thats is why it's is so difficult to bring quality but when it does bring quality to the table, you bet it's is on whole different level than Manga, whose on the other hand have style of art being so much 1 dimensional at times that I find it hard distinguish them unless a manga nerd gives me feedback.
    ‘Just fine’ artists being artists that, while decent, don’t necessarily bring anything interesting to the table in terms of storytelling, especially given the quick turnaround most books have in Marvel’s calendar. Artists like Greg Land and Salvador Larroca, who clearly don’t spend any actual time on crafting/conveying a story or artistry in their work, and just fulfill a paint by numbers approach in order to meet a deadline.

At least Momoko’s art is clearly a different style that requires effort, with some actual beautiful imagery on occasion (a lot of that in Demon Days and her covers). The watercolour is nice too. Even if the style isn’t your favourite, I think it’s clear she puts more effort in than Marvel go-to’s like Land. She’s certainly different to average manga artists too imo

She certainly should have a writer though, as I don’t think her scripts are up to scratch.

our boy by greg capullo

Nice. Wonder if whatever he’s working on gets announced this month?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nice. Wonder if whatever he’s working on gets announced this month?
    Not sure, but if the solo wolverine book is releasing in august I'm expecting that to get announce next week. (just following how they announced x-force, NYX and jean's solo)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    ‘Just fine’ artists being artists that, while decent, don’t necessarily bring anything interesting to the table in terms of storytelling, especially given the quick turnaround most books have in Marvel’s calendar. Artists like Greg Land and Salvador Larroca, who clearly don’t spend any actual time on crafting/conveying a story or artistry in their work, and just fulfill a paint by numbers approach in order to meet a deadline.

At least Momoko’s art is clearly a different style that requires effort, with some actual beautiful imagery on occasion (a lot of that in Demon Days and her covers). The watercolour is nice too. Even if the style isn’t your favourite, I think it’s clear she puts more effort in than Marvel go-to’s like Land. She’s certainly different to average manga artists too imo

She certainly should have a writer though, as I don’t think her scripts are up to scratch.
    What about Alex Ross? He also uses watercolor and gouache. Is he not better artist then? What about Gabrielle Dell Otto? He ALSO uses watercolor and mainly acrylic but that's also a sort of watercolor medium. What about Jeff Lemire, David Mack, Brian Buccellato? Even Liam Sharp. They all do with detail UNIQUE style of their own and that too on the same genre that is super hero comics . Whereas Momoko's manga style is generic where you can put different genres that manga produce on daily basis to give different world buildings with respect to their genres but that's all the same when you put another "good" manga artist on that same job as she has gotten. His or her style will remain the same.
    Last edited by Keno; 05-05-2024 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh right Wolverine was in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Its a testament to his popularity that he was able to overcome the Fox-embargo when X-Men and Fantastic Four characters were barred from appearing in any Marvel adaptations not produced by Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Its a testament to his popularity that he was able to overcome the Fox-embargo when X-Men and Fantastic Four characters were barred from appearing in any Marvel adaptations not produced by Fox.
    Wolverine was the only character who was mostly able to avoid the ban. The few times the ban still applied to him, general audiences with no knowledge of it were super confused as to why Wolverine was missing from certain games and such like MvC4.

It's also telling that when Lego started making X-Men sets again, they started off exclusively with Wolverine sets. Take a look at the 19 X-Men minifigures that exist and how 6 of them are Wolverine.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LegoMarvel/...inifigures_we/

He was also in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH.

What about Alex Ross? He also uses watercolor and gouache. Is he not better artist then? What about Gabrielle Dell Otto? He ALSO uses watercolor and mainly acrylic but that's also a sort of watercolor medium. What about Jeff Lemire, David Mack, Brian Buccellato? Even Liam Sharp. They all do with detail UNIQUE style of their own and that too on the same genre that is super hero comics . Whereas Momoko's manga style is generic where you can put different genres that manga produce on daily basis to give different world buildings with respect to their genres but that's all the same when you put another "good" manga artist on that same job as she has gotten. His or her style will remain the same.
    I think there’s a misunderstanding here. I’m not saying her art or her style is better than Western comics as a whole, or that she’s the best. I just believe that her art is unique in the world of western comics and I’d prefer her art to someone that is just there to meet deadlines (like Land and Larocca). I prefer many Western artists over her, but I’d rather look at her comics in comparison to bad or average Western art.

I don’t think that her art style is derivative of Manga style though, and I do think she’s unique in that world too.

To be clear, I don’t think they’re bad artists, but they’re used so much because they’re able to meet the ridiculous time frames.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Those claws are massive.
    They are almost as big as the sword. Anyway, this artist has a unique, sketchy style.

New HD look at Deadpool and Wolverine

footage here: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...40279176532274

September 2024

Lfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

AIPT: And then there’s the other big mystery — X-Fan Owen asked if you could tell us anything about the story Greg Capullo is currently drawing, such as whether it’s part of the X-line or something else.

Tom: It is an X-title.

AIPT: [Laughs] Full stop.

Tom: Again, there’ll be an announcement at the appropriate moment when it is ready to be announced. It certainly won’t be a small thing because, obviously, Greg is a massive talent. He hasn’t done stuff for Marvel in a good long while. Old people like me were around when he was doing X-Force and things like that back in the day. But for a younger generation, which is virtually anybody, it should be pretty exciting to see him drawing Marvel characters again.