Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Great news. Still thinking it's a Wolverine mini, or something heavily involving him.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post

September 2024
    Hell yeah lfg!!!

Announcement is coming this week!! https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/06/ma...tor-wolverine/

Brevoort confirms that we will be getting a new wolverine villain in the new run.

How does the Wolverine solo title's sales compare to other characters? I know he doesn't beat Spider-Man and Batman but what are his sales figures like compared to Superman, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.?

He beats all of those I think. Even beats Spider-man and Batman at times, but they have multiple solo titles to his one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He beats all of those I think. Even beats Spider-man and Batman at times, but they have multiple solo titles to his one.
    Wow, that's impressive. I thought Superman might give him a run for his money but this objectively proves then that Wolverine outclasses him and really should be considered in the top three most popular superheroes alongside Spider-Man and Batman. Didn't even realize he's been beating those two at times.

He's a top 20-50 seller. the big titles he's above are thor, hulk, invincible iron man, capt america, avengers currently, nightwing, action comics, superman, wonder woman, flash.

but he's outsold by spider-man, batman, x-men, ultimate books, and energon universe.

His launch in 2020 was the highest selling book of that year.. and I feel like he could be doing better but people dropped off of the krakoa stuff.

the start of the sabretooth war (#41) was 12th and the start of x-lives in 2022 was a top 7 seller

so yeah, he's still a top selling character
    Last edited by MVComics; 05-06-2024 at 04:45 PM.

He's a top 20-50 seller. the big titles he's above are thor, hulk, invincible iron man, capt america, avengers currently, nightwing, action comics, superman, wonder woman, flash.

but he's outsold by spider-man, batman, x-men, ultimate books, and energon universe.

His launch in 2020 was the highest selling book of that year.. and I feel like he could be doing better but people dropped off of the krakoa stuff.

the start of the sabretooth war (#41) was 12th and the start of x-lives in 2020 was a top 7 seller
    That makes sense to me. I wanted to make sure that he regularly outsells the other major characters like Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain America, Iron Man, etc. Not surprised to see that's the case. Which makes me really laugh that in another thread, it was being contested that Wolverine isn't really all that popular or known and isn't an A-Lister like these guys...in what world???

Ultimate Spider-Man I know is selling better than Amazing Spider-Man right now. I don't expect Ultimate X-Men to sell all that well especially with such a D-list cast.

Glad to hear his 2020 launch was the best selling book of the year. I agree that as someone who isn't a fan of the Krakoa era, I can see why that would lose readers. This relaunch was very necessary.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    How does the Wolverine solo title's sales compare to other characters? I know he doesn't beat Spider-Man and Batman but what are his sales figures like compared to Superman, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.?
    Here's the ICv2 rankings. It only gives top 50 for non subscribers and is based off a sample size of a handful of stores I think but it's the best we have for single issues

[This one is more of a tracker of the month to month changes of ICv2 rankings and shows some comics past the top 50 but the format is different

So brevoort teased something happening to logan in uncanny #3 which launches in september as it's double shipping. I think that will transfer over to his solo..

the start of the sabretooth war (#41) was 12th and the start of x-lives in 2022 was a top 7 seller

so yeah, he's still a top selling character
    Yep. Probably #3 solo character typically behind Batman and Spidey, or Spidey and Batman (not sure who is #1 and #2 respectively) in a typical month. In terms of sales. It can vary obviously if there's a big story arc or a relaunch or something too.

So brevoort teased something happening to logan in uncanny #3 which launches in september as it's double shipping. I think that will transfer over to his solo..
    That would make a lot of sense. That tease I think came when he was replying to the question about Logan's healing factor and a fan saying he was a fan of it back when it wasn't so instantaneous. I think someone posted it in this thread a page or two back.

EDIT---Nevermind. It was you. Ha. See below.

Tom brevoort posted his weekly Q&A stuff today and I saw some interesting wolverine stuff

Can we expect more of a classic wolverine in the new era? with the accent and when he can't comeback from a drop of blood?

That's when he's most interesting as a character and has the better stories, in my honest opinion.
    Wolverine regenerating from a drop of blood was always a special case, Robert, as anybody who actually read that story in detail rather than just hearing about it knows. But your point is well-taken. That said, it can be really difficult to pull back this manner of “power creep”—it takes a bunch of sustained effort. So we’ll see. I tend to prefer a Wolverine who is human and who has some limitations, but most readers and creators who have come to the character across the past twenty years or so have a different vision of him—just as they have a different vision of Batman. I don’t know how much, if at all, we’re going to be able to get that genie back in the box. (on the other hand, there’s what happens in UNCANNY X-MEN #3…)
    Looks like he's teasing something for uncanny x-men #3 :0
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-06-2024 at 04:57 PM.

I think his relaunch in sept is going to be hard to top the list by the way USM is selling unless we get a well known creative team. I don't have proper figures for that but I wouldn't be surprised if it's selling above 750k. spidey has A LOT of fans lol

I think his relaunch in sept is going to be hard to top the list by the way USM is selling unless we get a well known creative team. I don't have proper figures for that but I wouldn't be surprised if it's selling above 750k. spidey has A LOT of fans lol
    Yeah, and a whole lot of them brought back by being able to read about a Peter Parker who is still married to Mary Jane.

That would make a lot of sense. That tease I think came when he was replying to the question about Logan's healing factor and a fan saying he was a fan of it back when it wasn't so instantaneous. I think someone posted it in this thread a page or two back.
    It might mean that logan is only in uncanny for the first 3 issues before he's sent into his own book. Brevoort also said that we can expect a few appearances in his solo. I dont know if thats for mutants only or what but I love when logan interacts with the marvel universe and I missed that for most of percy's run

Yeah, and a whole lot of them brought back by being able to read about a Peter Parker who is still married to Mary Jane.
    Yup that was a huge selling point. even for me. Hickman and Checchetto being one of the other