Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    aren't they friends still from all of what happened on Krakoa?
    maybe not friends but, Tolarable "allies" and i use that word very lightly, but Apocolypse also has that "Lets go fvck some shit up" smile its hard to tell, if this were a different art style it may have been easier to tell
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Looks like she's challenging Apocalypse
    Maybe she’s going to help Apocolypse with his challenge. Isn’t he supposed to be challenging a group of mutants to take his place?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Just to let Ororo's fans know that Storm was seen within the conclusion of POWER PACK:INTO THE STORM #5
    How is this series? Is it worth getting? I saw Storm appears so I'm considering getting it.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How is this series? Is it worth getting? I saw Storm appears so I'm considering getting it.
    Not at all. Save your coin.

We get basically nothing but lightning spam because she's on a "lightning world" and her character doesn't really drive the story. Like it was basically an accident she's there in the first place. The goal was to get Kitty and Logan.

Basically, the most interesting part from this is that it's now canon that Storm can "hear" telepathy.
    Make them mind your weather!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Not at all. Save your coin.

We get basically nothing but lightning spam because she's on a "lightning world" and her character doesn't really drive the story. Like it was basically an accident she's there in the first place. The goal was to get Kitty and Logan.

Basically, the most interesting part from this is that it's now canon that Storm can "hear" telepathy.
    How is it possible for her to hear telepathy... neurons ?

Storm's powers are basically environmental telepathy/telekinesis. She's been displayed to have high levels of natural telepathic resistance. Telepathy works with psionic energy that is somewhat similar to electromagnetic energy. Storm can definitely see and control electrical energy in people's nervous systems. So, I have always thought that she should be able to sort of do at least a primitive or rudimentary level of telepathy with her own powerset.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Tom Brevoort, the new lead x-editor, recently made a very long interview with AIPT for X-Monday 250, not a whole lot was said about the new Storm series but there are a few quotes that sort relate to it.
    Here are some passages that i found to be relevant:

1) On Storm's hair, he wasn't aware that so many people care deeply about until he heard the online discussion and changed accordingly.

AIPT: Before we get into some X-Fan questions, I’ve been wondering about something. I’ve been an X-Fan for most of my life, and five of those years have been spent writing X-Men Monday and sorting through countless fan questions. In that time, I’ve received a crash course in the many things that matter to this fandom — from the minuscule to the significant. So, since you’ve been working on the X-line, is there anything you’ve learned via X-Fan interactions that’s surprised you?

Tom: Well, I don’t think it’s so much X-fandom as it is little pockets of X-fandom. From what I’ve seen in the past, but even more so over the last eight or nine months on my various social media feeds, people will show up to bang the drum loudly for whatever thing it is that they care about. Sometimes, it’s in an aggressive, almost negative fashion. Like, “You’re not doing the thing that I want, and you’re not going to do it, and I know you’re not going to do it, so I’m pre-mad at you before you’ve even done any comics!”

Then, there are the people just advocating for the thing they really want. I discovered very quickly that the texture of Storm’s hair is very important to a segment of X-Men fandom. That actually was good information to have because that went into some of our decision-making as we figured out what that character was going to look like in the post-Krakoa era.
    2) On the characters chosen for the relaunch due to their popularity as confirmed by the retailers. (Which would confirm Storm among the top most popular x-characters as found by the comic book sellers)

The one thing I did do — very mercenary, well, practically mercenary, I want to hope — is when I was putting together my document and my plan, I asked our sales and marketing team, headed by David Gabriel and Dan Petraglia, to reach out and pose a question to like a smattering of our big retailers. And the question was very simple: Tell me what characters your customers react to in X-Men books. Who do they like? Who do they want to see? So I got feedback from retailers all across the nation and the world. And some of it was outlier stuff, but it was remarkably consistent. So as we collated and put that all together, we just treated it like votes. There was a big spread of nine or 10 characters at the top, and then a long list of two and three vote-getters. That’s not to say those characters aren’t popular and don’t have fans, but if you’re talking about the consumer fanbase, it’s pretty clear the specific characters that at least the people selling the books on the frontline think are the ones that are going to most appeal to their customers.
    3) The usual mutant leaders no longer being such after the faliure of Krakoa (but it seems to me more aimed at Xavier and Magneto than at Storm and Cyclops)
    Consequently, most of the characters that we might traditionally think of as the obvious leaders of mutantkind are not in a position to do that job in that way.

4) On when there will be more information on her solo. (In due time)

AIPT: X-Fan Nate S. wanted to know when we’ll find out more about the remaining new series: Storm, Wolverine, and X-Factor.

Tom: As we get closer to them, more information will come. Our launch is spread over four months, so we’re kind of pacing our information releases around when those various titles are going to be solicited. It doesn’t help us a whole lot to tell you about the October titles when you’re ordering the July or August titles. So the answer is everything is coming in due time.
    4) On the characters that the fans will be talking about in three months one of the them will be Stevie Hunter (Who is most connected with Storm and Kitty).

AIPT: OK, Tom — final question. Six months into the “From the Ashes” era… what three X-Men characters will X-Fans be talking about?

Tom: Wow. That’s a good question.

I’m pulling up my master chart here. For the sake of argument, rather than starting in May, let’s say from June. So that pretty much puts us around December. Let’s see… who do I have on my little chart and who can I point to?

I think we’ll definitely be talking about Inmate X. I think we’ll definitely be talking about Iceman. And I think of all people… again, this is probably more of a tease than it’s worth, but what the hell… we’ll talk a little bit about Stevie Hunter.
    Last edited by Minos83; 05-06-2024 at 08:44 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From Lucystar's "Brevoort says..." thread

Storm
    Obviously, storm is a solo character title, and we'll position that character in what i hope is a good and effective place within the cosmology of mutantkind and the x-men in this new world.

She ended up being a difficult character at first because as we laid out the 3 x-men books, we kinda realized that if you put her on any of those teams, she takes over the team. She's got such a gravity to her as a character that if she's standing next to rogue or she's standing next to cyclops or kitty, i'm sorry, they're not in charge anymore. It's her.

So, we're gonna lean into storm as a solo character on the same kind of level as an iron man or a captain america or spider man or daredevil or whatever and see if we can make that go.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    From Lucystar's "Brevoort says..." thread

Storm
    Obviously, storm is a solo character title, and we'll position that character in what i hope is a good and effective place within the cosmology of mutantkind and the x-men in this new world.

She ended up being a difficult character at first because as we laid out the 3 x-men books, we kinda realized that if you put her on any of those teams, she takes over the team. She's got such a gravity to her as a character that if she's standing next to rogue or she's standing next to cyclops or kitty, i'm sorry, they're not in charge anymore. It's her.

So, we're gonna lean into storm as a solo character on the same kind of level as an iron man or a captain america or spider man or daredevil or whatever and see if we can make that go.

Sounds Promising, but i still can't shake the feeling this is either gonna be Hit or Miss, I'm still glad she's getting Solo

Fingers crossed i guess
    "Goddess be Praised"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hit or Miss is 50/50 As with most comic books these days.

If I can sit through that dreadful Nocenti LS I'll give this one a shot. At least Brevoort seems to be have a much grander vision and interest in where the character is going.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Hit or Miss is 50/50 As with most comic books these days.

If I can sit through that dreadful Nocenti LS I'll give this one a shot. At least Brevoort seems to be have a much grander vision and interest in where the character is going.

True but idk there was a middle ground for some comics that I suppose has long vanished as of late, they weren't Amazing but surly wasn't Bad, it was a greyish zone, but now it's like dewiring a bomb you have some writers like Ewing who can defuse them easily and make great books, then someone like Nocenti blows themself up on promises of grandeur

but as you said, I do like how laid out Brevoort "seems", its not just "oh just you wait guys it's gonna be epic" he seems to have a laid-out plan with steps and explanations for them, i do appreciate that,

and Come to think of it, i dont think i even finished Nocenti's Solo, i had enough by issue 3
    "Goddess be Praised"

Listen at about 1:08, Tom Brevoort’s thoughts on why Storm is in a solo book. And I have to say, I agree!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/698wnMNbWnGbwbYcWOyfZd

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Listen at about 1:08, Tom Brevoort’s thoughts on why Storm is in a solo book. And I have to say, I agree!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/698wnMNbWnGbwbYcWOyfZd
    They're talking a good game. I hope they can deliver.

BANNED

I feel this is a golden age for Storm. She is being treated like a full-fledged solo character A-lister. I never thought this day would come but it's finally coming and more validation that Storm is the ultimate leader of the X-Men. Nobody else comes close. If she's around, everybody pales in comparison to this goddess.

I'm hoping the MCU follows suit and makes her the true leader of the X-Men and mutantkind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I feel this is a golden age for Storm. She is being treated like a full-fledged solo character A-lister. I never thought this day would come but it's finally coming and more validation that Storm is the ultimate leader of the X-Men. Nobody else comes close. If she's around, everybody pales in comparison to this goddess.

I'm hoping the MCU follows suit and makes her the true leader of the X-Men and mutantkind.
    Your optimism is beautful but Breevort and the solo staff will have to earn my trust. I wonder what the premise is? I wonder about her role and what will she be doing? I wonder about her supporting cast, the goals in her character development. I need more before I can become hopeful. Quite honestly, I am still grieving the impending loss of lord Ewing.