Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1078

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I was also bullied (well, taunted more than anything physical, since I wasn't small) and sometimes they did go after me via Dodgeball, but I was faster than they were. My aim was better than theirs, too.
    I'd expect nothing less from the Dark Knight!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'd expect nothing less from the Dark Knight!
    Heh. I read about superheroes back then, but I was more Clark Kent than Superman pre-HS.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    About Phys Ed. I played all the sports in PE but not on any extra curricula teams. While the PE teachers coaches gave us the general rules of the game, they never really taught us to play. I am talking about skill and technique. You got up to bat and whiffed or made contavt. But I never had a coach give me pointers. I found out much later I held my bat too far back and swung down and not level. That would have been good to know. I did not learn until I was an adult that I never put enough arc on my basketball shots. Probably would have doubled my baskets.
    Did anyone else have a similar experience?
    Yeah, I thought they were a waste in high school. My most vivid memory of them was wearing their winter coats while we were freezing our butts off in our shorts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don't know either of those games, but 'Asses Up' sounds like a good time.
    Kill the Carrier is just tag with tackling. Someone carries a ball. Everyone else tries to tackle them and get the ball away. Rinse and repeat.

Asses Up actually has a Wikipedia entry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butts_Up

In New York City, the game is usually called "Asses Up", and the game is played exactly the same, the only major difference is that when ever a kid is "out", or doesn't touch the wall before the ball or is hit with the ball by another player,
    The rest of the description is not how we played it. It was three outs. Then spread eagle on the wall, and everyone else left gets three throws at you.

Extraordinary Member

I think The Flash movie could have not been an abject commercial failure if they hadn't had that downer ending. Instead, they could have had him recruit Cavill, WW, Nic Cage Superman, Brandon Routh Superman, Black Adam, Shazam, and a Brosnan Dr. Fate who...ah...got better----and have them win without killing off Keatonman and newbie SG. Also maybe the Arrowverse heavy hitters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I was bullied anyway and Dodgeball proved a great opportunity for my bullies to humiliate me.
    You just needed to practice right. As the man said, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

As for me, for some reason, though I usually excelled at strength only sports, I was just better at Dodgeball than the guys who wanted to bully me. Which was also why I could hit a baseball a country mile, but I couldn't throw worth a damn until I tried it years later as an adult. Then and now I could throw far and fast, but not to what I was aiming for. I would have sucked as a BB player.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    ... Which was also why I could hit a baseball a country mile, but I couldn't throw worth a damn until I tried it years later as an adult. Then and now I could throw far and fast, but not to what I was aiming for. I would have sucked as a BB player.
    Sounds like a designated hitter to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Sounds like a designated hitter to me.
    Oooh, now that you mention it....that Shohei guy is overrated, I wonder if the Dodgers would consider me at DH? Okay, maybe I should set my sights lower...a lot lower. The Angels for example...

Extraordinary Member

I hope Boeing didn't use the same guys who designed and assembled their planes to build that rocket that is scheduled to launch today with actual astronauts on board.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

After I spent time at the coffee shop, I saw a brand new convivence store across the way (they also were selling vape and hookah) They didn't have any diet drinks other than some 7-Up thing. I got two of those and a can of regular pringles. I know that convivence stores are more expensive than a supermarket, but it all came to 15 dollars! If I noticed that price tag at 4.50 a can, I would not have gotten it. This drink was even small, the size of a sports drink and wasn't even a single serve bottle. Hell, I probably get a 2 liter for that amount at a supermarket. I couldn't believe it. I only bought it because he was looking at me and I was staring at fridge and felt weird getting nothing. Thats just a thing of mine. Sometimes I don't succumb to it but today I did. I feel like I've been robbed. I don't have a lot of throw away money.

Boisterously Confused

Oooh, now that you mention it....that Shohei guy is overrated, I wonder if the Dodgers would consider me at DH? Okay, maybe I should set my sights lower...a lot lower. The Angels for example...
    I know you were joking , but that Shohei Guy is basically Robert Redford's Roy Hobs from The Natural.

Just to say about my post above... that that was more of a "How your day went." Than a random thought. So excuse me.

Now this is more of a random thought. I finally saw 'Fury Road' not too long ago. I was never a big 'Mad Max' fan though I kinda liked the Tina Turner one or maybe it was the song. But I heard good things about it. But anyway, why were there people chained in front of those trucks? What was their purpose? If the vehicle in the front stopped suddenly, they would be flattened like a pancake. Mad Max always had bondage to which I still don't understand. It has never been explained for what I can remember, was it because it was post-apocalyptic? Was it taking bondage further?

I still love Beastar but some aspects of season 1 should've happened in season 1.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I hope Boeing didn't use the same guys who designed and assembled their planes to build that rocket that is scheduled to launch today with actual astronauts on board.
    I was thinking the same thing!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!