Page 190 of 213 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3195

What's with all these joint injuries lately?

I'm used to seeing tendons as that's a sign of being on gear but ... Joints?

And it's not just WWE or AEW. It's everywhere. So it's not the trainer like it was in NXT for the women all blowing their knees on heaving heavy weights.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    What's with all these joint injuries lately?

I'm used to seeing tendons as that's a sign of being on gear but ... Joints?

And it's not just WWE or AEW. It's everywhere. So it's not the trainer like it was in NXT for the women all blowing their knees on heaving heavy weights.
    Never done pro-wrestling myself, but I have done other contact sports. The wear and tear can very much be real, especially depending on movesets. But genetics can also be a major contribution as well (and I know that one personally).

Extraordinary Member

Sounds like Punk was throwing shade at AEW. With that "choke artist" comment. Guess beating Finn is a consolation prize for Jey losing to Priest. Breaker reminds me more of a young Stiener than a young Sheamus.

Spectacular Member

Gunther is so damn good. Its only a matter of time before he turns face. Only problem is both Gunther and Drew deserve the belt so which one do you give it to

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Never done pro-wrestling myself, but I have done other contact sports. The wear and tear can very much be real, especially depending on movesets. But genetics can also be a major contribution as well (and I know that one personally).
    I understand those it just seems odd.

Also, last year in 2023, the MLB had more Tommy Johns surgeries than the entire decade of 1990.

It just makes me wonder if there is new gear people are using or is it conditioning? Bad technique? Bad luck?
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have no idea if it was a joke or not by Punk online , but he seemingly was locked in WWE building after Backlash. And he joked about how he spent the whole night there , got out that morning and drove onto RAW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I understand those it just seems odd.

Also, last year in 2023, the MLB had more Tommy Johns surgeries than the entire decade of 1990.

It just makes me wonder if there is new gear people are using or is it conditioning? Bad technique? Bad luck?
    Ligaments do not grow like muscle, they just stretch and with the age of bigger and stronger, ligaments don't stand a chance...

Spectacular Member

Dont think todays wrestlers are bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Dont think todays wrestlers are bigger
    But they do more with them. The guys today are more athletic and do more in the ring compared to the big men of old, where they just Frankensteined around the ring and did a pin. You can't keep putting torque on those ligaments and expect all to be ok...

Did you guys see the clip online with Ric Flair drunk as hell and being kicked out of a restaurant?

Woooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Did you guys see the clip online with Ric Flair drunk as hell and being kicked out of a restaurant?

Woooo!!
    Seen one, you've seen them all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Gunther is so damn good. Its only a matter of time before he turns face. Only problem is both Gunther and Drew deserve the belt so which one do you give it to
    Drew gets it first at Clash. Gunther will likely get it later on. I expect he'll be a heel when he does

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    But they do more with them. The guys today are more athletic and do more in the ring compared to the big men of old, where they just Frankensteined around the ring and did a pin. You can't keep putting torque on those ligaments and expect all to be ok...
    Yeah, Rey Mysterio is a prime example. Guy has had numerous knee surgeries from all the high-flying stunts he's done over the years.

Spectacular Member

Maybe its me but I think Gunther is a natural face. All he does is kick ass and talks about respecting the ring. How it is sacred.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

Woooo!!
    At some point you have to wonder if Flair is human. The dude literally suffered a heart attack in a wrestling ring , post match bragged about going to party. Learns he did have that happen and decides....f-ck it...I'm gonna go party like usual.

There will never be another Nature Boy.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.