Page 504 of 510 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 7648

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't help but think it comes off more like a suit you would see on a TV show than a movie.
    Tv suits today are typically on par with film ones

Fantastic Member

Gunn is very active on the social media and he would have no doubt noticed the underwhelming reception this suit reveal got. This suit reveal went badly but he still has time to change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tv suits today are typically on par with film ones
    I feel like Superman & Lois had a better suit reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Gunn is very active on the social media and he would have no doubt noticed the underwhelming reception this suit reveal got. This suit reveal went badly but he still has time to change things.
    Is it widespread underwhelming?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Knowing Laser he's probably cherry-picking responses to reinforce his narrative that everything is terrible.

Attachment 139354

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also why is it so dirty looking?
    Because it’s scorched/battle damaged.

Plenty of people were hating on Hoechlin’s suit when it was first revealed. Same people hating on Corenswet now. I personally am meh on the suit so it’s not like I don’t buy that there are people out there who legit dislike it, but when I showed it to my non-online normie family members they all think it looks like Superman.

No. The suit reveal has accumulated the most “likes” on every social media account DC has posted it on since The Batman. There’s plenty of people saying they like it, it’s just Laser doesn’t care about that. He made up his mind that this was going to flop and has been looking for anything to reinforce his dislike of it ever since.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

So far, so good. I am sure the CGI folks will touch up on the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes, but WHY? he looks like he's getting dressed... in a dirty suit?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    So far, so good. I am sure the CGI folks will touch up on the suit.
    James gunn said there will not be any cgi on the suit.
    The suit will look like that in the movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Knowing Laser he's probably cherry-picking responses to reinforce his narrative that everything is terrible.

Attachment 139354
    Bro, just go over to reddit and twitter to see people expressing their displeasure with this suit. Even on this forum, most people are not liking it.

105k likes for a promotional picture of a big budget superhero movie is nothing.

The most generous remarks I have seen are those saying it might look better in a trailer. No one is really satisfied with the suit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Plenty of people were hating on Hoechlin’s suit when it was first revealed. Same people hating on Corenswet now. I personally am meh on the suit so it’s not like I don’t buy that there are people out there who legit dislike it, but when I showed it to my non-online normie family members they all think it looks like Superman.

No. The suit reveal has accumulated the most “likes” on every social media account DC has posted it on since The Batman. There’s plenty of people saying they like it, it’s just Laser doesn’t care about that. He made up his mind that this was going to flop and has been looking for anything to reinforce his dislike of it ever since.
    I don't think getting the most likes since The Batman is a flex for this movie considering DC has only released flops in that time period.

I dont doubt that there is more buzz for this movie than The Flash or Aquaman 2 but that's not good enough for a movie meant to kickstart a universe.

In any event, the actual opinions of fans have been mixed at best, irresepevtive of the number of likes. Even Gunn would consider this suit reveala misstep.

Mighty Member

I've seen more likes than dislikes. Shrugs Every suit Superman has has had mixed comments. Even Henry's MOS suit. It's normal. Wait until the actual movie.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, but WHY? he looks like he's getting dressed... in a dirty suit?
    To convey a sense of fatigue? Like he just got done with something, needs to fix up his suit, but there's already something else to deal with. Someone pointed out the Mr. Incredible energy from Corenswet’s tired expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!

Still have the early years dressed down suit in mind from the early reports about a "Younger Superman" that got misconstrued as the story being a "Young Superman", I kind of wish this pose had been done with the Rags Morales tshirt/jeans suit so he going be lacing the boots up...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at David as Superman:

"Get ready. #Superman 7.11.25"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ogjVERTl8/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

If I hadn't paid attention to any movie related news last few years I'd probably think that this is a continuation of Snyderverse.

Suit looks fine and I’m really looking forward to this movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"