Page 352 of 394 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5903

We know season 2 (and 3?) are given and Beau wrote most two before leaving. But with two episodes left, I am really starting to think season one is ending on a massive cliffhanger. The season finale might deal with Bastion, but the team is going to be in shambles for a long time. In specific:
    1. I don't think Gambit is coming back as death or himself before season 2.
    2. Beau has hinted Fatal Attractions is going to be interwoven into the next two parts, hinting at the possibility of Wolverine losing his adamantium and an X-Man joining Magneto's cause. (Both taken with grains of salt, considering how much Lifedeath, E for Extinction and Inferno all differed from their sources)
    Bishop is still not back.
    Several new members (Nightcrawler, Forge, Sunspot, Cable) are all positioned to join permanently.
    Rogue is comatose and has Gyrich's thoughts in her head. Lord knows how she is going to be after that.
    And who knows what other shoes can drop. They have not been shy about killing legacy characters from TAS or changing the team dynamics. We made see a team closer to 87 than 97 next season.

Does anyone think they can wrap up all the loose threads in an hour or are we looking at a radically new team next season?

I’m not sure what to expect… and that’s part of what I’m loving about this show honestly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm thinking they might deal with Bastion next episode and leave the finale for Magneto. I think there might be elements of the Fatal Attraction and Planet X stories woven together meaning Logan might lose his adamantium and perhaps Jean "dies" also though is resurrected through the Phoenix force. With both Logan and Jean gone, this is where maybe Emma shows up(and maybe others). Rogue might join Magneto for a bit(replacing Colossus' role in the story) and next season she'd have to earn the X-Men's trust back, kinda how it was back in the 80s when she first joined the team. If anybody hates any of this then you have nothing to worry about because nothing I've guessed about this show has yet to come to pass

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notajediyet View Post
    We know season 2 (and 3?) are given and Beau wrote most two before leaving. But with two episodes left, I am really starting to think season one is ending on a massive cliffhanger. The season finale might deal with Bastion, but the team is going to be in shambles for a long time. In specific:
    2. Beau has hinted Fatal Attractions is going to be interwoven into the next two parts, hinting at the possibility of Wolverine losing his adamantium and an X-Man joining Magneto's cause. (Both taken with grains of salt, considering how much Lifedeath, E for Extinction and Inferno all differed from their sources)
    Several new members (Nightcrawler, Forge, Sunspot, Cable) are all positioned to join permanently.
    Rogue is comatose and has Gyrich's thoughts in her head. Lord knows how she is going to be after that.
    And who knows what other shoes can drop. They have not been shy about killing legacy characters from TAS or changing the team dynamics. We made see a team closer to 87 than 97 next season.

Does anyone think they can wrap up all the loose threads in an hour or are we looking at a radically new team next season?
    There are so many possibilities for an explosive finale. Some parts of Fatal Attractions seem a given - is Magneto stripping the Adamantium from Logan's bones, leading Charles to mindwipe him, thus setting up Onslaught as the big bad for season 2?

Then again, DeMayo also recently shared the cover of X-Men #41, saying it's one of his favourite covers and his next tattoo:

Is this a hint we might be getting the Age of Apocalypse in season 2? Could Cable's attempts to rewrite history backfire and end up killing Charles before he can found the X-Men? With Scott & Jean perhaps shunned in the future to raise Bable, in a mashup of AoA and Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm thinking they might deal with Bastion next episode and leave the finale for Magneto. I think there might be elements of the Fatal Attraction and Planet X stories woven together meaning Logan might lose his adamantium and perhaps Jean "dies" also though is resurrected through the Phoenix force. With both Logan and Jean gone, this is where maybe Emma shows up(and maybe others). Rogue might join Magneto for a bit(replacing Colossus' role in the story) and next season she'd have to earn the X-Men's trust back, kinda how it was back in the 80s when she first joined the team. If anybody hates any of this then you have nothing to worry about because nothing I've guessed about this show has yet to come to pass
    I just worry that one of the selling points of X-Men 97 was the TAS team and their popularity. If they are going to get rid of half the team and replace them, what was the point of starting with the TAS team? Just start with a new team like Evolution of WatXM did.

Eh, I'm griping, but I'm not looking forward to a potential that season two opens with Gambit dead and Rogue either comatosed or villainous...

Astonishing Member

I just worry that one of the selling points of X-Men 97 was the TAS team and their popularity. If they are going to get rid of half the team and replace them, what was the point of starting with the TAS team? Just start with a new team like Evolution of WatXM did.

Eh, I'm griping, but I'm not looking forward to a potential that season two opens with Gambit dead and Rogue either comatosed or villainous...
    I mean you pretty much just said why lol They used the most popular animated X-Men team to bring in old fans and curious new ones. After episode 1 it became clear this was going to be a different show from the original. A bit of a nostalgia bait and switch. And honestly? IT WORKS. A move like that could very easily had the show crash and burn but it had the opposite effect. I think the fact that it is in fact a more modernized continuation of the original show is partly of why the show is so successful now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean you pretty much just said why lol They used the most popular animated X-Men team to bring in old fans and curious new ones. After episode 1 it became clear this was going to be a different show from the original. A bit of a nostalgia bait and switch. And honestly? IT WORKS. A move like that could very easily had the show crash and burn but it had the opposite effect. I think the fact that it is in fact a more modernized continuation of the original show is partly of why the show is so successful now.
    No question. When I first heard about this revival, I was like, oh, that could be fun, but kind of expected to lose interest after a couple of episodes. I had no idea what the new show would do, and while the animated show was my first exposure to the X-Men, I had a hard time watching it again. It was often very awkward dialogue-wise, and the cheapness of the animation was evident pretty quickly.

The clean (and far less choppy) new animation was an immediate improvement from the original, and I soon went from this is kinda cool to really loving it. Nostalgia let me in the door, but the stakes of the show are what have made it a favorite show of mine. The show now feels refreshing in relation to the comics version. It took a story I thought was pretty garbage out from the comics (E Is for Extinction) and had me invested. I haven't thought every choice was great, but it's very good, and even makes me like Scott Summers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    Cyclops was a character I did not like at all in the comics well before Morrison's poison pen.
    When I went back through Claremont's seminal run, I realized there were red flags about the character even back then. He wasn't truly ruined for me until Morrison but there were certainly issues with him long before.

BANNED

Gambit has been more or less confirmed to return by S2. We know his new voice actor was filming for S2 with Lenore Zann. And Lenore Zann has apparently also said he's coming back or hinted at it based on what I read in the Mr. and Mrs. X thread. And Chris Potter has also said it. I think Rogue was only in a coma for the last episode and should wake up soon.

Nightcrawler seems like the only real new team member and I'm guessing Sunspot will become an official team member as well. Forge will probably just be a supporting character. I don't expect to see him in the opening theme. And I doubt Cable will be sticking around unless they really are going for an AoA storyline.

I agree with you that if they really do go the route of killing off or writing off half the team, that will not end well. The show has attracted eyes for being a nostalgia fest but if they stray too far from the original concept, they will lose viewers. It should also be noted that while it's doing well ratings-wise, it's only doing well for an animated show. It's ratings are close to what Marvel What If? was doing but even that show was nowhere near the amount of views for the live-action Disney+ shows. Lots of people tune in for season 1 of a show but don't necessarily come back after a gap, and I can see this show losing its audience if the 90s team is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m not sure what to expect… and that’s part of what I’m loving about this show honestly.
    Exactly, it's literally a thrill ride each week. They cherrypick and then put their own spin on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Exactly, it's literally a thrill ride each week. They cherrypick and then put their own spin on it.
    Isn't that what all comic book adapatations do?

Entirely faithfull adaptations are basicly impossible given the state of the source material and standards of the animation industry in the US.

Which also means that they have the rare chance to improve and streamline stories to the better, including weak or bad ones, but there is also always a chance to make it worse. It's a gamble of course, but if it pays of, it's for the better.

Magneto is absolutely shredded .

Extraordinary Member

Did Charles crash his ship because Magneto unleashed his EMP as Charles got to Earth’s orbit?

Imagine all the other plane crashes around the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Exactly! Part of the fun is not knowing exactly what each episode will contain (until viewed).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!