Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2213

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I've never heard of her but she certainly looks the part.

I had no idea about the existence of those novels you listed. I'll have to check out the two you mentioned!
    In case you are unaware, Marvel also put out a bunch of original prose novels in the 90's, including several for the X-Men. I love them so much! I have all of the X-related ones and almost all of the other Marvel books give-or-take a couple of anthologies. Titan Books is re-releasing some of the trilogies as omnibus editions.

I found an image of an assortment on the web.

Become an Iceman Dragonian...

If I find it (no stroke of luck yet), will do! There was another one of her, Human Torch, and Ghost Rider that was fire-themed. It was using the clipart from the Marvel Heroes merchandise that dominated the 2000s.

So Jean looked like this on both designs.
    That’s Greg Land art. I honestly love that art piece of Jean, despite Greg also using it for Phoenix Emma in Endsong issue 5.

Not gonna lie, though he is sloppier these days, for some reason, his Endsong works for me. I don’t know if he was more creative or if he just had trace pieces that just naturally fit in the story, but it just looks better to me than how he does nowadays.

We know how extremely utilized this art of Jean Grey is, so it sort of does tell me that there was something where the stars just aligned too perfectly compared to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    In case you are unaware, Marvel also put out a bunch of original prose novels in the 90's, including several for the X-Men. I love them so much! I have all of the X-related ones and almost all of the other Marvel books give-or-take a couple of anthologies. Titan Books is re-releasing some of the trilogies as omnibus editions.

I remember the Star Trek: TOS - X-Men crossover comics. The best funny bit has to be Nurse Chapel entering the medical bay and exclaiming "Doctor McCoy!" only to get TWO people quickly turning towards her.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Did anybody read Women of Marvel #1? Did Jean get any nice character interactions with any of the other women here like Sue?
    Sorry, I did not read this, and have no idea of the storyline.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Also even Tessa, who barely knew Jean except from the Hellfire Club's schemes, takes one look at Rachel here and recognizes her connection to Jean.
    I think I read a retcon where it was stated that Tessa was actually working for Xavier during the DPS, and that Tessa regrets not helping Jean escape their mental clutches during that period. She did not do anything for fear of compromising her position within the Inner Circle that she had infiltrated.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Seeing what Magneto did during X-Men 97 8th Episode I wondered if Jeam "could" have done the same thing lol
    But then I realize DeMayo was a pro Mags fan and Jean could just faint again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Seeing what Magneto did during X-Men 97 8th Episode I wondered if Jeam "could" have done the same thing lol
    But then I realize DeMayo was a pro Mags fan and Jean could just faint again lol
    If I remember it right, DeMayo actually is also a huge Jean Grey superfan and has a Phoenix tattoo on his arm. I guess, everything is possible in this show and we will definitely get more Jean content in the second season. Hopefully, some omega level action.
    Last edited by Exodus; 05-07-2024 at 07:39 AM.

Whatever Mags can do, Jean can do it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    If I remember it right, DeMayo actually is also a huge Jean Grey superfan and has a Phoenix tattoo on his arm. I guess, everything is possible in this show and we will definitely get more Jean content in the second season. Hopefully, some omega level action.
    Sure. She will have her moments but I am not keeping my expectations high, especially after carefully seeing that fight scene with Summers family.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was being sarcastic and Jean didn't even have to move to do what Erik did but Jean was busy scolding his 60 year son of not wearing his seat belts
    Last edited by Keno; 05-07-2024 at 08:12 AM.

Right, i know he is supposedly a Jean super stan but so far she has been a flat character in 97, I ended up liking Maddie more tbh. Hopefully s2 gives her a proper focus episode

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Right, i know he is supposedly a Jean super stan but so far she has been a flat character in 97, I ended up liking Maddie more tbh. Hopefully s2 gives her a proper focus episode
    At least she is better than her 92 version
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

I used to read some of them like the Legacy Quest series. I've never read the Chaos Engine trilogy but that always seemed to have the most interesting premise with Doom, Magneto, and Red Skull using the cosmic cube to remake the world in their respective images. Glad to hear some of these books are getting re-released as omnibus editions. I'll have to pick them up.

Sorry, I did not read this, and have no idea of the storyline.
    That's all right. It looks like mostly Golden Age characters and then Sue, Jean, Hela, and Aunt May from the Silver Age. I wonder if Hela and Jean have any particular interaction here.

I think I read a retcon where it was stated that Tessa was actually working for Xavier during the DPS, and that Tessa regrets not helping Jean escape their mental clutches during that period. She did not do anything for fear of compromising her position within the Inner Circle that she had infiltrated.
    Yes, that's true. Claremont revealed this retcon during his return to the X-Books in the 2000s but it was actually something he intended to reveal in UXM 300, had he stayed on the book and not left when he did.

I think Tessa retroactively became Xavier's first student and was almost the first X-Man but Xavier decided to employ her as a spy instead. She's also the one who warned Betsy away from joining the Hellfire Club.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Yes, from what I've heard, Jean is Beau's favorite character. Seeing her again as Marvel Girl makes me think the Phoenix transformation will be saved for next season. The logical transition has always been Marvel Girl to Phoenix. We definitely need her to be confirmed as an omega-level mutant though and Beau did promise that her moment was coming. I wonder if he means her keeping Logan alive after Fatal Attraction.

Agreed lol. This is something I feel the movies did a better job of establishing than even the comics ever have. Magneto flat out admits that while he can control metal, Jean can control everything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I find Beau’s Jean oddly flat too. She had none of her fiery temper, determination, passion, anything. “i dont know who I am” is not exactly a compelling personality trait.