Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1817

Totally understandable. Combined with her CB power set she should realistically be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe her morality or something will be her kryptonite

I want Betsy to use various weapons , maybe even psionic armor aswell. Imagine Betsy with a Scythe that would be so cool .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    But you're also negative on the entirety of the Krakoan era so that's nothing new.

Her butterfly came back in a big way and has remained prominent ever since like 2021. I've been through this with whitecrown who had no idea it had returned because they didn't read the books.
    Excalibur is the only book from the Krakoan era I actually read and that was because of Betsy and my interest in her new status quo. I dropped it about halfway through when I felt it wasn't doing her justice. You're right I didn't know about the butterfly coming back until you informed me here but that was much later on. And after I dropped the book, most of my status updates on Betsy were from Like a Butterfly so I was going by whatever I read there.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah but i dont think Betsy should be perfect at everything.

I just agree with RJs perspective because she already has training plus the Ogun stuff in Exiles runs.

That it could possibly work for her.
    Right? It's also ONE of the reasons I dislike her as CB. The main power Betsy has to have for me is telepath. Then what always made her stood apart in the last 30 years was the fact that not only she's a great telepath but she's also a great hand to hand fighter.

I don't like uber powered heroes that can do anything... the stakes are lower. So if she has her mutant powers plus flight, super strenght and all the CB powers it makes her less relatable.

Let her be Lady Braddock with amazing clever ways to use her TB (butterfly always), plus fighting skills and her amazing TK European weapons. In a sleek sexy (preferably purple, pink and or black) costume with long flowing hair. Clever, heroic, cunning, loyal, flirty, adventurous, impulsive, ambiguous and posh. That's my perfect Betsy. The Betsy before all the TH's mischaracterization.

That being said, this version in X-Force seems to be a good middle ground (maybe a transition back) between her as CB and her as an X-Men team member. Very excited to read her. I love the look already.

Wonder if we would see her and Kwannon interact again. I love them together. So much history together.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I feel like last years editorial and this new era will still keep them apart.

I think the only reason we got that Excalibur arc is because it was needed as a story telling beat for both characters.

But I do wish they would interact more. I dont care what anyone else says they will always be souls sisters to me. When they are together they are so bad ass, in sync and simpatico that they are an extremely deadly duo.

I'm sorry but I love seeing Betsy flying (and the character herself has said several times that she loves flying, so much so that she became a pilot), I always found it very uncomfortable to see her being carried by everyone since she has telekinesis. Her becoming CB only made me see her as Diana (Wonder Woman), an Amazon (even more so with the Captain Britain Corps). What I would really like for the character is to see her using all types of weapons (having the sword and shield as her main weapons, but not limited to them), her strength, durability and any magical capabilities she possesses (since we also had her, several times, being mentioned as a vessel for magic).

I don't care much about telekinesis, especially if it's used like Jean or Rachel. For me, it's much better to have her as a telepath, a precog and creating psychic weapons. Let her CB abilities replace her telekinesis.
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-07-2024 at 12:25 PM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

I need Betsy and Kwannon to have a mini written by a female writer such as Majorie Liu. They really are soul sister sharing the butterfly and the Mantle. Psylocke and Captain Britain a 6 issue mini , it would be perfect.

And I agree about the Lady Braddock thing she should be called that. Maybe even be her spy Mantle , it's such a awesome sounding name.

I really hope she gets alot of focus in X-force , I can't have her be a side character at all.

People often act like Howard didn't explore Betsy's powers well their flat out wrong. She used her telepathy in numerous creative ways eg putting Furies under psychic illusion, psychically dulls the discomfort of the Blightspoke's ability to seep the life-force from her and psychic blasted numerous people. Not to mention she literally went blow for blow with Captain Avalon, Rogue, King Arthur and Furies. The only real thing that wasn't explored was her teke but even then her weapons are manifestation of her teke. I think sometimes we expect too much from writers there isn't a run that fully explores all of her abilities unfortunately it's just a thing with characters like Betsy who has numerous abilities.
    Last edited by Purplehairedni; 05-07-2024 at 12:34 PM.

TH was definitely not creative with her powers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplehairedni View Post
    People often act like Howard didn't explore Betsy's powers well their flat out wrong. She used her telepathy in numerous creative ways eg putting Furies under psychic illusion, psychically dulls the discomfort of the Blightspoke's ability to seep the life-force from her and psychic blasted numerous people. Not to mention she literally went blow for blow with Captain Avalon, Rogue, King Arthur and Furies. The only real thing that wasn't explored was her teke but even then her weapons are manifestation of her teke. I think sometimes we expect too much from writers there isn't a run that fully explores all of her abilities unfortunately it's just a thing with characters like Betsy who has numerous abilities.
    I'll never forget her psychically controlling vampires (something that Jean herself apparently isn't capable of), talking to Brian while she was in Otherworld and confirming to Reuben that she was able to hear his thoughts from Krakoa.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    TH was definitely not creative with her powers at all.
    Obviously it's not as creative as some people want it to be. But acting like there weren't some unique moments is kinda weird since Betsy created psychic flames, fired psychic daggers numerous times, her destroying the amulet of right and firing teke blasts. Mind you "Dissembled" which is a fan favourite time for Betsy fans weren't all that when it came to creativity. So i personally think people are way to hard on Howard especially if you consider that majority of Excalibur and Knights of X happen in otherworld which restricted her role to being a Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplehairedni View Post
    Pulling an illusionary fast one on that Fury in the West End was one of my favorite moments.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Psychic construct shenanigans are no indicator of creative use of powers, they, instead, further suggest that Tini wasn't interested in using powerful psychics in her stories (see, also, Rachel's Phoenix fire).

Betsy doesn't need any weapon other than her psychic knife. I'm more interested in her using her telepathy tactically, but in traditional ways, like predicting her opponent's move before they execute it or dismantling other telepathic juggernauts.

I agree that the ability of a TP to acquire fighting styles should be mitigated by the skills and training of their body. As fighting requires a lot of training of muscles and tendons and else, I can't see (say) Jean Grey become a (say) Elektra just because she reads Elektra's mind.
    So yes, Betsy (even in her Caucasian body) should be able to master fighting techniques because of her previous training, but Rachel shouldn't. IMHO. Not to say Rachel can't defend herself, she can still do some [insert specific martial art], but on a novice level, because while her mind can "steal" the technique from Elektra, her body isn't shaped and trained to do those specific movements and with the quickness and perfection of Elektra.

Anyway. Still looking forward to what will this mean on paper, Redjack.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Psychic construct shenanigans are no indicator of creative use of powers, they, instead, further suggest that Tini wasn't interested in using powerful psychics in her stories (see, also, Rachel's Phoenix fire).

Betsy doesn't need any weapon other than her psychic knife. I'm more interested in her using her telepathy tactically, but in traditional ways, like predicting her opponent's move before they execute it or dismantling other telepathic juggernauts.
    Yet we're forgetting that Howard made the effort to acknowledge that Merlin specifically made charms to block out her telepathy. Also you're completely ignoring the psychic battle between Betsy and Malice, Rachel and Morgan Le fay. Also like i said above she literally put the Furies under psychic illusions which is considerably hard to do. Not to mention Betsy literally linked Morgan minds to excalibur and cleansed Gambit's mind from the effects of the death seed. So psychic power was very much present in these books