Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Thanks for the art preview, as said earlier now that he has his own book he will step his game up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I can't believe it. I can't believe it. My hopes for Angel in this team was like 0,1%.
    I can't believe it.

*stunned Hakka is stunned*

I think the premise is promising. But even if this is a bootleg team, as a Warren fan I cannot afford to be picky like some users here. I get to keep what little I'm given. Time will tell if my time and excitement was worth it or not. But I cannot afford to complain, sadly.

Can't speak for Alex, but Warren definitely not.
    I see Warren wanting to be involved to keep things in check, and balance things out between law and the benefit of the mutants.

I think he's a trillionaire at this point. (or, at least, he was according to Betsy's memory of the Hellfire Club meeting in Uncanny X-Force)
    He can buy some senator while having his morning coffee or preening his wings. XD
    Happy for you!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Thanks for the art preview, as said earlier now that he has his own book he will step his game up.
    Legion of X was also his book from the start.
    It wasn't bad by any means, but very by the numbers.

Why are some of you acting like Pyro and Frenzy havent had development and changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why are some of you acting like Pyro and Frenzy havent had development and changed.
    They have, but if you're putting together a team for PR purposes, they're not really the ones to call.
    Their stints as heroes have been way more low profile than their careers as criminals. I guess Pyro sort of makes sense because of his time with Freedom Force, but I doubt the general public thinks back on a team led by Mystique with any favorability.
    Feral was a suspect in killing half her family.
    This team is a PR nightmare. That might be the point to generate drama, but I can't see the logic behind Warren picking any of them to join.
    Even Havok is controversial. Sure, he used to be an Avenger, but he was last seen alongside the queen of Limbo (and his Avengers time was terrible lol).
    Characters like Iceman, Monet, Dazzler, Firestar, Wind Dancer, Northstar, Pixie etc would all seem more natural in a public-facing team.

Not sure about this one; pyro is the only one who interests me, except for the face tattoo, but why doesn't avalanche get more love? And I find the terms " government sponsored" and " protecting mutants " to be contradictory.
    Last edited by protege; 05-07-2024 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    The Mystique book had a different creative team in the leaked list.

I'm thinking she'll get a solo book down the line.
    Ah yes that's right. Good for Angel fans.

IMG_4968.jpg

There it is, the only X book so far I am interested in. Ok, I could do without OG Pyro but with Lasker Pyro, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Characters like Iceman, Monet, Dazzler, Firestar, Wind Dancer, Northstar, Pixie etc would all seem more natural in a public-facing team.
    I think there's a chance for an additional places or two, especially if one of these betrays.
    So perhaps one of these could pop up?

I've expressed more than once that I would love to see Warren with Monet again, so I would definitely welcome her in the team. As of now, Warren is on his own (Havok is a bit tainted, the other are people Warren never worked with): to have Bobby to lean on would be perfect for him too. And same with Dazzler.
    (not against the other names you did, but I know little of them)
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I was worried about Warren being involved in a premise like this. While that's still true and I am a bit apprehensive, beggars can't be choosers. My boy is FINALLY in an ongoing! And with Havok, Frenzy and Pyro, too. I'm meh on Feral, but whatever. I'm very interested to see how this team came about and what the truth behind them is. Because I agree with everyone saying this is most likely following the original X-Factor premise where they're secretly doing their own thing.

My only negative: I really, really hate Pyro's face tattoo. It seems even after he's left the books, Duggan is still going to lower my enjoyment of them.

This is the book I am most looking forward to now!

It’s going to be interesting seeing Cargill, Pyro, and Feral on a team like this. Can’t wait !!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Unsure about the team but glad that Alex and Warren aren't in limbo, Alex could just use some special makeup to look normal. I know it won't happen but think that Betsy would have fit well on the team without the CB or Rachel stuff, her history with the members of the team for starters but her sarcastic views on things would have been fun. Not sure about any romances, just keep Alex FAR away from Maddy. Maybe Dazzler for her celebrity status for the team as there is probably more to the premise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Not sure about this one; pyro is the only one who interests me, except for the face tattoo, but why doesn't avalanche get more love? And I find the terms " government sponsored" and " protecting mutants " to be contradictory.
    Avalanche got his love during the Utopia era when he owned his bar, and the cartoon X-Men Evolution paired him up with Kitty Pryde.

Russell also wrote One-Star Squadron for DC which had heroes selling out and joining a corporation to offer their services for a price and the toll it can take on the heroes. I'm definitely interested to see him expand on that concept so count me in.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You all clearly forgot that Pyro is also a best-selling author.

I don't care at all for Quinn's art but this line-up looks and sounds like all-kinds of weird out-of-the-box ridiculous fun. I like everyone here except for feral only because I don't really know her at all but...I'm happy for those who are happy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-07-2024 at 03:18 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!