Page 107 of 160 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    ...and her reunion with Jubilee.
    That was cute. Jubes was like, thank heaven, Storm's back. It must have been a full circle for her, as it was Storm who first came to save her from the Sentinels back in the mall. I love how she just buried her face in Ororo's chest.

But yeah, Ororo has been gone for so much of this season, this episode didn't quite give me what I wanted. I guess they had to save something for the finale; I hope Storm bursts out of the waters like a phoenix!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

The emotional beats were good but I have to admit I was expecting a little more since she's been gone for so long.

I loved Storm in the latest episode. Her and Jubilee's emotional reunion which I believe Storm was the first X-Men Jubilee ran into (literally) was a warm callback. Storm and Jean's reunion and general love for each other is far more apparent here than in the og series and when they were talking on the jet and Storm was encouraging Jean and putting everything into perspective with optimism it's easy to see why she would be an ideal leader who inspires hope. Her reaction to using the permanent power neutralizer is what makes her who she is... and it was funny. I enjoyed Storm's brief power display and understand from a writers perspective why she had to go down... Jean went down, Wolverine went down, Xavier went down, Forge went down, Morphe went down, Beast went down etc. The story comes first and it's understandable that Storm would be concerned about her love and let her guard down to save him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I loved Ororo's appearance in the last episode too. The fact she has held it together after so much loss is a testament to the strength of her character. I've loved the use of the tornadoes too. Touching upon her empathy with the earth as it was deliciously good. I've felt a lot of the threats they've endured this season ororo is equipped to address, ie the method needed to immobilize the sentinel and even undoing the damage done by magneto. I dont expect her to fix everything but it would be such a treat to see her commune with earthto repair the damage done. But all in all, I've really enjoyed her depiction and appreciate the parts of the source material they've incorporated into the cartoon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Niffleheim
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ororo’s return was glorious.

I just expected a speech when she fought those Sentinels though.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

oh i have a whole book on her speeches alone, a Poetic exercise

a while back i heard that Storm used the Speeches in the old show to focus her power till she became more finely tuned with them so anything she said would manifest, just as Cyclops's Visors aid him, the speeches helped Storm control her vast power, Now that she no longer fears her power it does make me wonder if they'll drop the speeches, or maybe only have her use them for big moments like the Sentinal scene back in epp1
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

Girl, me too! Her return was GLORIOUS!! A speech would have been the cherry on top. BEEEE GOOOONe Bitches!!!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    oh i have a whole book on her speeches alone, a Poetic exercise

a while back i heard that Storm used the Speeches in the old show to focus her power till she became more finely tuned with them so anything she said would manifest, just as Cyclops's Visors aid him, the speeches helped Storm control her vast power, Now that she no longer fears her power it does make me wonder if they'll drop the speeches, or maybe only have her use them for big moments like the Sentinal scene back in epp1
    Even if she doesn't need the speeches, she should keep them for poetic effect. And for the sake of her audience who hinge on her speeches lol.

Get into Storm's theme though! I get goosebumps every time and watching her float infront of that big A tornado for 4 seconds did it for me. Her and Magneto with the astroid surrounded by the Aurora Borealis are gravitas personified...

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I am sorry but am I the only one that came away with the understanding that they still haven't quite figured out what to do with Storm yet? I mean I know that there hasn't been any official announcement yet, but the other books seemed to have a bit more meat to their explanations. What I got from the description of Storm's book is that it will be a solo lol.
    So, I am hearing really optimistic and good stuff about Storm getting finally her own solo and going on a cosmic/cosmologic adventure. I strongly believe that this will be her Godhood path, because we do have a solo coming this summer, June? July? For which everyone said that it was just a common usage of Goddess, but no, I do think that it would mark the beginning of her Godhood adventure, having the name Dawn of a Goddess, is a very specific usage of words and has a whole other meaning behind it, than just "a Goddess" like most thing. And the cosmology part of the above most likely being her Godhood trials.

Something else was mentioned in the episode as well, which to be honest really made it click. Brevoort here mentions a very key and very important line. "Like if you look over all the X-Men spin off books over the years, I'd guess that 75 to 80% of them are team concepts of one sort or another. And there are very few solo character books. And I think that's maybe a mistake."

I can't emphasize how much I agree with him, strongly. And that is actually what clicked for me, because he continues later on with the following:

"And so that's going to change a little bit, assuming that I'm right and we can make some of these books actually perform and get people excited about them. So you're going to end up seeing more solo titles featuring popular care, popular X characters, and more solo titles that can embrace aspects and styles and tones about those characters more easily than you can with them just in one one common X-Men book."

Which, once more I agree 100% percent, what truly hits home though, and on the right string it is the following:

"And so you know we're gonna, we're gonna lean into Storm as as a solo character on the same kind of level as a an Iron Man or a Captain America or a Spider Man or a Daredevil or whatever and and see if we can make that go."

And I was like... YES EXACTLY THAT!!! Period.

And, no I am not talking only from Storm's perspective but we have those really well established characters within the Marvel universe aka Storm, Scott, Jean and they are always pushing them into team when each one of those characters need space to breath, so let them breath and construct stories around them as a solo character not as a team character. That will shift the planes on entirely different level. And that is very important and exactly what Marvel needs.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 05-08-2024 at 09:55 PM.

BANNED

Footage of Storm from Marvel Rivals. A bit disappointed her skin is just a color palette swap. Some other characters got actual new skins. Black Panther is her team-up character.
    https://twitter.com/_FireMonkey/stat...82900120854735

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Get into Storm's theme though! I get goosebumps every time and watching her float infront of that big A tornado for 4 seconds did it for me. Her and Magneto with the astroid surrounded by the Aurora Borealis are gravitas personified...
    Agreed! Loved the episode. They really make me feel how powerful Storm, Magneto, and Jean are, I mean all of them are powerful in their own way, but Magneto & Storm bring that drama and intensity when they are using their powers. Even when they don't really. Just seeing her sitting at the center of the Gold team as they arrived in the X-jet just screamed warrior witch queen on her throne.

Fantastic Member

Going to listen again
    Last edited by Sdawg; 05-08-2024 at 11:14 PM.