Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I might be misreading but the way she yelled about Trask like she was worried about him made it sound like she wasn't fully in control of herself when she dropped him compared to when she was talking with Kurt at the beginning.
    I would've thought so too, but then Rogue went into a tearful rant about how Trask was responsible for Gambit's death after Trask was tossed off the roof, which she wouldn't have done if she were controlled by Gyrich's pysche. Sounds like killing Trask came from Rogue.

Hmm. So was the Adamantium converted to liquid somehow before ripping it from Wolverine's skeleton? Otherwise, I don't know how they rationalized this power stunt. This was supposed to be molecularly bonded to his bones. Yes, I read the original comic. It wasn't fully explained back then, either.

Yes. Just like he can take solid metal and manipulate into liquid and all sorts of shapes, he liquifies it and rips it out of Logan’s skin.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I would've thought so too, but then Rogue went into a tearful rant about how Trask was responsible for Gambit's death after Trask was tossed off the roof, which she wouldn't have done if she were controlled by Gyrich's pysche. Sounds like killing Trask came from Rogue.
    I don't disagree, but it might have enhanced her feelings to an extent that she would be more willing to kill than she would've been normally.

But it could all just be the justified rage and grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn't she absorb some of Gyrich's psyche in her attempt to locate Trask? She certainly seemed really off mentally by the end of that episode. Add to that the loss of Remy and directly witnessing/ surviving a genocide... I actually think erratic behavior isn't all that surprising. Plus Rogue lacking mental stability and being subject to mood swings is a DIRECT pull from her arc in the Claremont run.
    She probably did but I don’t think Gyrich’s psyche played a role in her decision to switch sides (why would she have a desire to fight on the “mutant supremacy” side)? I found it very cold how she actively attacked the people she has called her family for years, including Nightcrawler. I mean was she really going to hurt him if he opposed her? They just had that touching moment in “Bright Eyes”, as did the rest of the team when they showed up to support her. Plus, how did she not have pressing questions for Magneto like “how are you alive” or “why didn’t you EMP pulse the Wild Sentinel and save Gambit”? It all felt very forced to me.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I noticed that the same 3 X-men who infiltrated Asteroid M in Pryde of the X-Men are the same 3 who did it in this episode:
    Cyclops/Wolverine/Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I noticed that the same 3 X-men who infiltrated Asteroid M in Pryde of the X-Men are the same 3 who did it in this episode:
    Cyclops/Wolverine/Nightcrawler.
    Yes, and wearing the same costumes too. Definitely not a coincidence.

Amazing Member

I'm wondering how they'll handle the bone claws thing here, assuming they do. The original X-Men cartoon made it much more explicit than the comics that Wolverine's claws were implants (because the cartoon literally premiered at least a year before Fatal Attractions' revelation that Wolvie was born with the claws).

In one X-Men 92 episode the X-Men lose their powers in the savage land, but he can still use his claws because "These ain't mutant" as Wolvie himself puts it approximately. Furthermore in the flashback scenes with Weapon X, Wolverine's claws pop out of him after he's infused with adamantium and he screams and acts like he's never had that happen to him before. Then in the WW2 episode Old Soldiers with Captain America, taking place before Wolvie gets the adamantium, he doesn't use claws and acts like he doesn't have them, even putting on a clawed glove or something in an audience shout-out to the claws that Weapon X will supposedly give him later.

So that's at least 3 instances where Wolvie's claws are explicitly said to be Weapon X implants in the old show, which presumably is going to go out the window next week. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time the show contradicted itself (no one recognized Archangel in Season 1 either, and suddenly in later seasons he was a founding member of the X-Men)

It was the same in the comics. Multiple instances where it was made clear that his claws weren’t part of his mutation. They basically just ignored it. Well, there’s one scene in Wolverine #75 where he acknowledges that if the claws were always part of him before Weapon X why can’t he remember them? So it kind of explains why he thought they were implants at least, if not why they still worked even when hit with mutant power dampening technology.

Mighty Member

Anyone else bothered by the fact this show showed more intimacy between Jean and Storm in 1 episode than Jean and Scott the whole show? Also doesn't help thst Beau says Storm returning is the return of "wisdom". A shot at both Professor X and Scott's lack of leadership.

The character dynamics are really poorly done in thos show, especially on the male side. I wouldnt be shocked to hear Beau has no male friends. There's no real male energy in this show which I'd probably why I don't vibe with it. This I'd the worst writing for make characters in the Xmen ever. Scott is the only one with a story that matters but his storyline is just him leaving leadership to Storm.

I didn't really read comics so all these storyline references seem to be for fans but with worse character work. But hey it's quippy and has quotes so must be good. But as someone who hates nostalgiabait you can imagine how little I care about the new uniforms or Wolverine losing his adamantium

I’d imagine for anyone who hates nostalgia that watching this show would be painful. Not sure why they’d bother. It’d be like hating gory movies and yet watching all of the Saw films for some reason. Masochism.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

It's not Invincible but it's not bad either, I've loved most of the things about this show.

I loved it, but...

Why on earth would they send Wolverine against Magneto? I felt that was awful strategy.

And... If Magneto was trying to recreate Asteroid M, why didn't we see him ushering any mutants from the planet onto it? It would've been a great chance for more cameos, but as it stands the base felt very empty.

Mighty Member

Bobby da Costa had his Mutie wake up call in the last episode. A far cry from being “one of the good ones” in episode one. Now he’s radicalized due to having to learn the hard way.

That said, he did have a point that the Prime Sentinels are that way because they wanted to be. Sure someone like Tish may have changed her mind much later, but I believe everyone who turned was initially for it.

I think Magneto and Prof. Xavier have their curtain call in the finale I’m sure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    That said, he did have a point that the Prime Sentinels are that way because they wanted to be. Sure someone like Tish may have changed her mind much later, but I believe everyone who turned was initially for it.
    Not everyone who underwent the procedure did so necessarily with racist motivations. Like Bastion said, some are just scared of being left behind and powerless in a metahuman future and wanted to join in.