Page 384 of 425 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 6365

If only there was a function on this forum that allows people to not have to see posts of those they have a personal problem with. Then maybe the rest of us would not have to scroll through a lot of nonsense to get to posts that actually discuss news and politics instead of each other.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    "Your bias is your bias" = You are biased against white people like 'that poster' = You are racist. It's not hard to put together, nor is not using the word racist an excuse for accusing someone of being racially biased without evidence

You could have left it alone an moved on as you suggested here, and you've chosen not to.
    And you've chosen to continuously comment on this even though the discussion wasn't directed at you, and continue to do so (note: you are obviously entitled and free to comment on whatever and all posts you see fit here, that goes without saying)

"Your bias is your bias" - I'm talking about the other poster, not you (the sentence includes "the poster..."). "Your" as a person, not "Your" as Dalak.
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-09-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    If only there was a function on this forum that allows people to not have to see posts of those they have a personal problem with. Then maybe the rest of us would not have to scroll through a lot of nonsense to get to posts that actually discuss news and politics instead of each other.
    Sometimes someone with good sense, like you, comes along and smacks common sense into posters/posts. You're right

"Eurovision: Thousands protest against Israel's entry in Malmo" - I think this is misguided and pointless. But it was to be expected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68986410

"Netanyahu vows his country will 'stand alone' if it has to after Biden's weapons supply threat" - at some point, standing alone won't work, if that's the case

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-ha...hreat-13132429

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    And you've chosen to continuously comment on this even though the discussion wasn't directed at you, and continue to do so (note: you are obviously entitled and free to comment on whatever and all posts you see fit here, that goes without saying)
    Listen.

I walked away.

You keep bringing me up.

Just admit you were wrong, and move on.

I’ll do the same. Stop fighting with everyone and calling other people racist because you can’t just admit you were wrong. About me being a racist, about me being heterosexual, and about my point. I very clearly, very plainly laid out to you yesterday what my point was. It wasn’t clever satire, and I never claimed it to be. It was obvious sarcasm.

Clearly, that wasn’t enough for you to admit you were wrong, and you instead felt the need to continue attacking me and bringing me up, SEVERAL times, after I walked away. And other posters, too!

Just move on! Stop acting like a spoiled child, stomping your feet because you aren’t getting the lolly you demanded.

You make good points about current events. Points I agree with, even. Focus more on that, rather than continuing the personal attacks that you seem to hope will cover up for YOUR mistakes.
    Last edited by zinderel; 05-09-2024 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Listen.

I walked away.

You keep bringing me up.

Just admit you were wrong, and move on.

I’ll do the same. Stop fighting with everyone and calling other people racist because you can’t just admit you were wrong. About me being a racist, about me being heterosexual, and about my point. I very clearly, very plainly laid out to you yesterday what my point was. Clearly, that wasn’t enough for you to admit you were wrong, and you felt the need to continue attacking me after I walked away. Just move on! Stop acting like a spoiled child, stomping your feet because you aren’t getting the lolly you demanded.

You make good points about current events. Points I agree with, even. Focus more on that, rather than continuing the personal attacks that you seem to hope will cover up for YOUR mistakes.
    I like it that you wrote "Listen kiddo" - at least you had the decency to quickly edit that.

EDIT - never mind, I don't care about the answer or any of it
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-09-2024 at 11:01 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I mean, of course he is. Biden has publicly distanced himself from Netanyahu’s efforts at genocide. How dare he!
    I have no problem with Netenyahu wanting to crush Hamas, god knows they deserve it, but not at the cost of thousands of innocent people being destroyed along with those bastards.

As for Ivanka, we all know that if he could get away with it, Trump would just make her his fourth wife. So VP isn’t any sort of stretch for a narcissistic persimmon-skinned dolt like him.
    I don't know how much truth there was to this, but I very faintly remember reading somewhere that if Trump hadn't gone into politics back in 2015, he might've divorced Melania in favor of whatever hootchie-mama he was shacked up with at the time. Clearly there was mostly likely never any genuine love in that marriage: all Trump wanted was a mail order Eurotrash model to roll in the hay with while Razor Cheeks used him to bring her parents over from abroad. Both of them are despicable. Yeah, Trump would just love to make it official with Ivanka.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I like it that you wrote "Listen kiddo" - at least you had the decency to quickly edit that.

I asked you a question - post #5745 - you are free to answer or not answer
    You’re acting like a child, but the ‘kiddo’ was condescending and unnecessary.

See? That’s how you admit when you do something wrong!

And you’re free to go back and look at the post where I clearly explain my statement for the sarcasm impaired. I’m not repeating myself to a child throwing a temper tantrum.

Again I agree, but right now winning elections is the path to have the means to be able to destroy/limit the ability of the GOP to suppress votes.

Think of it this way: if a few thousand more people in 2016 had decided to turn up and vote for Hillary Clinton, then the GOP wouldn't have had the possibility of loading up SCOTUS with Conservative judges, and Roe vs. Wade wouldn't have been repealed. Because I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Americans don't agree with the SCOTUS decision - a decision done driven by a minority that was enabled by winning an election.

The villains in this story are the folks who voted for Trump in 2016. But if a few thousand Democratic leaning voters and independents in swing states had decided to vote for Hillary, this would've been different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I totally agree with everything you're saying/defending, but the immediate requirement is to win the election in November, get out the vote, get your friends/family/neighbors to go out and vote.
    You’re not wrong about the Democrats needing to win elections to undo the deliberate damage done to the voting rights of minorities in certain states. The problem is they must continue to dominate for several election cycles to maintain those changes which is impossible and the whole time Republican leaders are learning, adapting, and undermining. This is even worse since the coalition formed by the Heritage Foundation and its potential to organize and respond in a unified manner is likely to be a constant ongoing threat to democracy.
    What needs to happen is for the moderate Republicans to organize and create a strong presence within the party. There are almost certainly voters and politicians within the party who are uncomfortable with the undemocratic turn the Republican leadership has taken but are unwilling to voice their opinions. If enough can make themselves heard, it may be enough to at least halt the MAGA cult from undermining democracy in the US. After that, we’ll have to see.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I've never thought I would reconsider my opinion that Trump is the most lunatic person to run for a US president.

RFK Jr says he’ll eat brain worms and ‘still beat’ Biden and Trump in debate

One candidate wants to eat worms to prove a point, one candidate faces more criminal charges than every president combined, but Biden is old, occasionally misremembers names and hasn't solved a decades-old conflict, so I don't know, must be tough to decide. /s
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Anyways, moving on

"How Rupert Murdoch quietly helped Mike Johnson survive Marjorie Taylor Greene’s ouster attempt" - bizarre, bizarre

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/09/m...ene/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I have no problem with Netenyahu wanting to crush Hamas, god knows they deserve it, but not at the cost of thousands of innocent people being destroyed along with those bastards.

I don't know how much truth there was to this, but I very faintly remember reading somewhere that if Trump hadn't gone into politics back in 2015, he might've divorced Melania in favor of whatever hootchie-mama he was shacked up with at the time. Clearly there was mostly likely never any genuine love in that marriage: all Trump wanted was a mail order Eurotrash model to roll in the hay with while Razor Cheeks used him to bring her parents over from abroad. Both of them are despicable. Yeah, Trump would just love to make it official with Ivanka.
    I absolutely and unequivocally agree that Hamas needs to go. They do more harm to their people than good. They do nothing BUT harm, to both sides. Netanyahu needs to go, too, though. He’s absolutely a war criminal.

I wish I could feel sorry for Melania. I really do. No one should be trapped in a loveless, transactional marriage. But she’s pretty friggin’ awful, herself, by all accounts. I hope Barron managed to avoid most of the awfulness indoctrination, but I’m not holding my breath. I mean, it has to sting, knowing that your father used your graduation as an excuse to get out of court, GOT the day off…and is using it to raise money and rant fascism at a worshipful audience of idiots, instead.

There MIGHT be hope for him, yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    You’re not wrong about the Democrats needing to win elections to undo the deliberate damage done to the voting rights of minorities in certain states. The problem is they must continue to dominate for several election cycles to maintain those changes which is impossible and the whole time Republican leaders are learning, adapting, and undermining. This is even worse since the coalition formed by the Heritage Foundation and its potential to organize and respond in a unified manner is likely to be a constant ongoing threat to democracy.
    What needs to happen is for the moderate Republicans to organize and create a strong presence within the party. There are almost certainly voters and politicians within the party who are uncomfortable with the undemocratic turn the Republican leadership has taken but are unwilling to voice their opinions. If enough can make themselves heard, it may be enough to at least halt the MAGA cult from undermining democracy in the US. After that, we’ll have to see.
    "What needs to happen is for the moderate Republicans to organize and create a strong presence within the party" - or for the Democrats to try to entice enough moderate Republican voters, at least for the time being - because I don't think what you describe is going to happen anytime soon.

After 2020, I thought the GOP would move more to the center. After Jan. 6th I though the GOP would move more to the center. After the Midterms I thought the GOP would move more to the center.

Not only has that not happened but, on top of that, more moderate voices like Liz Cheney (and she's not "moderate moderate" policy wise, but you know what I mean) has been essentially shut down by the GOP.

I've never thought I would reconsider my opinion that Trump is the most lunatic person to run for a US president.

One candidate wants to eat worms to prove a point, one candidate faces more criminal charges than every president combined, but Biden is old, occasionally misremembers names and hasn't solved a decades-old conflict, so I don't know, must be tough to decide. /s
    The really strange thing is how he gets more votes than just his + his wife's. Polling at an aggregated ~10%:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...2024/national/

10%, think about it! 10% in many European Countries is a junior coalition government. How can this wacko poll at 10%?

RFK entering the election at all was like a bad SNL skit. That it actually happened, and is still happening…? And that he’s blithely talking about BRAIN WORMS…?!

There was a show several years ago, BRAIN DEAD, about alien insects that parasitize politicians and talking heads in an effort to sow chaos while the alien ants take over. Had Tony Shalhoub and Mary Elizabeth Winstead and poked fun at the hyper-partisan politics of the time in an over the top way. It lasted a single season, was ridiculous, and was forgotten.

But then…”RFK brain worms” is the headline!

Looking at that, and Trump, and Fox News, and…I couldn’t help but remember it.

It’s starting to feel, in the same way that Idiocracy does, more like a documentary than the satire it was intended to be…
    Last edited by zinderel; 05-09-2024 at 11:17 AM.