Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Yeah, I remember how you talked about not feeling uncomfortable enough around cops who bragged about beating protestors to stop talking with and training with them, as the commute was an issue. I also remember you shifting goalposts rather than answering the question you were asked and mocking me for reminding you about it. I remember laying this all out quite clearly for you to ignore the post. I asked for clarification, you didn't give it, I reminded you what I was asking for, and you started saying that you didn't care and that I was making 'Goalposts' and other things up.

So when you post something like you did today, it should make sense why I misunderstood you.

I don't see why every post I make regarding Israel has to repeat how much I disapprove of Hamas, and the post you are replying to makes my opinion of the greedy bloodthirsty terrorists quite clear but here goes: Hamas is wrong to attack Israel during cease fire negotiations and at all for that matter. As for why I bring up Israel's actions instead of said terrorists? They are headed by a democratically elected government that actually holds elections and is accountable to it's people, running a modern first-rate military with the ability to make & stop attacks and who will follow orders. Hamas is a gang of thuggish terrorists who I don't think are the kind with Top Secret labeled plans they carry around all the time, and will often do things at-odds with what is best for both Hamas-Leadership & Palestine.

I want there to be a cease-fire and unless someone stops the killing first no one will, and the Israeli Gov't is supposedly the rational adults in the room so I expect it to be them. That is the only path to a solution we have, and towards my stated goal of a Gaza without Hamas governing it. Given as I reminded you of what I brought up shortly after the initial october attacks in the post you replied to which is the one I replied to and reminded you of (Which you are replying to here) you should be aware of the alternative I suggested they could have initiated last year. I have a poor opinion of Sealioning.

BTW, I have no idea why you are bringing up the bolded. None of that excuses what Netty & the military are doing to the Palestinian civilians right now, and it doesn't get into why the Palestinian civilians should trust either Hamas or Israel to stop killing them when both actively are.
    MMA:
    See, tsc tsc! You mischaracterized the conversation then and you're doing the same now. I stopped replying to you at the time because 1) It became a pointless discussion with absolutely no sense, 2) You kept mischaracterizing what I said, even after multiple clarifications/ corrections, 3) It became wildly off-topic, as essentially we went from talking about police violence (I brought up an example I've seen/heard as a comment to someone else) to my personal life. And because I can choose to disengage from a conversation when it becomes pointless/ uninteresting/ off-topic (any poster can do the same, no one is forced to reply to anyone ad aeternum).

Plus at some point you made a comment that "people can train other fighting styles", which is equivalent to e.g. telling someone who trains basketball that they can train volleyball or handball instead, it's all sports played with a ball. So, I mean, why should I continue talking about MMA/fighting gyms with someone who says something of that level? That's probably where I stopped replying.

Israel/Palestine:
    "I don't see why every post I make regarding Israel has to repeat how much I disapprove of Hamas..." - that's fine (I didn't ask for that, but it's fine)

"I want there to be a cease-fire and unless someone stops the killing first no one will" - are you convinced there will be a permanent (not temporary) ceasefire without the end of Hamas, one way or another?

"and the Israeli Gov't is supposedly the rational adults in the room so I expect it to be them." - and their objective is the destruction of Hamas and the protection of its citizens (the latter can't be said about Hamas, btw)

"That is the only path to a solution we have" - a ceasefire under what conditions? I mean, it's very easy to throw vague formulas at this situation, 'oh, a ceasefire and this is solved'. It doesn't work like that and events have shown it. There was a temporary ceasefire a while ago, where are we now?
    And what is the 'solution' after a ceasefire?

"and towards my stated goal of a Gaza without Hamas governing it." - and that happens how exactly? Imagine there's a permanent ceasefire tomorrow - how does Hamas stop governing Gaza? You ask them pretty please?

"you should be aware of the alternative I suggested they could have initiated last year" - please remind me of what you suggested, I don't remember. I see a link to page 360, which starts with your post #5386. What am I looking for?
    I mean - "what I brought up shortly after the initial october attacks in the post you replied to which is the one I replied to and reminded you of (Which you are replying to here)" - are you a software developer, because this looks like spaghetti code.
    But if you have a great recommendation on how to sustainably solve all of this mess, you shouldn't be 'wasting' time explaining it to random strangers in a comic books forum, you should be talking to the US Administration about it!

"BTW, I have no idea why you are bringing up the bolded. None of that excuses what Netty & the military are doing to the Palestinian civilians right now, and it doesn't get into why the Palestinian civilians should trust either Hamas or Israel to stop killing them when both actively are." - it was just to state that Israeli civilians also don't trust the folks who are in charge of Gaza
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-09-2024 at 04:07 PM.