Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
Okay I'll post...

Please just take this lightly, because it's a lot for a 30 min ep (though I think it'll be longer)...

Despite Deathbit, there are two other things that can happen, a Prime Sentinel or resurrection/mind control under Sinister (diamond forehead). It’s cannon that both Apocalypse and Sinister have resurrected mutants in the past.

The most important thing I keep going back to is Xavier’s vision in Ep 6. There’s something ominous about Gambit in this scene, like he’s about to do something of a cataclysmic scale. He turns into a Sentinel (foreshadowing a Prime Sentinel) Is he Sinister’s secret weapon? We saw the globe lit up in pink. We saw how powerful he could be against the Wild Sentinel. Is he going to kinetically charge something of a large scale? "You light up everything you touch"

Beau says on 2 occasions that it is “key” for Gambit to die not knowing that Rogue chose him at the gala. From Rogue’s perspective, it could be the thing that’s eating her up the most, the guilt, hence the reason why she betrayed Xavier and her family…or, from Gambit’s perspective, if resurrected, it’d be the catalyst to vent out his amplified anger, with no love, he’d be dead inside. Rogue’s the one that can cut through Gambit’s trance. I’d assume there would be a fight scene between the two at some point.

Now with this hint of a time-loop that Beau was referring to from that Star Trek ep, the loop could take place before the Genosha attack. Cable is can’t stop it, and Gambit will still die. But Nate can make small adjustments to change events WITHIN that short timeframe where he starts and where he ends up seeing his mother. For instance, Rogue could be getting dressed up for the gala planning to dance with Magneto, but what if there’s a subtle change? This time she notices the 'Queen of Hearts' card on her table reminding her of Remy, triggering her to rethink her choice. ‘Queen of Hearts’ has been a prominent motif this season, they even showed it in the final trailer. What if she dances with Remy instead of Erik? All of a sudden Gambit died knowing that he loved her. It then changes the perspective of Remy’s mindset in the present, he has his memory altered, all of a sudden he can cut through mind control whilst fighting Rogue, letting his guard down. “Breaking the spell” so to speak. “Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance” a "dance" can also refer to a fight...

As for Rogue, at the beginning of the ep she might be the one to put Magneto into a coma after what he did to Wolverine, I know Mags can protect himself from Rogue’s powers, but he’s in a weakened state or she catches him by surprise, putting a poetic end to their storyline that’s been built all season. Either that or Xavier mind wipes him again.

We know for a fact that Lenore has pretty much told us that Rogue’s goal is to avenge Remy (and she will do that). She’s after Bastion, she’s absorbed info from Gyrich which may contain vital info. So her “real journey begins” (Lenore’s words). It may also be her redemption for betraying the X-Men, saving Gambit for starters, and saving him from doing something horrible with his enhanced powers. “Rogue always comes to Gambit’s rescue”

Nightcrawler: “Love is best measured in what we forgive” foreshadowing her betrayal and her redemption.

This might carry over to season 2, we'll see. But the pacing for this show is quick, it can be covered in 8-10 mins of air time. Look at 'Fatal Attractions' and 'Inferno'.
Thanks for sharing. Very insightful read and I feel like the evidence about the poker game and there being more to that with the Queen of Hearts suggests we'll see something like this, or a variation anyway, occur. This way his death will not be invalidated but won't be permanent either.

And like you said in your other post, the lack of Mystique makes me feel she'll be involved as well. She's too major a character to be missing this whole season which has so heavily featured Rogue and Kurt and their reunion. No one clarifying who the mystery woman was at the funeral also seems to suggest it's a spoiler.