Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2762

Trim the fat and get rid of Nadia Van Dyne.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Possible they meant Hank, as in Hank Pym, or HawkEYE?
    Forgot this, but yes, I was talking about Hawkeye.

Bluebird

MCU synergy is often just handled in a very clumsy and awkward manner.

I know it won't happen but I thought Immortal Hulk was a nice capstone for Hulk and Thing's rivalry. I'd rather see them have another conversation at this point than another fight

At least for Joe, although Thing might also feel bad about taking on Savage from that point on as well. He also even sticks up for Joe when he gets re-powered in #49 and the Avengers all try to pick a fight (again).

Interesting thing about the Diner issue, it has some similarities to Incredible Hulk 365, where Joe and Ben were sort of in the opposite situation.

Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-13-2024 at 10:07 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Inhumans.

There's nothing wrong with the property and there is an untold and amazing inhumans story based on what they've had before
    waiting to be written.
    The downfall was the war with the mutants. . .

Black bolt releasing the Terrigen Mist resulted in the IVX but Earth-X and the two groups working to avert it would've been a better plan.

The Nu-humans aren't bad characters individually but they are "bland" in appearance and powerset.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm so tempted to agree with this, but for childish and petty reasons.

Lee, Kirby and Ditko's characters are not better or worse than modern characters.
    They just have been rammed down reader's throats for so long that they became iconic.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Inhumans.

There's nothing wrong with the property and there is an untold and amazing inhumans story based on what they've had before
    waiting to be written.

Black bolt releasing the Terrigen Mist resulted in the IVX but Earth-X and the two groups working to avert it would've been a better plan.

The Nu-humans aren't bad characters individually but they are "bland" in appearance and powerset.
    To me the most interesting the Inhumans have been in decades was after Secret Invasion when they took over the Kree Empire. When that was undone by the lame "cosmic" Inhumans stuff by Hickman it was tragic because it led to all the other crap that followed. I would much rather have seen more of them ruling the Kree Empire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Lee, Kirby and Ditko's characters are not better or worse than modern characters.
    They just have been rammed down reader's throats for so long that they became iconic.
    Damn straight.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I'm so tempted to agree with this, but for childish and petty reasons.
    Nothing petty about realizing that there is no need for this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Inhumans.

waiting to be written.

Given that the X-MEN wrecked their entire line in an attempt to be The Inhumans leads me to believe you are on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    By "rammed down reader's throats" you mean "were their own characters and were not attempting to leach off someone's mantle and were in much better stories with better creators readers responded to" than yeah, your right

Now that I get that out of my system,... Readers have to realise that the majority of new characters are going to fail, and there is nothing wrong with that. It's like those nature documentaries that show baby turtles being born and rushing towards the sea before a predator can devour them. Here is a clip, don't worry it's just under two minutes https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5p2B...ZyB0byBzZWE%3D What you have to understand is that for every Lee, Kirby etc baby turtle that made it to the ocean THERE ARE COUNTLESS BABY TURTLES THAT DIDN'T. People act like everything the legends did was golden but they had more misses than hits. That is why the baby turtles that make it to the ocean resonate so much with us. The mantle characters are the equivalent of a caring but foolish human picking the turtles up and walking to the sea and tossing them in. It's nice that they care that much, but that isn't nature's plan.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-14-2024 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Nature gives and takes in equal measure
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I very much preferred the theory that Pym's first wife was in fact a Red Room agent, and faked her own death to 'Russian agents', before returning with various scientific stuff she'd stolen from his research, and was now a high-ranking Widow with some Pym tech (sadly she faked her death *before* he discovered the Pym particle and it's size-changing, so her stolen tech was more along the line of cybernetics and hive-mind communication stuff).

The notion of a kid instead of that was just, meh. Everyone and their butler has a teen daughter this generation, it's getting a bit stale.

Everyone’s a critic
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

By "rammed down reader's throats" you mean "were their own characters and were not attempting to leach off someone's mantle and were in much better stories with better creators readers responded to" than yeah, your right
    It's not so much ramming down folks throats

It's the barriers OTHERS have dealt with they did not have to deal with in full force.

Somebody didn't say NO to suggestions.

Somebody didn't try to stand in the way of something.

Readers have to realise that the majority of new characters are going to fail, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Grown adults understand that.

It's the gatekeepers and manboys that act like they don't. They refuse to understand business and not every book is some agenda to attack white males.

You can't keep crying about the Scott Lodbells and Greg Lands keep getting work when you want to keep folks out.

How hard is it to say "the book didn't sell enough instead of saying this PROVE black folks don't belong in comics." When you got a ton of successful ones especially the one at Image that doesn't have the resources of Disney and was at one point selling under 20k for a good 17 years and nobody panicked.