Page 194 of 213 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3184
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

LBO , a big part of Hook’s streak was built on the lower card as we saw. He faced Jack Perry of course as he started up. But it’s like the momentum Tony built, he cut the legs off him.

I compared Hook vs Joe to a 1988 Sting vs Flair. With Sting , his push began 9 months and he suddenly got a match with Flair. But here…they were smart. It was way too soon for Sting to beat Ric Flair. But they did a draw to hook fans with a “what if ?”

Hook really needed that to get his momentum back up. The Jericho situation is as Detective posted…he needed a 6 month break to let fans miss him really. So it’s basically an angle that’s alienating the fans because one guy needs to go off awhile. And the other young guy who looked like the 2nd coming 2+ years ago is stuck in neutral.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jim Cornette this past week praised Samantha Irvin on Twitter for how she ring announces. That her facials and more add to things. That the prior regime was stupid to ask her to tone it down.

Irvin thanked him for this. Then a legion of aholes showed up telling Irvin she didn’t deserve the praise etc. It was pretty awful.

And I’m with Cornette on this one. Irvin really is the best ring announcer to me personally since Gary Michael Capetta. That man would make each introduction special it seems. His Sting one was gold.

“This is ….STIIIING !’”

Irvin gives me that same vibe. Her Chelsea Green intro is gold. I love it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Holy crap he literally is Tom Billingtons young clone.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    LBO , a big part of Hook’s streak was built on the lower card as we saw. He faced Jack Perry of course as he started up. But it’s like the momentum Tony built, he cut the legs off him.

I compared Hook vs Joe to a 1988 Sting vs Flair. With Sting , his push began 9 months and he suddenly got a match with Flair. But here…they were smart. It was way too soon for Sting to beat Ric Flair. But they did a draw to hook fans with a “what if ?”
    if the follow up was the same him having a draw with joe wouldn't have made a difference at all xcept it would've hurt joe as champ and his program with swerve. also being this wasn't a territory and both guys are on the show every week people would've xpected a rematch.

Hook really needed that to get his momentum back up.
    back up from what??

The Jericho situation is as Detective posted…he needed a 6 month break to let fans miss him really. So it’s basically an angle that’s alienating the fans because one guy needs to go off awhile. And the other young guy who looked like the 2nd coming 2+ years ago is stuck in neutral.
    i would've agreed with this 3 weeks ago but jericho's onto something with the oblivious assclown heel character he's doing now, and it's going to be better when they get back to the states.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    if the follow up was the same him having a draw with joe wouldn't have made a difference at all xcept it would've hurt joe as champ and his program with swerve. also being this wasn't a territory and both guys are on the show every week people would've xpected a rematch.

back up from what??

i would've agreed with this 3 weeks ago but jericho's onto something with the oblivious assclown heel character he's doing now, and it's going to be better when they get back to the states.
    A draw wouldn’t have hurt Joe at all. The dude lost how many matches clean in 2-3 years? A draw does nothing to hurt Joe. This win against Hook really didn’t help him either. Since it was Hook’s 1st real big main event match.

But yeah if Joe losing to Punk back in August didn’t hurt him , a draw to a young growing star wouldn’t either.

Speaking of Punk …I loved this entire shot. How one thing flows into another…and that was a unique moment with Punk n Gable.

A draw wouldn’t have hurt Joe at all. The dude lost how many matches clean in 2-3 years? A draw does nothing to hurt Joe. This win against Hook really didn’t help him either. Since it was Hook’s 1st real big main event match.

But yeah if Joe losing to Punk back in August didn’t hurt him , a draw to a young growing star wouldn’t either.
    joe wasn't champ when he lost to punk. joe was having a monster run as champ, a draw against hook would've hurt his momentum as champ and in turn hurt the program with swerve. and again, this isn't the territory days people would've xpected a rematch. on top of that it was a great way to get his first loss out of the way in a manner that not only doesn't hurt him but makes him more endearing to the crowd.

joe wasn't champ when he lost to punk. joe was having a monster run as champ, a draw against hook would've hurt his momentum as champ and in turn hurt the program with swerve. and again, this isn't the territory days people would've xpected a rematch. on top of that it was a great way to get his first loss out of the way in a manner that not only doesn't hurt him but makes him more endearing to the crowd.
    Flair and Sting didn’t face each other for 2 years later. And that was with TV and PPVs in that era.

Joe had just started his run. The man was so dominating he was ROH TV champion a year , rarely lost and just beat MJF. There is no way a time limit draw to Hook hurts Joe at all. A draw is not a loss here.

Flair and Sting didn’t face each other for 2 years later. And that was with TV and PPVs in that era.

Joe had just started his run. The man was so dominating he was ROH TV champion a year , rarely lost and just beat MJF. There is no way a time limit draw to Hook hurts Joe at all. A draw is not a loss here.
    you said it right there, he was dominating and then just started his run as champ and the first thing he's going to do is have a draw?? yeah that hurts his momentum as champ. a loss wasn't a loss here. if anything has hurt hook it wasn't the loss to joe it's what they've done with him since, and i'm not even going to complain about that because he doesn't belong in the title picture anyways.

you said it right there, he was dominating and then just started his run as champ and the first thing he's going to do is have a draw?? yeah that hurts his momentum as champ. a loss wasn't a loss here. if anything has hurt hook it wasn't the loss to joe it's what they've done with him since, and i'm not even going to complain about that because he doesn't belong in the title picture anyways.
    So when Flair had his 45 minute draw to Sting in 1988 , how bad was he hurt ? It was a draw...and that is to a dude with 9 months of a start of a push.

Joe's domination of the last few years wouldn't have been hurt to a draw. Joe could have claimed he would eventually have beaten Hook. Hook would have said the same.

And yeah...a loss was a loss here and this really took some momentum off what they could have done next with Hook. But it all comes down to sh-t booking and that is Tony's issue. A fact Immortal brought up his hot/cold booking.

So when Flair had his 45 minute draw to Sting in 1988 , how bad was he hurt ? It was a draw...and that is to a dude with 9 months of a start of a push.
    i don't know and it doesn't matter because joe's not flair, hook's not sting and it's not 1988

Joe's domination of the last few years wouldn't have been hurt to a draw. Joe could have claimed he would eventually have beaten Hook. Hook would have said the same.
    that definitely would have hurt his momentum as a monster champion, and in 2024 the audience is going to xpect a rematch if that match ends in a draw.

And yeah...a loss was a loss here and this really took some momentum off what they could have done next with Hook. But it all comes down to sh-t booking and that is Tony's issue. A fact Immortal brought up his hot/cold booking.
    not even close, hook and joe came out of that looking great, there's xamples of bad booking by tk, this isn't one of them. this is just another xample of you fantasy booking something and when it doesn't happen claiming it's bad or shit booking.

Jim Cornette this past week praised Samantha Irvin on Twitter for how she ring announces. That her facials and more add to things. That the prior regime was stupid to ask her to tone it down.

Irvin thanked him for this. Then a legion of aholes showed up telling Irvin she didn’t deserve the praise etc. It was pretty awful.

And I’m with Cornette on this one. Irvin really is the best ring announcer to me personally since Gary Michael Capetta. That man would make each introduction special it seems. His Sting one was gold.

“This is ….STIIIING !’”

Irvin gives me that same vibe. Her Chelsea Green intro is gold. I love it.
    Her announce for Ludwig Kaiser is pretty good too.
    Watching television is not an activity.

i don't know and it doesn't matter because joe's not flair, hook's not sting and it's not 1988

that definitely would have hurt his momentum as a monster champion, and in 2024 the audience is going to xpect a rematch if that match ends in a draw.

not even close, hook and joe came out of that looking great, there's xamples of bad booking by tk, this isn't one of them. this is just another xample of you fantasy booking something and when it doesn't happen claiming it's bad or shit booking.
    Hook doesn't half half the ring presence or charisma of Sting.

Joe's first WT defense going to draw screams the bad booking he escaped from WWE.

" You know what would be coOoOOoo0oO00oool? Let's have the monster heel champ have a draw with the skinny MMA nepo kid!?"

That would've killed Joe and eventually made Swerve's win a joke.

The loss made Hook more like Rey Rey and kept Joe strong.
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hook doesn't half half the ring presence or charisma of Sting.

Joe's first WT defense going to draw screams the bad booking he escaped from WWE.

" You know what would be coOoOOoo0oO00oool? Let's have the monster heel champ have a draw with the skinny MMA nepo kid!?"

That would've killed Joe and eventually made Swerve's win a joke.

The loss made Hook more like Rey Rey and kept Joe strong.

Joe hadn't lost much in 2-3 years. He lost 6 months ago to CM Punk. I'm sorry , but people complaining online (and they did as Hook kicked out of one of Joe's moves) is a given. They are gonna complain about whatever Hook did here. But going on with ..."This would make Joe look weak for Swerve is....well its silly. Swerve and Joe didn't really have a singles program til March. The Joe/Hook match happened in December.

Remember when Hangman Page's 1st real title defense as AEW World champion went to a 60 minute draw a couple years ago ? No one was saying how Hangman looked weak against Danielson. Even I complimented the program and felt it should have been one of his PPV programs really. Because it had a good storyline.

The same issue is here.

Also going "This screams the same bad booking he escaped from..."

Not ...even....close. I wonder if people screamed that when Danielson went to a draw 1st match against Hangman Page. "This is the same bad booking he escaped from !"

The best option for Hook is what his dad really is rumored to be wanting....sign that NXT deal. Go to a company that at least is booking people better. Hell even the ring announcers are getting more over comically.

And Sting in 1988 , isn't the Sting we saw become World Champion in 1990 or after. He was given his 1st growing push and really was an unproven guy then. As he started to get over they decided to let him work against Flair. Who saw something in him.

Flair did the same as World Champion for Brian Pillman in 1990 as he started getting over big. While he won , he used heel tactics like Woman at ringside and the tights to get a cheap heel victory...to keep Pillman strong in his win.

Now Joe isn't Flair by a long shot here. But a draw as pointed above to a star you been building a long while isn't wrong. Flair himself wasn't hurt in 1988 by the draw , he also wasn't hurt by the cheap heel tactics we saw in 1990 against Pillman. (Of course , much like Tony Khan in a way , Herd would never push Pillman post match as much as Flair believed in him)

Hell , Herd almost wanted to not push Sting in 1990 but Flair won out saying , that was the plan after that 45 minute draw. He knew Sting was legit the next guy. They just had to continue his build.

Hook wouldn;t suddenly demand a World title rematch the next week. A good booker would have followed the Sting mind set. Move him into the mid-card. Let him go for the TNT Championship. Give him Christian awhile and his group to feud against after Edge. Let him work against Killswitch to get to Christian for his TNT title shot and go from there.

Let Hook work the mid-card (and that means leaving FTW world title vacant as he holds that belt). You spend a year giving Hook a slow build to the programs with Blackpool Combat Club to get their respect. Then you can pull that next trigger on him.

But it takes build and good booking. And quite frankly beyond Swerve , Tony Khan really , REALLY needs help here.