Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    And better against Sentinel for PG rated Disney action lmao
    Yeah. They finaly have human-ish enemies for Wolverine to be allowed to hack and slash because they don't need to bleed red and aren't fully human anymore and the he gets thrown at Magneto for that Fatal Attraction moment, regardless of how little sense it makes given all the other times Magneto and Wolverine faced off in movies and cartoons.

Incredible Member

best reason
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

apparently they included him because they figured magneto would never do what he did. atleast that’s the explanation giving
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

They included him because he was included in the comic story that they adapted here, Fatal Attractions. It’s not that deep.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They included him because he was included in the comic story that they adapted here, Fatal Attractions. It’s not that deep.
    I mean I thought the same thing as the meme when I saw the episode AND 30 years ago as a kid when I bought X-Men 25! Why would you bring Wolverine lolll

The reason why it's so bizarre is because the rest of the season is written with such articulated care. But having Wolverine go up against Magneto just because it happens in the comics is a rare misstep for the writers.

We will see how that works out. So far Jean isnt there though

Maybe Rogue absorbs Magneto's powers and plays the "Jean Grey" role from Wolverine #75, to keep his body intact (with the adamantium).

But I'm thinking it might bring Apocalypse in next season, and help restore his adamantium as a Horseman (along with the heavy speculation that Gambit might be 'Death') and maybe Wolverine as 'War'.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-12-2024 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The reason why it's so bizarre is because the rest of the season is written with such articulated care. But having Wolverine go up against Magneto just because it happens in the comics is a rare misstep for the writers.
    A lot of the adaptations in this show aside from Magneto's story felt rushed and forgettable for general audience but not x-fans. Yet it manage to adapt same as the story which didn't gave much room for critics. So regardless what you say about this I can definitely see getting better reviews since it's Logan
    Last edited by Keno; 05-12-2024 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Maybe Rogue absorbs Magneto's powers and plays the "Jean Grey" role from Wolverine #75, to keep his body intact (with the adamantium).

But I'm thinking it might bring Apocalypse in next season, and help restore his adamantium as a Horseman (along with the heavy speculation that Gambit might be 'Death') and maybe Wolverine as 'War'.
    It isn't just his whole skeleton but his whole mind and body that got ripped apart in Fatal Attractions.

It isn't just his whole skeleton but his whole mind and body that got ripped apart in Fatal Attractions.
    Yeah, I think Xavier was trying to stabilize him mentally? I haven't read Fatal Attractions in literally over 25 years. I remember Jean was there, but this time she isn't...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

A lot of the adaptations in this show aside from Magneto's story felt rushed and forgettable for general audience but not x-fans. Yet it manage to adapt same as the story which didn't gave much room for critics. So regardless what you say about this I can definitely see getting better reviews since it's Logan

i think the show will initially get great reviews but inbetween the next season it will start getting picked apart by die hards
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Yeah, I think Xavier was trying to stabilize him mentally? I haven't read Fatal Attractions in literally over 25 years. I remember Jean was there, but this time she isn't...
    A lot of the story involved Jean to be the key that brought Logan back from death. Which became more evident with the recent Larry Hama's Patch story.

To be fair he did actually help out in taking down Magneto up until Magneto used his powers on him.

Been years since I read it too but I think they shut off his mind, the ability to register pain, and tried to keep him from falling apart mentally.