Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Jeff the Land Shark deserves a spot or a home in any book since Deadpool seemed to have abandoned him. Probably the best character created at Marvel in the last 20 years.
    He has his own book, It's Jeff, by Kelly Thompson and Gurihiru. It's a Marvel Unlimited one but some of it has been put into a print one-shot. He's shown to be in the care of Kate Bishop or Gwenpool there (it could be that the whole thing is set during Thompson's West Coast Avengers run where Jeff debuted, since they were both on that team).

Of course when Jeff was in Deadpool, Thompson was his writer. Now he's written by someone else, so no surprise Jeff is gone from that book.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2024 at 03:50 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I rather Mercury get a solo
    You're right, that would be even better.

Seriously, though, I can't believe Mercury hasn't been a regular in any book for such a long time now. She's similar to Mystique, but with even cooler powers and without any of the problematic baggage.

Spectacular Member

Having "decades of history" isn't enough reason for a character to be in a book imo. They should only be in books if the writer actually wants them to be there and has a vision for them.

Anyway, the X-franchise has such a ridiculous library of characters that there are always going to be a bunch that are benched for periods. Better that than writers feeling forced to awkwardly shoehorn in characters in their stories.

e; having said that where is my boy Maggott you marvel hacks
    Last edited by Aetherna; 05-11-2024 at 04:56 AM.

The biggest travesties are from Year 1 Duggan X-Men: Synch, Polaris, and Sunfire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post

Seriously, though, I can't believe Mercury hasn't been a regular in any book for such a long time now. She's similar to Mystique, but with even cooler powers and without any of the problematic baggage.
    Couldn't agree more

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    Having "decades of history" isn't enough reason for a character to be in a book imo. They should only be in books if the writer actually wants them to be there and has a vision for them.

Anyway, the X-franchise has such a ridiculous library of characters that there are always going to be a bunch that are benched for periods. Better that than writers feeling forced to awkwardly shoehorn in characters in their stories.

Do you think that’s the case?

Or do you think Editorial make the decisions on cast for the most part?

Astonishing Member

Got the feeling Marrow is going to show up as part of the mutant PMCs supposed to be an ongoing plot in X-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post

She is a heroic female T-1000, she doesn't need to be compared to or stand in the shadow of a mere fleshy shape shifter.

I’d like to see Black Tom in one of the books. The Krakoa era gave him a huge part, and while he was a bit loopy, even after getting back to normal, he never reverted or acted villainous. I think he’d be great in a book in the new era.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post

That is not how it works.

We have had editors dictate who is in a book many times.
    And depending on the writer and their level of professionalism is what determines the final result.

Priest did not care for T'Challa yet you could NOT tell that in his 60+ issue run.
    Now compared that to the last 3 runs. With one writer openly saying he did not care for T'Challa.
    Batman-when Batman had a partner in his book we SAW that partner with him through out the book. Not having one panel cameos. Duke Thomas got nothing but cameos.
    Prodigy got chumped out in Antman to prop up Antman and almost the same thing in Young Avengers.
    McDuffie's JLA-he didn't care for someone on that roster-you couldn't tell by his writing.

Lets not forget how many books are dumped on writers that did not pitch them.

Also leave to some writers-guys like Synch and Hellion would never be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Iceman
    Polaris
    Bishop
    Lifeguard
    Marrow
    Northstar
    Chamber
    Hollow
    Perfect roster for a new X-Treme X-Men volume

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’d like to see Black Tom in one of the books. The Krakoa era gave him a huge part, and while he was a bit loopy, even after getting back to normal, he never reverted or acted villainous. I think he’d be great in a book in the new era.
    I could see him on a team. After Sammy beats him within a centimeter of his life.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is not how it works.

We have had editors dictate who is in a book many times.
    And depending on the writer and their level of professionalism is what determines the final result.

Priest did not care for T'Challa yet you could NOT tell that in his 60+ issue run.
    Now compared that to the last 3 runs. With one writer openly saying he did not care for T'Challa.
    Batman-when Batman had a partner in his book we SAW that partner with him through out the book. Not having one panel cameos. Duke Thomas got nothing but cameos.
    Prodigy got chumped out in Antman to prop up Antman and almost the same thing in Young Avengers.
    McDuffie's JLA-he didn't care for someone on that roster-you couldn't tell by his writing.

Lets not forget how many books are dumped on writers that did not pitch them.

Also leave to some writers-guys like Synch and Hellion would never be seen again.
    Morrison wanted to use Colossus in his run but couldn’t because a hack killed him off rather than figure out what to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    The biggest travesties are from Year 1 Duggan X-Men: Synch, Polaris, and Sunfire.
    I read that as the biggest transvestites and wasn’t even mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I read that as the biggest transvestites and wasn’t even mad.
    OMG so did i!

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if Domino will appear in Uncanny X-men title since Gail loved previously writing her solo series.