Page 110 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2406
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After her marriage ended she booty-called Logan as petty revenge. (garbage writing)

In her solo/limited series Pak gave them a sort of serious relationship that ended when he "died". And she had the huge burst of anguish. Which I really think was a huge misstep on his part as Logan and Storm always worked best as casual hook-ups because both their hearts "belonged" to other people. Thankfully most of that short run is ignorable and irrelevant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After thinking about it, I think I prefer if Ororo had a team book and not a solo.

She's a great character and could probably get her solo book to 20 something issues. In my head, Ororo works better when she's leading and guiding others to a particular goal. Claremont and Ewing have shown me that best Storm is when she leading.
    We have never seen Storm in a long term solo setting. I think the potential is there, but it is unproven. The correct creative team could pull it off. We just haven't seen it yet. I do think that after almost 50 years in a team setting, the character is viewed through that lens by the audience. It would take a powerful run to change that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    After her marriage ended she booty-called Logan as petty revenge. (garbage writing)

In her solo/limited series Pak gave them a sort of serious relationship that ended when he "died". And she had the huge burst of anguish. Which I really think was a huge misstep on his part as Logan and Storm always worked best as casual hook-ups because both their hearts "belonged" to other people. Thankfully most of that short run is ignorable and irrelevant.
    I agree. And given that Logan was banging other people at the the time, for the integrity of both characters, they really only worked as casual and a true couple.

Fantastic Member

Since we have a little more time before we learn who will be handling the creative duties on Storm, my question is: who would you like to see handle the book? My alpha choice would be Tochi Onyebuchi who I thought did a great job on Captain America: Symbol of Hope. I also vibed on what Sabir Pirzada and Iman Vellani have done on their Ms. Marvel minis. It was the only Fall of X mini-series stuff I actually liked.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We have never seen Storm in a long term solo setting. I think the potential is there, but it is unproven. The correct creative team could pull it off. We just haven't seen it yet. I do think that after almost 50 years in a team setting, the character is viewed through that lens by the audience. It would take a powerful run to change that.
    I agree. I think Storm could be a great solo character simply because she is one of those characters that takes up too much space in a team setting. She is usually either the center of the story or wallpaper. Her character rarely just blends well somewhere in the middle. There is so much weight and reach with her character. As much of a team book as X Men Red was, one could argue it was a Storm and the X Men book as well. I would love to see a book that gives us that richness but also doesn't have anything that hinders exploring more deeply the solo themes involved. With a great writer, I think Storm could be a great solo character that shares her leadership in a variety of situations around the greater MU.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Since we have a little more time before we learn who will be handling the creative duties on Storm, my question is: who would you like to see handle the book? My alpha choice would be Tochi Onyebuchi who I thought did a great job on Captain America: Symbol of Hope. I also vibed on what Sabir Pirzada and Iman Vellani have done on their Ms. Marvel minis. It was the only Fall of X mini-series stuff I actually liked.
    For me right now there is only one answer and that's Al Ewing and well that doesn't seem like a possibility unfortunately, but he's been the best writer for her in eons.

As Lord Ewing is not available...

My Writer pick would be Stephanie Williams. Her back-up in SW 02 was truly engaging and layered. I wanted to read more.
    For Artist(s)...Yildiray Cinar and Stephano Caselli. Their work in XMRed was chef's kisses exquisite.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As Lord Ewing is not available...

My Writer pick would be Stephanie Williams. Her back-up in SW 02 was truly engaging and layered. I wanted to read more.
    For Artist(s)...Yildiray Cinar and Stephano Caselli. Their work in XMRed was chef's kisses exquisite.
    I could enjoy that combination a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After thinking about it, I think I prefer if Ororo had a team book and not a solo.

She's a great character and could probably get her solo book to 20 something issues. In my head, Ororo works better when she's leading and guiding others to a particular goal. Claremont and Ewing have shown me that best Storm is when she leading.
    Nope, Storm has enough potential for solo if it is well written and in-depth. Sometimes I am surprised by some of the authors in Marvel. I would expect 80% of them to be on Ewing level or Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It's about time we learn more about Storm's upcoming solo.

Though I do agree with the comment she would take over when serving under another leader. She has been part of several team, which she did not lead and I think Cyclops is still the overall leader.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Nope, Storm has enough potential for solo if it is well written and in-depth. Sometimes I am surprised by some of the authors in Marvel. I would expect 80% of them to be on Ewing level or Hickman.
    Hickman and Lord Ewing are in the top 2% of writers. No way the majority of writers are at their level, nor should one expect them to be.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    When in actuality...80% are not. And I can understand why and don't fault them or compare them. But rather take each writer on their own merit and capabilities.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hickman and Lord Ewing are in the top 2% of writers. No way the majority of writers are at their level, nor should one expect them to be.
    This is the quiet part out loud. I haven't seen many of the current writers come close to those two.

This week's X-Men Monday on AIPT Comics featured info about about Storm and new art work:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/13/x-...ecrets-part-1/
    Attached Images Attached Images